Victoria's Secret
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

United Kingdom253 reviews

Found 253 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,968 reviews

Difficult if you are not prepared to work hard!!

My time at victoria’s secret was overall positive. The management will put pressure on you to keep the floor to a high standard and to achieve targets however this is normal for any well run business. Do not apply here if you are not prepared to work hard !! If you do your job the management will like you it’s as simple as that. If you stand around and chat of course the management will be annoyed? There were difficult days that were stressful however Victoria’s secret equips you with transferable skills and selling/sales skills that personally has given me a boost into my career.

Pros

good discount, nice people to work with, flexible

Cons

long hours, lazy staff

Worst place I’ve worked (don’t do it to your self)

Worst place I’ve worked. I have never felt so new in my life, run by awful management. You get treated like your in school aren’t allowed to do anything not allowed a bottle of water on you or your phone on you(etc) and all their bothered about it sales and not the actual staff, Everyone speaks down to you. 9 hour shifts felt like full days because no one talks to you or bothers with you and if they do it was always in a rude manner. Cried every whilst working here, wouldn’t recommend to anyone.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Working at Victoria secret liverpool one

Insights into Victoria's Secret

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and fun workplace!

The employees at Victorias Secret are always so helpful and they help you through the hiring process all the way. All the girls that work there are lovely, teamwork is essential when working in a fast pace environment. Would really recommend to a friend!

Worst workplace and poor management

This workplace has caused me nothing but stress and mental health problems. I have been underpaid many times and still have not received any payments owed to me. Management is also not good and lacked effort on scheduling our hours of the week. The worst job I have ever had.

Be wary

It’s really a shame how badly this company has went downhill, used to be a lovely place to work but management are clearly far too stressed and it trickles down into the team, and staff end up being treated horribly and unfairly. Bully is a strong word - but genuinely could be used to describe some managers in VS. All the sales associates are absolute angels though.

Good pay but poor working environment

I very much enjoyed interacting with customers as I had the opportunity to provide personal service and build many skills. However, within the time of working at the Leeds store I was always underpaid, there was such a lack of team morale and incentives, little to no recognition for hard work and the hours can be demanding (early morning starts and overnight). You're also required to complete bra fittings, but in terms of training there was hardly any. Overall, the management was good; they were accommodating and polite. Although there was some unprofessionalism at times and there was a lot of gossiping.

Pros

Accommodating needs, Friendly team, Good pay, Opportunity for skill growth

Cons

Long hours, Hardly any incentives, Unethical management at times, Pay always incorrect

Good pay however the management team do look down on you

The pay and work-life balance was great. Shifts were flexible and there were hours to pick up if you wanted to. The only downside was management could seriously look down on you along with other staff member that had been there for longer. In addition you didn’t get trained very well and we’re just sent out on the floor to do your job, which if you did wrong you would get told off for.

Pros

Good pay, flexible shifts

Cons

Working peers can be rude

Management are bullies

Not allowed to request days off, holiday requests constantly rejected, expected to go above and beyond for little to no recognition, constant gossiping from the managers who have no respect for their employees. Treated so bad that a lot of us quit after becoming so depressed from it all. HR forward all emails directly to the store manager rather than helping. Some employees were underpaid for at least a year and didn't get it back. The only good thing about the job was the other sales associates who were all lovely.

Going down hill

Before their administration, VS was a really fun and exciting place to work, now it’s hot garbage. incompetent and stressed out management that project their stress into the employees, non stop drama including drama with managers and associates, non stop gossiping, non stop complaining, extremely low moral, long hours with very little added benefits (which they used to have loads of benefits for staff) very little training and you’re just thrown in the deep end. i worked there for years and luckily had the good training when i started but those new girls were just put on the shop floor with nothing no help given to them. associates are expected to train other associates rather than the supervisor or managers setting up proper onboarding. staff turn over is crazy, new staff coming and staff leaving basically every week because of how toxic the work environment is, the managers not all but a couple have very little emotional intelligence and sometimes come off very cold and standoffish. All in all a headache that i hated at the end. also nearly zero progression even for girls who were there for 4+ years.

Very productive and fast paced.

Fast paced environment, especially on half terms or when it is sale period. Shifts are 8hours plus an hour for lunch. Roles include a range of different responsibilities.

An ok job role

I worked here for around 2 years in Leeds. I started as a temp and eventually became permanent after 2 months. Pros - Everyone was female aged around 17-35 it’s a great place to make new friends and there’s genuinely nice people to work with.Pre Pandemic we used to get Gratis (Free items) every month from full bra sets to perfumes.If you focus on being a seller there is chance for career progression.The majority of being a sales associate is selling on the shop floor, being on the tills, tidying the store, tagging items in the back and stock related jobs in the stockroom. So it’s a fairly easy job. Cons -The management. When writing this I’m aware several of the previous managers have left however some are still at the Leeds store. The managers like to play favourites and the clear miscommunication between management and associates is one of the main reasons I left VS. The brand managers like to give the jobs they are supposed to be doing themselves, for the associates to do and like to hide in their office instead of being on the shop floor. Associates are told we can only bring water upstairs onto the shop floor to drink throughout the shift, whilst they bring in iced lattes and smoothies etc and parade around. The management mainly just care about numbers, they each have their own ‘section’ of the day e.g 2pm-4pm and in that time the associates sales are supposed to surpass the number of sales from the previous year. So the associates put in all the hard work up selling items to reach the target, yet the manager of that section will take all the credit and get a -

Pros

Good work colleagues

Cons

Night shifts 9pm-6am/10pm-7am

Toxic environment

It’s a very toxic environment and the managers are horrible especially one called Faith. The staff makes you feel like it’s a family but after a couple of weeks, you realize it’s all fake love.

