Verizon

Verizon Employee Reviews

Showing all 29,217 reviews

An ever changing company

An ever changing company, always striving to stay 1 step ahead. There is no typical day as you always need to be ready to change something, to be flexible and still deliver complex projects on time.

Great Place to Work

I worked for Verizon Wireless for over 10yrs. I truly enjoyed working for the company. The leadership was easy to approach and very helpful. The environment and culture was fun and made it very comfortable to show up to work.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Hard to get promoted

Meh

Verizon is a great place if you need a job in a pinch. Hours are unpredictable and shifts change every few months. Supervisors are also forever changing. If you like an unpredictable day with different parts of the organization telling you different things then this is the place for you.

benefits

Cons

unpredictable schedule, insconsistent management

Great benefits

I’ve been with Verizon for 7 years first in customer service, and now in porting, credit, and activations. I mostly have all good things to say about Verizon as a workplace. The hours are decent, pay is good, benefits are solid, time off is amazing (next year is my 8th year so I’ll get my 5th week of vacation in addition to my 6 personal days and 5 sick days). I work from home full time, which is great.

Pros

Pay, time off, annual bonus, paid holidays, flexible scheduling, excellent training, excellent support from leadership to succeed, work remotely

Cons

Can be stressful depending on your department

Hired for development and put into testing projects

Hired for development and put into testing projectsNot so great experience.but policies are goodLeaves are good .no perks,Not so good at promotions. all politics and promtes people they like

Pros

Good leave policy, Hike are. Good

Cons

No promotions

Great company

Great company loved working there I only separated when the company eliminated my position and I had no interest in sales. Sometimes it was tough working retail but that was to be expected.

Not much

This company trys to rush people to get license inThis company trys to rush people to get license in their individual states and then makes them pay for leads to cold call and drive to door knock to make life insurance sales.

Pros

lunch

Cons

managememt

Great company depending on location

Great company overall. Great hourly pay. Commission has taken a fall lately. Depending on staff and location could be a great fit for most. It is what you make of it.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Houre

Not long term positon

Management and team were great. The change in commission structure and some customers make the job less appealing. For a full time employee I'm not sure how you find a work-life balance in a position like this.

22 October 2021
Flexibility and work-life balance are very important to us at Verizon. Thank you for your feedback - we will do our best to incorporate it in order to improve.

Fun place to work

Management was very helpful in learning the various systems being implemented and took the time to be a part of the interactions to help close sales and ensure you are doing the job properly.

Benefits

Cons

Team based commission

22 October 2021
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us, and we appreciate you sharing your feedback on the commission structure. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, so we thank you again for your insights.

Fun place to work!

I enjoyed my time here at the Verizon. It’s a great company to work for. Benefits are great and lots of room for advancement! Management was always supportive as well as senior. I really enjoyed my time here. I have learned a lot!

Pros

Free lunch and PTO

Cons

Monthly sales target

Great Benefits and Compensation but can crush your soul

Pay is very competitive and benefits are excellent for the work. There is a lot of time off options and if you can't manage your time off here you will not be able to manage it anywhere. Your leadership will try and help you succeed in your position but it is up to you to make it happen. It can be difficult for truly excellent employees to get recognized for their contribution as there is a tendency to put everyone in the middle - overvaluing the poor contributors and undervaluing the exceptional contributors. There is opportunity to learn so take advantage of it and don't let yourself stagnate. It is hard to get fired unless doing something dishonest or not managing your time off. However, the company will frequently downsize departments or centers, so don't feel too safe in one position.

Pros

Good benefits and compensation. Lots of time off options and opportunity so succeed

22 October 2021
Providing a positive work environment centered around personal growth and success is extremely important to us, so we appreciate you sharing your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions on potential areas of improvement.

Excellent Benifits,

Verizon really cares about it’s employees. Yearly sizable Bonuses.Lot’s of department off campus lunches, as well as catered events to thank workers.

Pros

Bonuses, Lunches, Company Gifts and rewards.

Cons

Management can tend to micro manage

22 October 2021
Ensuring that our employees are provided with a positive and comfortable work environment is extremely important to us. Our benefits are designed to help V Teamers not only in their careers, but also in areas of their lives outside of Verizon. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking to improve.

Work life balance, excellent retirement, superb health care benefits, bonuses, yearly increase, and profit sharing. Plus vacation increase every year.

Pros

Work life balance, retirement, health benefits, bonuses and yearly increase

Cons

24/7 operations, 365 a year

Bad co

Bad company to work for you do not want to invest your time here with the amount of cuts they have been taking to the core of your bottom line. Not worth it

22 October 2021
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us your feedback, as we are always looking for areas of improvement.

The Greatness

Verizon Wireless was a great company to be apart of. It is just a shame that they were placed into the hands of a call center that did not fulfill there end of the bargain. I love the company and how they go above and beyond for their customers.

Pros

Customer Service, Employee Appreciation.

Cons

None actually

Great place if you put the effort in

My time at Verizon was great with good training and a supportive team. The only issue was the fact that you will have to deal with escalations on other peoples issues but that’s sales for you. Benefits were great and work life balance is fair for the type of business.

stressful long days and almost impossible to get days off

Worked for Verizon as a customer service rep in a call center from 2018 till june of 2020 and I wish i would have left sooner. They praise that they care about employees and that they are there for employees no matter what, yet as soon as they see your numbers drop they jump on you about it all the time. The upper mangement really does not care about anything besides meeting the numbers goals and could really care less about employee morale and mental health. Supervisors it is a 50/50 you either get a great supervisor or a horrible one. Trying to get time off is also impossible espically around the holidays no matter what you have planned or how far out they will say sorry you should have put it in sooner. Only benefit is the good pay and benefits but other than than not worth coming in everyday to be yelled at

Pros

Good benefits and pay

Cons

Bad management, impossible to get any weekends or major holidays off

15 October 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking to improve.

not the worst but definitely not the best in wireless anymore. Somewhat of a sinking ship

Been here for over decade. The culture for the first 9 years was unbelievable. Then VZ 2.0 happened and the culture disappeared. Great insurance and stock plan. I'm in sales the base pay for the industry is appallingly low. Manage is more worried about SFDC then actual closed deals.

Pros

Benefits.. 401k.... work from home.. Stable

Cons

Base is horrible for industry

Good when it was booming

Was a great place to work. Excellent pay, benefits, training. Good while it lasted, but landline service essentially has become obsolete with cellular & internet.

Great benefits, and good culture in specific locations.

I love Verizon, they have allowed me to be able to do a lot of things through my employment. They took care of us while stores were shut down due to covid, and allowed us to utilize our time volunteering virtually if we wanted to. And verizon has always responded to crisis, which is exactly what they did and will continue to do. I will always be grateful. I know that things were a lot worse for others. I maintained an income and pay and was still not working for almost a month. I feel like recently the company has stopped caring so much about employees and more about the bottom line. In the last year alone there have been so many changes that have directly effected frontline employees, some to such a severe degree that they’ve been forced to find a different employer. I still believe that Verizon has the best intentions when it comes to innovation and helping customers. However I feel like they have cast aside employees. I know that there is a bottom line that needs to be hit, and that there are monies that need to be made to make up for 2020, but I feel like some of the changes that were made and continue to be made are detrimental to employees and morale. The summer/fall after we returned to work jobs were cut, stores were closed and now most of us are taking on multiple roles instead of focusing on the role we were hired for. I work in retail and I will say I do appreciate the new hours that has helped with the work life balance, and the benefits are awesome.

Pros

Benefits, tuition reimbursement for business related degrees.

Cons

You will work Holidays, weekends and still a retail schedule

10.2K