Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Not the best place I've worked in. Although some customers and colleagues made the work fun and enjoyable, it was unbearable majority of the time. As a seasonal temp I was pushed into the deep end w/o any formal training and product knowledge. After a month you pick things up but it didn't make things any better. I was constantly placed in the same section which made each shift boring and unbearably long, I wasn't given a variety of work to do, and I didn't even get to work on the tills. The management however was really nice, supportive, and accommodated hours to my availability but it would never have been enough to continue working here. If you have any mental health conditions I do not recommend working as VS.
Pros
Interaction with customers and support from colleagues
Cons
Everything else
The work is stressful but it Is amazing! Colleagues are fun and we can all relate. everyone got on together. Competitive to when it comes to sales. Different, more comfortable environment
I was over the moon to get to be invited to work at the flagship store on Bond St in London’s West End. The store is stunning and I felt proud to work there. But the problems began from the day I started. Managers and floor leaders were kept quitting suddenly putting other staff in charge who were not qualified in managing, resulting in not receiving the proper training. There was so much to learn and it was expected of you to know it all immediately. There was constantly bullying and telling off and you are made to feel dumb or inadequate, to the point where you break and are constantly upset . The shifts can be scheduled morning, noon or night I was getting home midnight sometimes. So be prepared for all hours. As gorgeous as the store is I decided to leave after 4 months. No job is worth that much misery.
Pros
Beautiful store and products
Cons
Militant
I only worked here as a temp but actually got my contract ended earlier than I thought without any notice, so I was a bit taken back as I then had no income.Most of the staff members were friendly but also it is very cliquey which I didn't get along with. you have to wear an ear piece so you tend to get nagged quite a lot to do tasks in your ear, so was quite stressful.
Pros
very good pay and good discount
Cons
stressful environment
You will learn to go above and beyond in your role.The culture is unsettling.Management and team is yet to understand the power of owning their role.
Pros
Freebies every month
Cons
Pretty boring, You do the same things every day for 8 hrs.Cancelled shifts, reduced hours, sometimes they send you home in the middle of your shift, so,if you calculate how much you get in the end of the month its always gonna be less.Staff is really nice and friendly (almost everyone)Manager(s) are only care about the daily targets ,sometimes they can be rude, controlling especially one of them.It can be fun and it can be terrible.
Pros
discounts, experience in retail, dress code is nice
Cons
no fixed shifts, reduced\cancelled shifts, bad management
This company was brilliant last year— so many employee benefits! The dress code is great, just dress in all black (smart, no trainers obviously). But they cared very little for their staff during the pandemic and HR handled everything terribly. The management in store are wonderful and you can’t fault them, but the company in itself couldn’t care less about their staff. You are put in for hours you can’t work even after giving your availability (e.g. forcing students to work 40 hours, not caring about their other priorities). Customers are rude. You have to have thick skin to work here
Pros
Discount, management, lovely team
Cons
Ridiculous hours, next are getting rid of discount, rude customers, not covid safe
Staff retention very poor, never seen so many managers out the back door so quickly, to much pressure, no adequate training or development, high expectations, all out for themselves and do not work as a team and support as a team aiming for the same goals. New staff used until with a bigger plan always in place, value and retention not important in this company..
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Averahe pay, stress, pressure on target's, long hrs, minimal breaks, no feeling of care towards staff
It was a fast paced environment which I liked always on target and had good brand image which is essential in a job hit sales targets and it felt good the atmosphere was really good
The atmosphere is very pleasant, enjoyed working at a clean and fancy place, the shifts were greatly managed and the colleagues were very helpful and kind. The hardest part was dealing with some rude and stressed-out managers, and also working during sales was exhausting. The best part was dealing with amazing customers who love Victoria's Secret just as I do and feeling helpful for suggesting the right products. Overall I enjoyed it a lot, I left the job just because I had to change country because I would have loved to keep that job.
Pros
Discounts and free items
Cons
Stressed-out managers
Harcelement de la direction et de certains vendeurs "seniors"
Pros
Aucun
Its a great place to work with great pay and great advantages of goodies. You get a lot of advantages as a employee team is supportive and very much helpful even without any experience
It was a very fast paced environment and a very busy store. During the holidays it can get very stressful and standing about and talking was not an option but management was still very nice.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
I worked there for three months before deciding i had enough. The management there are OBSESSED and driven by image. They don’t have a uniform and you are expected to wear black (fair enough) but if you’re too covered up (ie not showing enough boobs or leg on show) then expect to be hauled into the office for a “chat”. They
Pros
Nice brand
Cons
Small minded management and rubbish discount
This job is perfect who love a challenge and competition. Multi silliness helps in fashion world. Is a bit like leap of faith and how to dressed to success. Your personal testimony help you to build your shop experience. Work as a personal advisor to customer are nice and tough same way. You have to like it.
Pros
attractive staff discount
Cons
Stressful environment
Friendly environment, with flexible shifts and good teammates. There is a lot of goals to meet and selling to customers on the floor, as well as learning to fit bras. I have worked there for four years and had no opportunities for progression / advancement within the company. Overall I've had a good experience working here.
I worked as a Christmas temp twice and I loved the company so much I went back for a second time. big mistake management had completely changed, were rude and obnoxious. no respect whatsoever given and were treated like slaves. the pay was decent for night shift but not worth the treatment. the regulars would slack and sit around while the seasonals done all the work and wouldn't even let you take a min to relax. no balance at all when on shift they would basically forget to give you a break and just come over to basically shout and be horrible even in front of customers. honestly never in my life did I feel like sht during a shift I just left and never came back to finish my contract.
Pros
1 hour break, okay pay
Cons
everything else
Working for victoria secrets is great for a statement however behind the doors isn’t that great. My experience there isn’t a work and home life balance at all, the selling side is awful pressuring customers to buy things and if you don’t get your hourly requirement the stress is awful. The good thing was the pay and the other members of the team were really friendly and everyone is helpful. People are always focused on the negatives never positives.
It was good to work there during uni, however it was mostly very stressful and boring working there. The managers are racist mistaking black girls with the other but never once mixing the many blonde girls there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No work/life balance, they really don’t care about you
I loved working there. The staff were amazing, very welcoming considering all female work-place. Good company benefits and educational side of world. Dive deep into selling techniques which I have found very useful in my career and life outside of work. Very grateful for all opportunities received from this company.
This was a very high intense environment very fast paced being pulled from every angle with little to no support. My role was pretty much self taught with no one able to support or teach me the role
  1. Employee reviews