Really nice job but management are rude

Worked here and enjoyed it job wise and the staff were lovely. However the management were rude and didn’t care about you at all. You were also worked to the bone

Pros

Staff discount, free products

Cons

Long hours. Bad management

Busy environment

Fast paced work environment, slightly stressful, decent wage and benefits. Long hours but useful around the festive period. Good management, overall okay.

The worst job ever! Poor management, rubbish pay, unhygienic workplace. Do not recommend!!

This is honestly one of the worst jobs that anyone has to offer. This company is just name nothing more. Management is just horrible! every single person that i met when i first started left the company in the three months i was there. The training they provide specifically says that they should not expect that we know everything on the first week but they do! And they do not have patience for you if you are still learning. IT IS AN UNHYGIENIC WORKPLACE! You would think that with COVID they would put in extra precautions to keep the staff safe but they didn’t. They forced us to to bra measurements to sweaty, dirty customers who had been walking all day up and down oxford street. They do not pay enough for everything that they require of us.

Pros

no pros about working at victoria’s secret

Cons

30 mins break

Lovely place to work :)

Definitely recommend if your looking into customer service work :)) Lovely managers, understanding. Beautiful place to work with hard working staff. Fair lunch breaks :)

Pros

Good lunches, understanding managers, friendly co workers. Hard work appreciation :)

Cons

Long hours :)

It was honestly awful. Very toxic and depressing. Zero diversity in staff and absolutely draining. The management don’t care about your development…..

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Cons

Everything about it is a con, hiring people should be illegal for them to be honest

Don’t do it to yourself

I worked in VS Westfield White City for 2 months and it was one of the most stressful period of my life, thanks to that job. Starting with an interview - a group interview, which I wasn’t aware of. Out of 14 or 16 candidates only 3 of us got hired, and as I found out later - only because we were pretty. I was told I need to look perfect every day, hair and makeup done. The job itself is extremely stressful, you’re not only on your feet all day but also need to speak to every single customer in the store, follow and harass them to buy more. Which is annoying to both sales associates and customers. Managers have their favourites and if you’re not one of them you’re getting scolded for no reason. Supervisors also act really badly towards some associates, no matter how hard you work you’re never going to get recognition. The pay is very low, the only good thing is that once a month you can take few selected items for free. I was very excited for this job but it left me feeling sick of stress every time I was on the train to work. I left after 2 months because I just wasn’t able to deal with the stress

Pros

You get few selected items for free once a month

Cons

On your feet all day Stressful Bad treatment from managers and supervisors Low pay

Worst job ever

The worst management I have ever experienced in my life I wouldn’t recommend this to my worst enemy even. They do not care about you at ALL all they want is money at the end of the day and don’t have any care in the world for their employees. It is horrible. Workplace culture is horrible. I did not gain or learn anything from being here. Management are very childish and it is impossible to book holidays or get any days off for important events. Shifts are very long and exhausting and breaks are way too short. Glad I left as quick as I could. Pay is not worth it either. I hope this store closes down and company goes bankrupt

Pros

Cons

Worst management. Worst hours.

Toxic, horrible environment

Most disgusting company I have ever worked for. I would give 0 stars if I could. Management are rude and childish and very gossipy, the environment is very toxic and I left every shift with aching feet and a headache. The shifts are ridiculously long and you are constantly being given over time/ extra hours which you never applied for outside of your contract. Almost all the staff is new because everyone is quitting. And the pay is not worth it at all, I would rather be broke. Disgusting environment I will never shop there as a customer and will tell all my friends and family to do so too. The hardest part of the job is everything and nothing was enjoyable. The culture is toxic and the store is just a mess.

Awful place to work

The girls I worked with on the floor were sooo nice and lovely, but the management was terrible, they don’t care about your personal life or your availability. If you want to work somewhere that’ll make you depressed and exhausted beyond belief then this is the one for you! They’ll give these little speeches in the morning about how we have to basically harass a customer to get their bra size measured and get them to remember our name. Not to mention the culture is terrible. We got told that if people LOOK like they can’t afford something (and trust me they talked about race) to call security. They’ll make fun of you and your appearance and just generally are rude. All they care about is how the brand looks and the amount of money they make, they don’t care AT ALL about their employees whatsoever. Wouldn’t recommend this job to my worst enemy honestly. Also they’ll lie to you and say you’re guaranteed a pay rise after three months.. they denied ever saying that even though they promised a lot of us.

Pros

1 hour lunch, decent pay

Cons

terrible management, depressing work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement