Vets4Pets
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Vets4Pets Employee Reviews

United Kingdom236 reviews

jvpvetveterinaryanimalpracticepetcpdlovely

Lovely team to work with

Featured review

Vets4Pets selected this as a representative review
Great work life balance. Lovely finance team members.Project was busy and quite challenging but managers were very supportive.Not a long project.Fantastic annual leave and pension

Official response from Vets4Pets

26 March 2021
Reply from - Jason Marshall, Finance Director - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The last year has obviously been very challenging for so many of our colleagues and in so many different ways, so it’s great to hear that your experience is consistent with what we’re trying our very best to achieve. We do want our teams to feel challenged to enhance their own development, but we also know that the best results come with the corresponding support and that includes the ability to work flexibly and ensuring that there is time to focus on your own wellbeing. It’s also great to be part of a happy and engaged team who look out for each other of course. If you’d like to provide further feedback please email me us peopleservices@vets4pets.com.

Awful

Absolutely awful. I worked 40h a week for free as an SVN. I was 31 at the time and never have I felt so low in my life as I did working here. They really do only want the money. I was basically a cleaner when I was supposed to be being trained. Just, do not patron this hole.

Insights into Vets4Pets

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Person bringing dogs in

Overall I think the company is a good company. I worked there for just 14 months, enjoyed the job, was a busy role, can bring your dogs in,which I loved.Good hybrid working and nice team. Though unfortunately they don't seem to treat people leaving well. I know from experience and some other ex work colleagues. I would personally avoid that area/team in Swindon

Pros

Able to bring dogs in

Cons

No proper canteen

Overworked and understaffed

Treated badly by management, over worked and under staffed. Ruined confidence and gave no support to struggling staff members as ‘everyone is replaceable’

Every hour is different

It's not just cuddling puppies and kittens (but you do!) It's hard work and can be distressing at times but there's always a colleague to lend a helping hand and support.

Pros

Excellent camaraderie

Cons

Sad at times

No option to not rate

Just dont, unless you want to be paid less than living wage, not trained in how the practice works, not treated with respect by the JVP or managment. No suport from manger when clients are angry at you, if the client pays its ok.

All the same

They’re all clones of each other. I don’t know a single employee that can say they’re truly happy at a Vets4pets. The day to day team isn’t the problem. Management is. Vets4pets managers/area/managers/corporate office basically sit on their pedestals and make ridiculous demands of the staff on the frontline. 99% of them have never worked in one of their own practices so have no idea how they work/how they can work better, yet expect ridiculous targets and set deadlines and tasks designed to do nothing but cause stress, anger and upset upon their staff, and cause customers to then take it out on staff.

Was a nice learning experience

I was here for school work experience for 2 weeks and I enjoyed all of it there isn’t much else to talk about all I did was assist the veterinarians and cleaned the surgery facilities and tools.

Avoid if you want to keep your sanity

Vets4Pets have a toxic management culture, employing managers with 0 experience which in turn burn absolutely all their clinical employees into the ground. High staff turn over, poor ( if none) employee benefits, senior management are terrible at supporting colleagues. AVOID

Pros

Cons

The company as a whole

franchise business

v4p is a franchise business, like subway, people can buy a vet4pets and manage it themselves, i think the term is umbrella franchise? so depending on where you work its different everywhere. the clinic i worked was a nice small clinic, all staff got on like a family it was really nice, I loved it but management (that was never in the clinic) was always an issue, constantly understaffed and expected to do more from the receptionists to the nurses.

Pros

staff discount

Fully supportive team

Newcastle vets4pets is a great place to work. The team is so supportive of each other and everyone genuinely cares about your welfare. If you have any questions the management are very approachable and the rest of the team are always there to help. We have good work/social balance and I feel like everyone is treated as a valued member of the practice regardless of their role or experience level. Would definitely reccomened working at this practice.

