Vertu Motors

United Kingdom340 reviews

motorbristolcardealershipstreetroletargetprogression

Exciting fast paced environment

Featured review

Vertu Motors selected this as a representative review
Great Team headed up by great leadership, very high standards an outstanding dealership (JLR Bolton) headed up by the best in the business, if you are considering building your career with a great company and working with a very career focused Team of individuals, you will also be supported by a great management team and work in a fantastic state of the art facility.

Pros

Team

Cons

N/a

18 November 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy you enjoy working with the Group

Productive, friendly and professional

From the moment you walk in to the branch, it is a relaxed but busy atmosphere, full of professional people all trying to do a job to the best of their ability. Customer service & satisfaction is at the heart of what we do which means all staff are polite and friendly. The management allow us to be flexible where possible which means they get a healthier, more productive and happier workforce overall.

Pros

Workplace culture - Friendly and there to help

Cons

Honestly no cons

Insights into Vertu Motors

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Wet bad place to work

If you value urself as a technician stay away from this place ! Bad management! 3 managers left upto now since I’ve been working there ! 6 months. The controllers who give work out are useless ! Speak to you like your dog dirt on there shoes ! And management stand by them ! No training given but you are expected to repair cars in stupid times ! I complained about my diagnostic machine not working properly! 6 months still the same but then sacked for Efficiency ! A place that very strongly says respect to there employees and a great place to work ??? People walking out all the time due to the way you are treated! After 25 years of being a technician in main dealers this has to be the worst I’ve ever been to ! Stay away from the place and find a better job where you are treated with respect and given some training to do your job with equipment that works !

Very stressful

The people I worked with were great (mostly) but high turnover due to stress and high targetsA lot of favouritism towards the endStupidly high targets

Fast enviroment

Fast working culture. Not the best work life balance but that’s the job. Not bad pay if it is worked for but can be difficult to reach targets with stock levels

Very controlling

You will get on well if you just act like a robot and never ask as to why things are done a certain way. They just want people to act like a robot and tick boxes if you have a brain then it’s not for you

Excellent place to work

Vertu motors is a very pleasant and exciting place to work pay is excellent for my job and holiday allowance is excellent. There are lots of opportunities to progress your career and training is giving to get to your goals.

Good Money but high pressure

The dealership is a good place to work, good people to be around, but the industry itself is toxic. Favoritism is rampant and the hours leave no time for a work life balance.

No Work Life Balance

Pay isn’t Bad, Work life balance, what is this. Work with no thanks. Only way to progress in this business is by kissing up, talent and hard work will not be enough Lots of clueless people too high on the ladder with limited vision and only interested in their bonus and themselves Talk the talk never walk the walk

Pros

Pay

Cons

A lot

Not bad place but wage is lowest of the low.

OK place to work but the salary is poor for a warehouse job here.6 days a week means no life. They need to add at least 50p per hour to still be slightly behind most places here.

Pros

Relaxed environment. Nice people.

Cons

Very poor pay and too many hours/days.

Average retail dealership environment

Typical retail environment. Target driven. Expect to work fast to hit monthly targets can become competitive within the environment but can rewarding at times

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Expected to hit targets constantly

Values when suits

A company that prides it’s self on values that doesn’t actually live up to them.Work life balance is all wrong and there is a definite blame culture going on

Not the best place to work for by far

Honestly - worst company I have ever worked for. Being a technician you are constantly told you are not good enough, not productive enough etc and they don't care that most of the reasons are outside of your reach like poor internal processes, incompetent or poorly trained front desk or other staff who often will miss or forget part of their duties you have to sort wasting your time. Add constant high level of stress at work 8 hours day. Often expected to do overtime and feel pressured if you cant. Pay is mediocre at best with hardly reachable bonus targets. Seems the only thing they care about is the upsell and VHCs on the cars.. If you find nothing wrong with the car during visual health checks for them to upsell, you get shamed on the board. Career progression and training is virtually non existent, in fact they will slow you down as much as they can so you don't progress and ask for a higher pay moving up the bandings. Workshop itself is extremely dated with a lot of equipment missing or broken that does not get updated. If you ask for a special tool to do the professional repair as per manufacturer instructions don't be surprised there wont be one and you will be told that another technician managed it without one so you don't need it too. No surprise staff retention is poor as a lot of people are leaving or left.

Pros

Cant think of any

Cons

Everything else

Worse place avoid!

Corrupt management! Protect the bullies who drive people away. No staff and expect everything to run the same. Don’t care about the staff they do have and only how much money the company is making. Don’t be fooled by the higher pay from Vertu compared to other dealerships, it’s not worth it!! They preach about work life balance yet it’s non existent. Toxic!!!!

Promise the big dream - get a stressful and unbalanced lifestyle.

A lot of great people in the company, some managers don’t actually care about the staff though which is a shame because that flagship site has great potential. The Vertu core values are in place for a reason but not used to the extent they should be. The company mission statement is not always followed either which can end badly for both staff and consumers. The communication between staff and management is poor and two-faced, staff should never feel out of place in work regardless of their personal situation. The element of care and support is not there, even if asked. The standards can be very high which is a great thing, but standards should be maintained by all responsible and not just a select few members of staff. Don’t promise the big dream and produce a nightmare. It’s all laughs and smiles with each other but truthfully there’s not many happy people within the business.

Mercedes-Benz of Reading - Not a “great place to work”. Very stressful place to work and poor management

Unless you like being tirelessly overworked, want no help from management and enjoy being extremely stressed, look elsewhere. Service and General manager give off the impression that everything is ok and there’s no issues, but the amount of staff leaving and looking at leaving should be a clear indication it’s not a “great place to work”. The workload is relentless, the workload is excessive and we are understaffed to meet the workload. It’s one thing being busy but it is uncontrollable and is a very stressful environment to work in and it’s been like this for at least half a year with no sign of any improvement. You will have a fresh days of work come in plus carry overs from the past few days and you’re just expected to get on with it. This has been brought up multiple times and management just seem to shrug it off and overtime is pushed on you to get the work done. I feel like we are just seen as numbers and figures and as long as everything is in the green there is no issues. When in fact there are and when brought up management shrug it off and we are just meant to get on with it. You cannot make any errors or mistakes, you will always get the blame and treated badly no matter the circumstances especially if the customer has made a complaint. The process is just say your side of things and that’s it, no chance to redeem yourself or defend your case. Even if there’s no proof from either parties you will get the blame. They like to hand out verbal and written warnings. I’ve had hardly any training opportunities to progress, the amount of times I as well as others -

I enjoy my work place

A good company to work with and always looking out for their employees.Management always keeps us updated The company has good core values and encourages their employees to follow at all times.

12 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying your time with the Group!

Poor Managers

Favouritism is rife so hard luck if your face doesn't fit. Management style old fashioned and very poor. Dislike staff talking in offices and to each other elsewhere in building. Will be told to get back to work. Worst couple of years in my employment history! Pay also at lower end of scale for equivalent jobs in other companies.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, poor pay

8 July 2022
Thank you for leaving your feedback. We value all our colleagues, past and present, and are sorry you feel this way. If you wish to get in touch with someone in HR to discuss this further, by all means please contact our Support Centre.

I joined about a year ago and this is by far the best place I have worked. There are lots of opportunities to develop and progress your career and you get a lot of support from Management. My team and the teams in the wider business have all been really supportive with my learning and development and the culture is fun and relaxed yet very fast paced! No two days are the same.

8 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to hear that you're enjoying working in our recruitment team!

Lovely workplace, very nice people, lots of training

I’d never done anything like this before so was quite nervous! The training and support I’ve received has been amazing and I’ve managed to progress through the skill sets quickly. The hours are brilliant and my work/life balance has improved so much. I only do part time, 1 day from home and 2 from the office. The salary is very good as are the benefits.

Pros

Home working Training

8 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying your time with the Group!

Awful place

Would not work for vertu ever again,rather be homeless.management are clueless unless your part of the vertu secret handshake squad...If you have an opinion and can think for yourself you are an outsider.Cut too many corners and have no interest in customer satisfaction.Thank god i left along with the other 30 who left in a twelve month period.Worst place of work ever.....

8 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're sorry to hear you feel this way about your time spent working for the Group. If you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Support Centre.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertu Motors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement