Version 1

United Kingdom12 reviews

Fantastic Company!

Featured review

Version 1 selected this as a representative review
Excellent company to work for if you are willing to work hard and strive to continually improve yourself, your team, and delivery for customers. There really is No Ego, and you can speak openly to anyone

Pros

No politics

Cons

Like everyone, would like more money :)

Defintely the right move for me!

Version 1 has brought my career back to life, I have been openly encouraged to look after the direction of my career while receiving support from management since joining Version 1. This is an inspiring place to work due to the attitude of my colleagues and each individual’s attitude towards delivering for the customer. The week passes quickly due to the fast-paced, lively environment. Version 1 is not just a Great Place to Work but also a healthy place to work. There are more staff wellbeing events than you could ever imagine being able to attend. The social events will also keep you feeling part of the team.

Pros

Looks after the employees as well as the customer.

Insights into Version 1

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Keep Changes mind set of decision from Management

Interview process if very much pathetic. no clear direction from HR .Keep changes on salary package .false promise salary side.As the slogan says, it's a great place to work, not an easy place to work. Commitment is a necessity to thrive at Version 1

Pros

zero

Cons

Think multiple times before start interview process

Challenging but stimulating

The Version1 motto is "great place to work - not an easy place to work" and this is very true. You will be challenged but in return you have access to loads of opportunities. Probably not the place if you want to coast along.

Don't expect an easy ride working for Version 1, but you will find a friendly, supportive and encouraging environment. Having said that, it's not exactly a sweathouse either. There are great opportunities to enhance or develop your career. Colleagues are always willing to help if you need some guidance. The management are as much a part of the team as you will be. Staff well being is very important to them. There are plenty of team building activities if that is important to you. Even if you don't attend much, you are still made to feel part of the team here

Great place to work but not the easiest

Version 1 is one of the very few places where I have worked and the core values are actually lived by every employee. The work is great but can be challenging and fast-paced so it keeps you on your toes, which is really good in my opinion. I have been with the business now for a year and have to say that I made the right choice by choosing V1.

Pros

Free Breakfast, work life balance, exciting work

Cons

Annual leave days

Very challenging work environment

People don't take responsibility and managers do alot of finger pointing. Plus they tricked me with an incorrect notice period claiming it was 1 month on paper but actually 1 week in reality.

Official response from Version 1

10 July 2019
We are sorry that your time in Version 1 did not live up to expectations. To clarify, our terms and conditions are transparently and clearly set for all our employees and contractors before they join and referred to with integrity in the event someone may decide to move on from Version 1. Best of luck with your future endeavours.

You dont have a life

No depth to the company. People are just to busy to even provide the smallest bit of advice. No one has time to make any meaningful change to the process or procedures and things just stay the same, the normal is headless chicken time, therefor nothing meaningful ever changes. Don't expect to do things that make you progress if you aren't in Dublin and never expect your views to mean anything as the long termers don't want to listen as they have been there longer than you. Normal day is NOT 9 to 5 more like 4am to 12:00 midnight and weekends. Dedicated people but they are too busy to notice they are getting taken advantage off

Pros

Decidated people

Cons

EXPECTED hours you have to work. Travel ALL THE TIME.

Excellent work life balance and maturity

The work life balance is excellent and no culture of mandatory working late. Excellent culture of management and they simply want to get the work done. Good workplace feeling with events throughout the year and themes like Halloween being promoted. Best career development programme I have seen, and you can progress as quickly as you like with the Career Path Development plan.

Pros

Great office in Redditch & Dublin, culture of management, business direction

Benefits

Excellent working environment

Version 1 is a thoroughly enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunities to learn new things on a daily basis due to the wealth of knowledge and expertise across the group. The staff are all very helpful and approachable and share a real passion to make Version 1 a market leader within the IT industry. People are always willing to listen to your ideas/suggestions and encourage an environment where new thoughts are brought to the table. Personally, the most enjoyable aspect is being part of such a fast paced and forward thinking organisations where hard work, innovativeness and creativity is rewarded and strongly encouraged.

Pros

Career Progression Opportunities

Fast Growing Values Based IT Services Firm

I've been in Version 1 a little over a year and really enjoying it. The people are fantastic and very helpful. There is a big emphasis on career development and you are actively encouraged to have a career plan in place with your manager. The core values are very important in Version 1 and you will hear about them all the time from graduates all the way up to senior management. Version 1 is ambitious and makes no apology for it. There is a huge amount of potential for growth in the UK market. I've found the time has simply flown by, there's a great energy in the place and things move extremely fast in this company. I find myself facing new and exciting challenges every quarter. Highly recommend Version 1 in the UK and Ireland.

Fast growing and impressive company to work for

Version 1's success story as outlined on most of their job descriptions, is an impressive one which doesn't show any sign of waning. Whilst I've worked here I've heard plenty about our next acquisition, which will mean we grow even larger in the UK market. Although we are still quite a young company in the UK market vs the Irish market, we are here to stay and mean business. My role has given me a great overview of the growth plans for the company over the next few years and some of the areas we are moving into and expanding further in to are extremely exciting. The office culture is quite relaxed and means that the dress code isn't too strict nor are the hours, people have good flexibility to come and go and leave early if they need to, there is trust placed in you as an employee to get your work done. The quarterly rhythm we enjoy here is quite nice as you aren't working towards lofty, unrealistic objectives all year but set realistic, definitive goals for the quarter in question and if you perform well, enjoy a quarterly bonus as a result of your hard work. It's outlined quite clearly how you progress from level to level and in the UK especially there is huge scope to take on more responsibility and grow if that's what you are looking for, as we are still in a growth phase.

Pros

Quarterly profit share, relaxed culture

Cons

Still working on defining a UK culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Version 1. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement