Village Hotels

Village Hotels Employee Reviews

United Kingdom316 reviews

hotelgymmembershipleisurewhilststarbucksfreestaff

Village

The village hotels are a great company to work for and it is a very family oriented.l work place. The hours can be long but they are very rewarding.

Not good...

I only worked there for a few months and I didn't really like it but it did the job that it should.pros: pay was really good, great staff discounts, the 2nd manager I had while I was there was goodcons: felt isolated from the team, often no breaks, really long shifts, either really early starts or late finishes, first manager did not care that much, was not trained on anything

Insights into Village Hotels

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

night Leisure Assistant (Mostly Cleaner)

Mostly just cleaning changing rooms/showers, toilets. In the gym putting weighs away polish mirrors. Also doing check in's, in the gym to make sure people are safe and happy.

Pros

can go on break when you decide

Cons

not good night pay as its the same as day pay

Stressful and poorly managed

The amount of time you are given to do all the rooms is no where near enough they tell you at interview that you will have 20 minutes per room but then will give you 30+ rooms to do in 5hours. I have years of experience in hotel cleaning but every day is stressful. Training is very inadequate, just following another housekeeper around for a day but not being taught the nuances of the hotel. I learn something new everyday by being told off for not doing something or putting something in the wrong place but was never told this in the first place. The supervisors are strange they don’t speak to you unless there is something wrong with your work and when you try to ask them something they are standoffish like you are disturbing them. I don’t know who is in charge from day to day the manager never seems to be in and there is no way to contact them so if there is a problem with the rota or anything then no one can help you. There is barely any supplies of cleaning equipment or working hoovers. That being said some of the team are great and will help out if needed. The hours fit perfectly for someone with children.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Stressful

Dull & Negative atmosphere

Staff are rude, too much expected from staff for such a low wage, and put under high-pressure situations with no support. No training given. No positivity, patronising colleagues that have no teamwork skills. No organisation from any part of the company. Poor ethics and overall, not recommended.

Never had so much fun at a job

Loved every second of working at Village. Sometimes long hours - 13/14 hour shifts but so worth it. Lots of breaks and normally fed so didn't have to worry about leaving to get food or bring my own in. Every shift was like a party.

Fun workplace

Good place to work , would still probably work there but the night porter I worked with kept falling asleep . Then another manager who worked there started messing with people's hours when my manager was on holiday so I left .

Pros

Free uniform if your full time

Cons

0 hour contract if they don't take you on

not good

manager was nice at first then showed her true colours. she very clearly had favourites and treated everyone else like dirt. i was spoken to like dirt and didnt feel like i could talk to her about it. any one who she didnt favour above everyone else was made to feel like dirt. i felt overworked and stressed every shift.

Pros

going home

Cons

everything

Overall a pleasant experience

Fun place to work, very friendly manager and co-workers and they would be very helpful whenever I needed help or struggled with work. Overall a pleasant and comfortable environment to work at.

Pros

Free Gym memberships

Cons

The rare and occasional rude customers

Amazing

Amazing place to work the opportunities are awesome, left mainly due to COVID-19 and when got given my job back it was a completely different role so I left

worst place I’ve worked at

3 star hotel with bad management, overworked staff with poor wages. manager and team were disrespectful bad and stressful environment , avoid working there at all cost

Friendly people, average money, room to progress, unsociable hours

Mostly friendly people, the money is average, room to progress or change to another department, unsociable hours, good place to start of work, discount of food/rooms and free gym membership.

Fun Parts

Teaching making the class your own 1-2-1 training with clients Meeting members and making new friends Next to a superstore Free Gym40% Discounts

Love it

I have worked here for 7 years and loved pretty much every minute of it, i feel appreciated and a valued member of staff, it’s taken a while but I finally get paid a wage I deserve

Pros

Free gym membership, bonuses

Cons

Very good but occasionally stressful

Good pay, really nice coworkers, uniform is good as they provide everything apart from trousers. I work in the pub and grill which is calm when there isnt a sport event on tv, but i work at events too which can be up to 200 people, they have loud music and lots of people to serve at once.

Pros

40% off food and starbucks, short shifts for under 18s

Cons

can be stressful with functions/ sport events

drama and backstabbing

Very hostile environment. Alot of the senior chefs were two faced. Kitchen was very fast paced. Most of the chefs didn't care about the quality of food.

Bad management with poor communication

There was no care for staff, you would be made to cover somebody else's role in the kitchen if they left and not get imbursed for said work. All in all it was a bad enviroment to work in.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Poor management

Good long hours

Hard work long hours. Stressful at times other staff are ok with you management were supportive . You never really feel alone but work life balance can be hard

Good place to work. Need better management to run the place

No doubt a great place to work. Friendly staff but the management team is unrealistic and so uncompromising. We deliver to our best capacity but it’s always asking for more.

Pros

Free meal, breaks, free parking, 50% off village hotels food and beverages and rooms

Cons

Management should relax and let the employees work stress-free

Over worked and under staffed

Worked there for a few months in m&e, long hours and no real organisation. Small team expected to take on too much resulting in crazy long shifts back to back. Team was supervised by someone with very little experience leading to a number of issues on shift.

Bad management, under paid

The brand it’s self is great. However better management is required at this branch, better pay for all staff, consistency within the hotel, team work and competitive reward system that you actually receive

Cons

Long hours, being expected to know everything after one shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement