Viewber

Viewber Employee Reviews

Casual work to suit an individual

Good job to fit in between life/ other commitments . Self employed basis , using own vehicle , no expenses paid , so often not cost effective with salary paid . Depends on the area but a lot of appointments that come up are already taken , so not as much opportunity to work .

Pros

Flexible to suit you

Cons

Often the travel time, diesel cost etc out weighs the wage paid

Great as a part time job

This is a great job part time.The jobs that come into your inbox are quickly snapped up by other viewbers.Lovely job - just not enough jobs to leave full time work. I would if there were more jobs coming in

Pros

Great company to work for - very efficent

Cons

not enough jobs to go full time

Vad company to work with and poor service

You are likely to be abuse by their clients and the company won't give hoot. Poor managers and pay.They are too concern with the returns but nothing to show the front line workers are taken care of.I am an investor and a viewber too so I have seen both ends it's not good service

Mix of good and bad

I worked for Viewber for over a year and enjoyed some parts of the job (you could make a little bit of money when a key-holding position came in). Other aspects were a bit grim and low paid (as travel or parking are not taken into consideration). Sometimes you're having to visit/host at the worst properties on the market, trying to open impossible to open doors or shutters, also doing viewings at auction properties that can be hazardous or uncomfortably creepy and the properties you are assigned to are mostly at the lower-end of the market (DO NOT expect glamour). It can be busy one week and then for weeks you might not get anything, so you can't rely upon any level of consistency or income. It's OK if you're sitting at home doing nothing and have few commitments - just don't rely upon it as a regular source of income.

Pros

Variety

Cons

It's very bitty

6 July 2021
Thank you for your review, Viewber Members are self-employed, and we believe we make it very clear throughout our onboarding Membership application process that there is no guarantee of assignments being offered. We are working hard to find alternatives to the fastest finger first solution, and we look forward to sharing further updates in the months to come. We very much hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Stressful, unorganised and low paid

My time at Viewber was brief. Mainly because I was unfairly told that they no longer needed me to work for them. This was because I was unable to work the amount of shifts they wanted me to, even though I had been taken on as a freelancer and was able to choose the shifts and hours each week that suited me. An incredibly disorganised company with incompetent and unprofessional Managers who are just looking out for themselves. Expected a lot from you for very poor pay. Avoid!!

Cons

Poor pay and useless managers

20 May 2021
Thank you for your feedback, we have not taken on or required freelancers since 2019, so we are most surprised to see this review now some two to three years later. You are correct freelancer can decline shifts offered to them, however all freelancers were made aware that they were required to work at least one shift each week, to keep their knowledge of the role up to date along with knowledge of the systems. As you have not provided any clear facts regarding our incompetent and unprofessional managers, we are taking this comment as being unfounded and unjustified along with the comments about Viewber being a disorganised company. But thank you again for your review.

Great idea, saturated with viewbers

Super idea, I've done a couple of assignments but that's all I've had in nearly a year. You need a fast finger and constantly monitoring emails. An assignment is offered and gone in a flash. Alright for some extra spence but not a serious job.

Pros

Nice idea

Cons

Youll get a handful of assignments and nothing more

11 May 2021

Amazing Company!

I can’t say enough about this company, the are amazingly supportive. They have adaptive with my personal circumstances throughout the time I have worked for them. They are always on hand if you need anything!

Pros

Amazing opportunities, super management, chance to learn new things

Cons

Innovative, warm and welcoming company

I joined the company recently and I found it very innovative with a very professional, friendly and welcoming staff.My team is offering support when needed and also good training for new starters, offering a relaxed and productive working environment.

Never a dull day!

There is never a dull day when working for Viewber, which makes it an interesting and fun place to work. Management listen to what you have to say and work with you to make things better. As a new start up things are changing all the time. Although its home based you never feel like your working on your own its all one big team

Job of my dreams at a great company!

I have been working at Viewber full-time for less than a year and I can confidently say that I am proud to work there. The company provides regular communication, listens to and considers new ideas, and continually encourages growth. I really enjoy working in a great collaborative team with a positive attitude!

Pros

An amazing team, opportunity to work remotely, use and learn new technologies

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Viewber?

Exciting development team.

As a recent addition to the team, I am thrilled with my new role. Viewber is completely home-based which ( as any developer will know ) is something that tech companies have needed to adopt for a long time. Working from home is a huge plus, allowing a diverse team from all around the UK to work together remotely. Being able to source developers from around the UK is probably the reason why Viewber has managed to gather together an exceptionally gifted development team. Being able to learn from the people around me is something that I deeply value & at Viewber i have a lot to learn. Viewber is a young company but has a level of maturity seen in larger & older companies.

Pros

Remote working & freedom to self-manage.

Not much work

Rates were better when I joined. Plus travel but now they pay a flat rate per 30 min appt. Not many apps in my area. OK for a bit of pocket money nothing else.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not much work

10 February 2021
Thank you for reviewing Viewber as a self-employed Viewber Member. Just to be clear for readers of our reviews, we do not offer full-time, part-time or any type of guarantee of hours/volumes of assignments to our Viewber Members. Viewber Members are self-employed, and we believe we make it very clear throughout our onboarding Membership application process that there is no guarantee of assignments being offered. The reviewer is correct insofar as we don't pay mileage or parking (these are expenses of being self-employed and should be dealt with via HMRC). Viewber Members are offered appointments ranging from 30 minutes to 8.5 hours and the fee payable for each appointment is shown in advance. We very much hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

You feel under valued and under appreciated

I had high hopes for this work and the managers are lovely. But the work is very sparse and they keep advertising for staff in your area so it never ever builds up. It’s fastest finger first so you can go weeks without getting any work especially when new ones start and grab all the work. Then they presumably get fed up and leave and you start picking up the odd appointment again but then they start advertising in your area again.They should pay mileage it’s ridiculous that they won’t. They only pay £18 per appointment and you have to pay your own petrol out of that. If it’s key collection or key drop off it’s even less than that, about £8 I think from memory.

Pros

Nice managers, polite warm and professional

Cons

Very poor pay, very little work and you have to fight for what you get. You’re lucky if you get £100 per month.

9 February 2021
Thank you for your review. Just to be clear for readers of our reviews, we do not offer full-time, part-time or any type of guarantee of hours/volumes of assignments to our Viewber Members. Viewber Members are self-employed, and we believe we make it very clear throughout our onboarding Membership application process that there is no guarantee of assignments being offered. Being a start-up, there is the constant issue of having enough self-employed Viewber Members in place to cover prospective demand and they have the right to refuse offers of work or may simply not be available at the times requested by our Clients. We very much hope this clears up any misunderstanding

Poor experience for agents

For those looking for something causal, around 5-10 hours per month, Viewber works well. However, their attitude and approach to agents is really poor. While clients are gold dust, they treat the 'Viewbers' worse than Deliveroo riders. I was treated with huge disrespect after one viewing went wrong due to a communication mix-up. I did around a hundred viewings for Viewber and I would say that at least 50% had some problem - instructions being wrong/confused, the keys being incorrect (or insufficient) or the viewer being given bad information. Sometimes the KeyNest codes are wrong, the address has an issue or the viewer has cancelled (and no notification been given). Viewber could be a great company - but it just doesn't accept its own problems.

Cons

Bad experience as an agent

Fun place

Good company to work for absolutely spot on when it comes to work. I could carry on until I am 80 with viewber. The main and brilliant thing is you can work around your lifestyle to work here.

Pros

Yep

Cons

Nope

Enjoying it

I enjoy working for Viewber, you are left to your own devices but get support if needed. They send you lots of information about the role regularly and safety is a priority to them.

Pros

Pick and choose appointments

Cons

A half hour viewing can take a lot longer.

Very Good Company

Very good company to work for and make extra money. I would highly recommend it as it has professional managers who direct to do successful viewing. For those who looking to earn some experience in real estate I would say it is a good start.

Best kept secret

I have worked for Viewber for 18 months and after the initial frustration of fastest finger first and missing appointments, my work opportunities slowly began to build up to the point when I became a key holder (guaranteed viewings). I’m in the north of England and as a guide can make around £150 a week without too much trouble. It all depends on how many Viewber’s are on your patch and ready to hit that email response! I’m so relaxed about it that I’ve introduced my partner to Viewber and she is doing one as I write this review! It’s not like working for a living, it’s actually something to do to fill your time (assuming you have time to spare) and yes I’ve seen all the complaints about £20 reducing to £18 and removal of mileage payments, but I went through all that and it’s still worth it. Viewber is an innovative company with a great support team always ready to respond and I like it! I’ve actually just accepted a job whilst writing this review, £18 for driving a couple of miles and half an hour out of your day - brilliant!

Pros

Total flexibility

Cons

Good work to do on the side

Working at Viewber as its benefits it’s definitely more suited for someone that has a full-time job and does this on the side. It would be great to be able to do it on a full-time basis but the downside is that they don’t have enough work. It’s good pay for what you have to do though. I highly recommend it.

Worse and getting worse

Started off reasonably, then, as others have said, lower and lower pay. More admin expectation. They have flooded areas with 'viewbers, so apart from poorly paid, there is a mad scramble to get any sort of work, which as a result is sparse. Agents using them don't realize that as the face of the client, a viewber can make or break a viewing, but pay no way reflects that. Still cheap is cheap.

9 February 2021
Thank you for your review. Just to be clear for readers of our reviews, we do not offer full-time, part-time or any type of guarantee of hours/volumes of assignments to our Viewber Members. Viewber Members are self-employed, and we believe we make it very clear throughout our onboarding Membership application process that there is no guarantee of assignments being offered. Being a start-up, there is the constant issue of having enough self-employed Viewber Members in place to cover prospective demand and they have the right to refuse offers of work or may simply not be available at the times requested by our Clients. We are working hard to find alternatives to the fastest finger first solution, and we look forward to sharing further updates in the months to come. We very much hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Avoid avoid avoid

What a terrible company. The pay is Poor. The management is shockingly bad. They expect you to work as an estate agent even though you are categorically told you or not. They penalised you if you don’t ask estate agent style questions. (Although this is not in their handbook of instructions). The job should be simple. You meet and greet prospective buyers open the door and allow them to look around the property then secure the property and report back to viewber that it’s been done. Except expect you to write an essay about each visit even if there was nothing to mention. They are obviously overselling what they can do to their potential clients (online estate agents). The managers that they have in the head office are obviously incredibly incompetent and very bad at managing people. For the most people that work for Viewber it’s fairly rare that they get any work from them perhaps once or twice per month if you’re lucky. They don’t pay any travel mileage. And they often change the amounts that they will pay you. Avoid avoid avoid.

Pros

Meet good people and if you like property it’s great.

Cons

Poorly run poorly paid difficult to get any jobs.

9 February 2021
Thank you for reviewing Viewber as a self-employed Viewber Member. Just to be clear for readers of our reviews, we do not offer full-time, part-time or any type of guarantee of hours/volumes of assignments to our Viewber Members. Viewber Members are self-employed, and we believe we make it very clear throughout our onboarding Membership application process that there is no guarantee of assignments being offered. Being a start-up, there is the constant issue of having enough self-employed Viewber Members in place to cover prospective demand and they have the right to refuse offers of work or may simply not be available at the times requested by our Clients. None of our Viewber Members are expected to be, or asked to act as estate agents, but they are expected to provide written feedback after most appointments. The majority of our Viewber Members do not find this onerous on their capability or time and enjoy being able to share their experience of how the appointment went with the Client (which may include, but are not limited to online estate agents). Viewber Members are always provided with details of the payment an appointment will attract and if this should need to be changed, the Viewber Member is made aware and they are able to cancel their attendance if they wish to. The reviewer is correct insofar as we don't pay mileage (these are expenses of a self-employed position and should be dealt with via HMRC), however, most Viewber Members operate within a 5-mile radius of their home address and are free to determine the radius which they are comfortable working within. -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viewber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement