Verve People

Verve People Employee Reviews

Great for part time job

I did this job while being a full-time student. It's great for shifts at interesting places (Concerts, sporting events etc) and you get to meet lots of new people. However all shifts are allocated via an app, and it's first come first serve, so you may go a long time without getting any shifts. It was okay for me as I was only looking for spare cash, but not ideal if you need a regular income.

Pros

Cool venues

Cons

Hard to get shifts

They dont like to pay you

The clients and agency are trying to find excuses to take money off from the hours you work. I arrived at the job with no idea what hours or what job I would be doing. No health and safety such as fire procedures or first aid kit location or where toilets were. No breaks allowed unless you work 8 hrs when you get the minimum 1 x 20 minutes break unpaid.

Pros

Cons

No breaks and docking wages

Irresponsible people, they don't care about the staff they just need people

Do not recommend, its all over the place. They do not care about anything at all. Sometimes you book shifts and they cancel. If anything goes wrong, they wouldn't do anything.

Rude and disrespectful

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS AGENCY!! This is the worst agency I have ever worked for!They have told me one thing and then told me another after 20 minutes into a shift!! I still haven’t been paid from away back In May time and anytime I try to contact them about it they ignore me!!!!Poor management and communication.

Cons

Not a nice place to work at

They treat me wrong, if I had a family emergency, they can't get your shift, or they want to be good at the job right away if it's something new to you.

Pros

Cons

Bad manager, treat me badly, not good life balance

Worst company

Don’t thinking about it, IGNORE THIS COMPANY, bad company, bad management . You have to book shifts and you have to call them every time to approve your shift but this is not the problem. When i was working i was booking every shift from the online platform and then i was calling them again and no one was answering the phone. They were sending me in wrong places to work and they didn’t even pay me correctly.

Will drop you at a moment's notice,

They don't treat you very well that's for sure, provides transport to venues, providing you get to their office.Management will talk about you behind your back and are very cliquey and find ways to either pay you less or incorrectly and simply dismiss you from employment if it suits them.

Pros

Working at festivals

Cons

Cliquey, bad management

Rude

One of the staff was very rude as had family problems still had to attend only good thing was fun for people to earn money for Christmas and good venues

Pros

Good pay weekly

Cons

One staff was rude

Horrible directors / owner

Do not work for Verve as a temp or office staff, the higher management such as Directors are a joke. All they care about is money, they will expect you to work overtime constantly (which you never get paid for) and will blame you for things that you didn't do. If you're looking to be a temp, don't. The company works with clients who are more than happy for you to go and work for them, but will try their best to not pay. This means that the office staff are stuck trying to sort out your money, the client doesn't want to pay and neither does the director/ owner. Resulting in it being dragged out for a long time and the office staff will be to blame and will have to deal with all the complaints. I felt sorry for them seeing so many people go into the office to complain and them trying their best to sort it out. The office staff were also constantly changing so you never knew who you could speak to about an issue, they obviously couldn't retain the staff and it's clear why. As a temp, the only thing I can advise to others is to avoid this place and if you do/ have already signed up to shifts, make sure you're on time and keep a record of everything!

Pros

Management in the office will try their best to help you.

Cons

Long hours, terrible directors / owner

Rubbish company to work for

Jobs are not sorted out quickly calls last minute and rubbish schedule when working no job security or anything just isnt a good company in general so I wouldnt recommend them

Not recommended

They make you work and later find it hard to pay the money that you worked for. I had to beg them before they paid me the money. Not worth it at all! Noo

Pros

Not hard job

Cons

But they take advantage of you

Not a good company to work for.

Works good. Managment is poor. Underpaid three times in four weeks. Manager was okay but poor communication. Company is too big for the work. No dbs checks for university. No one wishes hands. Dirty staff dirty chefs

Students Accommodation

I was working as a Painter and Decorator with group of painters from greater Manchester. Really i was happy to work with like them in Manchester. Enjoiyable.

Pros

Cons

8 hours a day

Disorganised and unprofessional

Boy, do I have an experience to recount! On my first shift, I met workers from another agency who laughed at me, saying Verve is the worst and that I should change agencies. I insisted that my experience could be different. It was not…this starts with the fact that workers from other agencies get paid more for doing the same job on the same shift. Verve pays the absolute minimum. Secondly, they are disorganised, disrespectful of your time and unprofessional. They overbook staff for the same shift then cancel your booking even a day before the shift. This has happened to me at least 3 times. They also make multiple changes to your shift which shows no respect for your time - it may seem insignificant but for many people, including me, a one-hour change matters considerably when you have a busy week. For one shift, they made 5 changes including 3 changes on the day of the shift causing me to constantly adjust my plans for before and after the shift. On another occasion, they changed the start time to an hour earlier, at which point I was no longer available since it conflicted with my prior plans. When I called, I was told that the shift would be cancelled if I couldn’t make it. Shortly after, I applied for a similar shift and called to confirm it; I was asked “Are you sure you can work this shift? Because you cancelled the xyz shift.” I asked “Are you seeing the reason I cancelled?” Clearly, my account was flagged as having cancelled xyz shift yet the reason wasn't there and Verve in turn was using that against me for future shifts. Needless to say, they confirmed me for -

Xx

Great place to work with boss staff however it’s hard work for mini wages for how fast you have to be at a bar but is great for people who just need it for extra cash

Different challenges

Enjoyed going to different locations for work. Would prefer regular shifts due to finical commitments, I have learned to work in a team and in stressful environments. Different environments were one of the hardest parts of the job. I enjpyed working behind the counter and talking to customers.

productive and fun workplace

Working at the Grand National over 3 days serving food, setting up tables and cleaning duties My role here was to build my skills such as team work and communication skills. I learnt to become more independent and also helped raise money for various charities.

Flexible

Hours you can work are completely flexible which is the main appeal of the job. Wages however, are not competitive, and all jobs are practically £6.25 an hour. As an agency it is adequate but it is common word around the area that other agencies such as Rota, pay much higher rates.

Great for students

The management at Verve are great people and are always available to the staff if you need help. When on shift other staff are amazing and supportive. Managers allow the staff to speak there own opinion on certain shifts. Sometimes shifts can be cancelled at the last minute. Overall this is a great job for students

Pros

Great management

Cons

Can Cancel Last Minute

Verve

Verve is a good company to work for but I just tend to think that the wage that they pay just is not enough because it is only 6.25 an hour and that is not certain because you could go into a shift at 6 and supposed to finish at 12 and then your shift might finish at 10 so this means your not getting payed all in full

Bartender

Flexible work, meaning I can pick up shifts around my schedule. I have worked in places like this in the past and they've made it really easy from start to finish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verve People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement