Verastar
Verastar Employee Review

Just a terrible place to work.

24 September 2019
One redeeming feature: the people. A lot of good people get stuck at Verastar because they make it so difficult to leave. Some of the managers are great. Some of them, though, are not. The rest of the job is terrible. You're treated as a number rather than a person. Even if you've got a doctor's note or a genuine emergency, they will tell you to be in work or they'll give you a disciplinary. If you try to appeal it, they'll then use your appeal to punish you further. If you're looking for somewhere that can offer you reasonable pay for reasonable hours and reasonable holidays and sick days, do not work here.
1.0Job security/advancement
Official response from Verastar
15 October 2019
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience whilst working with Verastar as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working with us. We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.
31 January 2021
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) - Manchester
They boast about hiring 30 people every month, only the blindly dedicated survive. Awful work environment that promotes misinformation as fact and treats customers horrendously.
Pros
Pizza rarely as if that makes up for the weeks of abuse
Cons
Nearly everything
5 January 2021
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) - Hamilton, South Lanarkshire
Management liked to accuse you of things you didn’t have a clue about. If you were a favourite you got away with everything. Oh and god forbid you get ill cos they’ll have you in a disciplinary for being off & ask how you’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Pros
N/a
1 November 2020
Administrator (Former Employee) - Manchester
Work colleagues are amazing and easy to get on with. However this is let down by incompetent management and authoritarian like rules. Almost felt like being back in school. Undervalued staff and practically no care for their workers.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
  1. Just a terrible place to work.