Vida Healthcare Ltd

Vida Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews

I worked nights at Vida grange, not all units were open then. You will meet people of most nationalities here. The work is hard and stressful as working with variable stages of dementia. Good training was given, always striving to be better. Good sized units, good sized resident rooms, well laid out. Timed on answering call bells. Management constantly check staff on units, almost nightly. Pay is enhanced for working weekends.
Pros
Great staffing area, support given if needed. Good staff
Cons
Long hours, hard work, short staffed, reliant on agency. Training can be given after working night shift.
Vida are supportive and nurturing, with great team work and comprehensive training available through their training department. Outside training courses are also supported.
Pros
Great team working
Cons
Pay rates could be better
Purpose of position  To ensure a clean and orderly kitchen by through cleaning of equipment and facilities and conforming to proper sanitation and infection control standards  To support the head chef and assisistant and assistant cook in the effective operation of the kitchen  Principal responsibilities  In this job my tasks are to  Cleaning dishes quickly and tidily and operation of the dishwashing equipment plus manual washing of crockery,pot,pans and equipment when required  Sweeping and mopping kitchen floors,washing worktables and walls always ensuring that the highest standards of hygiene are maintained  Deep cleaning of refrigrators,oven and other essential equipment in line with schedules Empytying and cleaning of rubbish bins  Assisting with the provision of refreshments to residents plus clearing used crockery quickly and tidily.
Vida hall is by far the worst place I have ever worked. The communication from the management is shocking. Leaving notes in the staff room as one of their main forms of communication. The management don’t manage, they dictate and are not to be trusted. The way I was spoken to whilst I was there by staff and management was unbelievable. It made me feel worthless. The carers are brilliant and deserve to be paid more than they are on now.
Really friendly, flexible and dedicated. Nice doctors, good working hours if you need part time. 6 different sites with 3 to cover in kings Lynn. I like the change of scenery working at all 3.
There are never enough staff and we are continually fire fighting. Being NHS funding is always being cut so there are not enough staff to run properly particularly in holiday periods and when sickness occurs
Vida Healthcare is one big family. Support is on hand and everyone helps one another. Great company to work for and I am honestly proud to be a member of the Vida family. Highly recommend.
Pros
Support, Ongoing Training, Career Growth
Terrible sickness record with nursing staff. Management are to reactive rather than proactive. Communication is very poor. Management rely too much on the goodwill of the staff.
Pros
Local for me
Cons
All about Employer rather than employee
Hard work daily with challenging patients. Kept you on your toes when providing a good service.