Vestas
Vestas Employee Review

Swings n Roundabouts- Money VS Time -Everyone's got a price

19 May 2014
Long days, job specific- Flexible job roles skill sets- Job rotation, continual learning curve, across different departments. Friendly management with a positive attitude and outlook, to match the companies ethos. Co-workers are like anywhere else you've worked. Hardest part: Time vs Money, Long days, Tight schedules Most enjoyable: Learning, team building, Co-workers, job satisfaction Lean management of processes.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Clean energy;) job flexibility, salary, Holiday entitlement
Cons
health and safety concerns, job security, Landfilled waste
14 September 2018
Same role
Prototype technician (Current Employee) - Blades, UK
on a typical day at work I will work closely with engineers to put concept ideas into practise. recording data and making observations for reports on the trails successes and failings. I'm also responsible for sourcing required materials and having specialist tooling made by external contractors. one of my rolls within the company is that of "training coordinator" in which I have to keep track of the rest of the teams training certification and ensure they are all up to date buy acquiring quotes for courses, booking them when the staff are available to do the course in question. I have to travel a lot with my current position to introduce new products to the production factories around the world.
Pros
free lunch, free health care and dental. great pension scheme.
19 February 2020
Same location
Production Technician (actual position) (Current Employee) - Newport
Fast paced work, everyone is stressed during the 12h shift you do, 4on 4off shifts, 4 days than 4 nights, you never get used to and it's a stressful place
3 November 2019
Research Fellow (Former Employee) - Isle of Wight
Work involved forgetting your expertise and talent and concentrate on stupid management drivel Including; filling out endless competency matrices (the last one was 124 elements long); watching numerous company training videos none of which were appropriate or useful etc etc and attending many other brainwashing exercises.
  1. Swings n Roundabouts- Money VS Time -Everyone's got a price