Unless your management they don’t care

Worked for company for 8 years, felt disposable. But then was made to feel like I was a rubbish nurse just so I was scared to leave. No progression. And don’t look after there staff that have worked for them for 5 years + No loyalty or benefits

Really enjoyed the cca job

Wasn't trained as promised, expected to do tasks I hadn't been trained in, made me look and feel stupid. The vets4pets would have been a great place to work if I'd of had the training as promised

stressful, undrvalued

Long 11 hour shifts, management did average 9-5's. depending on the practice, depends if you will enjoy it. stressful days when understaffed. took favouritism over certain staff members. constantly doing overtime, no thank you. left to do senior jobs on a minimum wage job. constantly expected to do the jobs of the managers. clients complaining, managers refused to deal with it. ended up as practice manager, debt collecter etc. loved the team i worked with. job satisfaction does depend on who you work under.

Best job ever!

Such a lovely place to work! Everyone is so helpful and it’s a great team to be a part of. The nurses and vets are so caring and always give the best advice and care. Fast paced and exciting place to work!

Horrible management team

If you get the slightest thing wrong the management team will make your life miserable for it at the earliest opportunity. There is no support, no trust, and nothing you do will ever be good enough. 12 hour shifts, unhappy/underpaid/overworked staff. It’s wonderful working with animals- but I would recommend finding any other vets to work for.

Never again!

Unfortunately I don’t have much good to say about working here.Absolutely the most toxic work environment I have ever worked in.Nepotism is rife amongst the managers within this company so should you have a complaint, you’ll only be painting a target against your back for the clique to try and bully you out and brush your concerns under the carpet. Management hide from problems behind a closed office door all day, or worse, I’ve had managers shouting and pointing in my face- completely unprofessional!I am a resilient individual but this took a toll on my mental health daily.This will absolutely not be taken seriously.Standards are dropping with CCA’s due to an unreasonable workload- CCA’s are stretched as thinly as possible- resulting in more customer complaints and a high staff turnover. CCA’s are essentially treated as the workplace scapegoats with many issues being blamed on them.Everyone is burnt out and exhausted, this is completely thankless and is ‘the norm’.Training is very minimal, personally I was expected to take calls and somehow have all the answers on day two. You’ll be flung in the deep end and expected to sink or swim.Pay given absolutely does not equate to the work undertaken and felt extremely undervalued as a colleague working here.

If you value your mental health and want career satisfaction, don't work here!

This was a brand new, state of the art, shiney veterinary practice. Everything was custom built for the practice needs and I got to help build something from the ground up. I was excited to work here, I loved my colleagues and I was passionate about helping to make a new business succeed. It was a rewarding challenge to show new clients and potential new clients, that we weren't a "faceless corporate company" and that we were infact owned and run by a well respected vet, that had a good reputation amongst the local population. I put a lot of time and effort (unpaid) into practice events, going to open days and fun days to promote the practice. I didn't mind doing this, as I thought I was going to build my career here. Everything in the beginning was great. We were a small team, that got along well. The pay was poor, but we were promised pay increases and career progression as the practice grew.6 months into the business, that's where things started to go wrong and the cracks started to show. It started with "can you not put that extra 15 mins on to your time sheet!?" (This was almost an every day occurrence, add all of that up over my 2 year stint here), to making little off hand catty comments to staff. Things got progressively worse. The JVP was a fantastic vet, but he had no people or managments skills. On a good day, you would get the occasional grunt of "good morning", as he would slam the office door shut or at the worst - full on swearing and shouting at you. I continued on like this for just over 2 years, until I was burnt out and hated my job. Never once -

Unfair

Overworked and treated unfairly with long hours and only half an hour for dinner. Came home shattered every day. Care more for money and appearances than staff and animals. Ew

Companion Care Vets Hemel Hempstead

Each veterinary surgery is autonomous, therefore if you have a great manager then it is a great place to work. This is the case at Hemel Hempstead and we all work great as a team and support each other. I am part-time and the hours provide a great work- life balance. There is a good salary and I get to use my nursing skills to their full potential. Would recommend.

Overworked poorly paid

Worked across 3 different branches - JVPS all hide from problems and conflict. Always stuck there past closing time due to vets falling behind and then expected in at 8am the next day, no support or recognition. Work culture is poor health care assistants and customer care are treated poorly left to pick up the slack in vets and managements errors. Bullying in the work place is not resolved instead you are pushed out with no real support or resolution even regionals do not respond to issues instead you are pushed from pillar to post. Minimum wage 10+ hour days including weekends, high staff turn over.

Pros

Discounted vet care for your pets

Cons

Long hours, poor management, bullying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vets4Pets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement