Vets Now

Vets Now Employee Reviews

Although it was an amazing job there is a lot of sad endings and it can be tough. I started as a receptionist and that was dealing with people at their most vulnerable which was hard going. Then I moved forward onto the ACA Role this was more animal based. There wasn’t very good training for the ACA Role - I should’ve learnt a lot more than I did.
Poor management and poorly run office. No concept of COVID restrictions. It could be a great place to work if they had the correct management team in place . You are not allowed to have any ideas or suggestions!
Pros
On site parking
Cons
Unsociable hours, poor management
Started work here end of last year. You do work unsociable hours days but thats the nature of emergency vets. The company do a lot to look after you with wellness pages and keep you informed of all thats going on. I work with a lovely group of people
Pros
lovely people looked after well
Cons
unsociable hours but to be expected
Busy, on your feet but very rewarding! See many different advanced cases for veterinary nursing able to learn as you go along - by far the most challenging place i worked for but in a positive enviroment. Hardest part of this role is time management and time keeping can become very busy at times with lack of breaks but other nights can have plenty of time to spare. Every night is different its never the same
Pros
Excellent salary package
Cons
Over worked
found Vets Now unhelpful and unsupportive, long hours covering too many practices, high prices charged, gold standard expected for all cases, felt like was working for referral service
I spent nearly 2 years here and the job itself was enjoyable it was just the attitude towards staff less qualified than the nurses and vets which drove me away. ACA's and receptionists aren't appreciated and the work does not match the pay, ACA's were on minimum wage whereas receptionists earned ÂŁ9.50 when the ACAs do the same job and are responsible for the care of the animals and cleaning of the hospital, this made me feel very unappreciated. The attitude of some staff towards the ACA team was not very nice and often made us feel unimportant, I would recommend vets now for nurses and vets but not for anyone that is just starting out in the industry as it has made me lose my love for the job.
Great place to work, has good work/life balance, management are so helpful and accommodating. The role involves answering calls in a contact centre from clients that have a sick or injured pet and needing out of hours emergency care.
Due to the nature of the job it’s mentally exhausting listening to emergency phone calls day in and day out, however the team try to make the best of the working experience by having fun games, competitions etc at different holidays, there is always support if needed. Good benefits, the hours work well around family and studying. Great way to learn a lot if you’re going down the veterinary career route
Pros - Caring for animals. Assisting with various operations. Cons - If your face doesn't fit, You'll know about it. Management doesn't really care about how you're getting on. Pay is ridiculous for what you do. The list is endless, but I wouldn't recommend working here.
Working within the Winchester clinic is brilliant. I’m just approaching a year with the company but it has flown by! The entire clinic team welcomed me from the start and everyone really does work as a team. Out of Hours Veterinary medicine is varied, fast paced and it is so important to be able to think on your own 2 feet in some emergency situations. Winchester are a fab-u-lous team :)
Vets Now provide excellent cpd and career progression is encouraged. I enjoyed working for this company as it allowed me to enhance my skills as an ECC nurse.
Pros
Career progression
Fantastic colleagues, comprehensive online resources, responsive to suggestions and comments, thorough, supportive team who are willing to teach, opportunities for covering shifts district wide.
Pros
Interesting cases, interaction with animals
Cons
poor pay for ACAs
fantastic job and company to work for, supportive team, great atmosphere, learnt new and exciting skills to use elsewhere in the industry. down side was dealing with sad cases and unfortunately in emergency medicine these come with the job.
Pros
great team, supportive management, lots of career progression
Cons
long hours and upsetting cases
Always learning something new. Great opportunities here for education and learning. Supportive staff who are always friendly. Love working here! So much to do and see!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Hard work and busy at times so you must be able to handle it
Always busy, learnt to deal with a larger influx of emergencies. Can be stressful due to skeleton staff. The people I do work with are friendly and helpful.
Having come from a very large corporate environment, Vets Now was a big change for me. Thankfully I can honestly say I've never worked anywhere as collaborative, innovative or inclusive as Vets Now. The company values are obvious in the culture of the organisation, which genuinely loves and cares about pets, its staff and its clients. I feel for the first time that I have a real chance to make my voice heard within my team, to grow and to progress in my development. My job involves getting to know a lot of the strategy for the company's progression future plans and it's a very positive time to be part of such a fast moving industry. The support office is far away from where I live, but I knew that when taking the job and frankly I'm happy to commute as the role and company makes it more than worth it.
Pros
Supportive colleagues, real chances for progression, innovative leadership
Cons
a wonderful company to work for with strong community and wonderful staff. it is out of hours so weekends and nights required but always busy and always enjoyable. i learned many things working here and progressed well over 18 months. if not for childcare arrangements i would have stayed on for longer! managers are lovely, wages are reasonable but lots of responsibility for the animals in our care. highly recommend to any animal lovers or night owls looking for an interesting experience.
Pros
lovely people, shift work, good job satisfaction.
Cons
night work, can be upsetting when animals are hurt or pass away
lovely employers if you dont mind working long hours. management are very supportive and willing to help. great experience would recommend for any newly qualified nurses who want to increase their experience.
Pros
lots of cpd both online and in house training
Cons
long hours sole charge can be very busy
Company was good to work for at the beginning. Over time the company has lost that and has become more and more corporate caring more for the money they make then the service they give. Staff are paid low wages but locums comes in on 6x the hourly rate to fill a shift last minute. Staff are actually leaving in order to become locums so they can earn more money! Management varies clinic by clinic with some who are really supportive and others who do not have a clue. At Southampton clinic the senior staff can be bullying especially to non clinical members of staff. They load more and more of their duties on to receptionists which should actually be done by the vets and nurses and then complain when day to day reception duties are not carried out.
Good complany to work for, flexable and casual. I would definately recommend this company to others. Staff are lovely and helpful. Would go back if hours suited.
Some clinics are nice with friendly staff. Others not so much with a lot of bullying. Head Office are not aware of half the problems within the clinics. Senior staff are promoted with no experience of handle to manage teams. Company relies on a lot of a locums and looks to just fill gaps rather than find people actually suitable for the job which means the care given is not always great as the locums do not have any firm of induction. The receptionists get dumped on a lot and are treated poorly. It's not all bad, if you have a decent team, good work can be achieved.
Pros
With the right team good work is done
Cons
Long hours, bullying colleagues, Low wages
  1. Employee reviews