VINCI
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

VINCI Employee Reviews

United Kingdom162 reviews

Found 162 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,038 reviews

It's a job, pay's the bills

Monotonous brain numbing work,the people I work with are fantastic, senior management Look down on us,privelage days are taken off our holiday entitlement,which is wrong in my opinion,no chance of advancing in the job as outsiders are brought in for management jobs,only plus is it's Monday to Friday with weekends off.

Pros

Mon to Friday

Cons

Top management don't want to listen

Excellent company and culture

Joined as an engineer and worked up through supervisor and into account / line / operations management. Have been invested in, trained and developed by a company that really cares about its people. Yes it can be stressful at times like any job but you will struggle to find a better employer to support you in your career development.

Pros

Flexibility, work life balance

Cons

Some clients can be hard work

Insights into VINCI

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Not a fun place to work.

Typical day can be boring.I learned nothing as staff didn't want to teach you the job role.Management, where do I start, very clicky, quick to shoot you down when you got concerns regarding the job role, like a Typical example the less you do the more you're thought of.The workplace culture is if your face fits your looked after and you get away with murder.The hardest part of the job is getting up and going to work.The most enjoyable part of the job is going home.VINCI as a company are more interested in keeping the contracts it has than their employees.

Do not work for them

Try to force staff to do overtime because of how they treat staff we are under staffed and the staff are leaving because of how we are all treated, underpaid, management don’t care about their staff, other staff Argue among themselves because lack of Morale and management say you’re not allowed to talk in work unless it’s about work. People have asked me if I would recommend working there and as soon as I tell them no and why they then won’t apply for the post

Pros

Cons

Underappreciated

Poor management and communication skills.

The cleaning was easy and effective for the hours given. Team was lovely and supportive however management was very poor and constant over turn of management caused issues with workers the communication between management and staff was very poor and the lack of job progression was very frustrating hence leaving.

Avoid at all costs

Really poor place to work, if only they followed what they preach and supported their work force. Lots of promises and carrots dangled but commercially controlled and lack of guidance here it will not be long before they lose this contract or cause the fatality of patients Very lacking

Awful

Cronyism culture within senior management. Terrible pay and work life balance. Digital systems are terrible. HR practice is inconsistent and poorly run. Do not work for Vinci.

Derby train station

I like my job.. I like my 2 boss. My 2 boss execlty good people's.Sometimes have problems there Derby train station lot of people lazy and don't care job .I like work. I m happy I work Derby Train station and I m happy that my company good (vinchi). I have night shift work and my titlus deep cleaner.

Good management structure

Enjoyed my time working within the management structure of the company on 2 projects in Exeter Such a pity that there wasn't a permanent position available as I was a sub contractor for 10 months and would have relished the challenge of a full time position. But would recommend this company to anyone with ambitions in the construction industry

Lovely place

Enjoyed working at Vinci management was wonderful helpful supportive,. They trusted you to do your work without micro management. The office was a nice atmosphere

Mismanaged. Disorganised.

The Operations Manager had no background in the industry. Having pointless meetings took priority over everything else, and were an utter waste of time. The support staff were very critical of the daily morning meetings they were forced to attend because nothing was ever achieved, other than annoying his own support team.

Pros

Nothing of any significance.

Cons

Sites were in a bad state of repair due to poor maintenance.

Stressful and backstabbing.

Pay is awfulHolidays are goodHigh end management in Coventry are useless.There are over 50 managers in UHCW , that's one manager per 1.5 staff.You will be ok as manager because if you can't do your job you can just employ another manager under you to do your work .

Pros

Holiday, sick pay, hospital appointments. Job itself is not stressful

Cons

Salary extremely low for the skills required

Not bad if you stay away from toxic staff

Spent a few months at Vinci and found it somewhat enjoyable. Management always made sure you had the right equipment for the job and were quick to deal with any problems that arose whether with staff or on-site. Did get a new manager who was arrogant and holier than thou close to leaving. Worked with a manipulative and toxic colleague which management tried to resolve but said person exploited loopholes to continue negative behaviour and buddied up with new manager. Eventually left because management didn't find method of defence against toxic colleague agreeable. Was offered other places of work due to quality of work carried out before leaving. Watch yourself if you have to deal with negative nellies, especially ones that buddy up to management at Vinci.

Pros

Flexible working hours, empathetic management (individual specfic), adaptive and empathetic towards individual needs

Cons

Bad managers (individual specfic)

Great work support

Working with some of the vinci managers has been great. Though, there are some out of their depth, the good ones outweighed the bad. I would take a job with Vinci at a heart beat in the future, as you will definitely learn something.

Brilliant company to work for

Vinci is a good company to work for but clients are not always the best, especially when clients want to cut cost on maintenance by covering up the problem rather than tackling the underlying issues.

Very professional company

Vinci Facilities was one of the best employers I have worked for. They were professional with very high standards yet open to innovative ideas and processes.

As long as you do your job it is very rewarding, I learnt on the job and was promoted from mobile cleaner to management in a short time, really enjoyed working there left to look after grandchildren

Steer clear

Terrible company to work for. Bullying culture from management, do not pay average holiday pay and refuse to. There is no work life balance, expected to drive all over UK with no allowance for either max driving hours or max daily hours worked.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bullying culture from management who have own agendas. No average holiday pay. No work life balance.

Hard place to work with poor management

A typical 7.5 hrs shift, not a lot of support from inexperienced management. It was hard to get management to understand our needs to complete our job. Mangement were poorly trained and inexperienced which led to poor decision making and bred a culture of back stabbing.

Pros

Good work mates very suportive

Cons

Bad culture of blaming people to cover poor decision making

A very fast paced working environment woth plenty of awareness required but definitely a place I thrive in

Working at Vinci has taught me how to manage a whole range of deliveries from cranes to ,concrete ,to numerous articulated deliveries and a team of up to tellehandler operators. Working here is a great experience and meeting hundreds of people has been fantastic

No the job and Vinci are a joke

Not a very good work place the management has not got a clue bad at every thing was a bad mistake as there have not got a clue about cleanning the staff tho are great

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VINCI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare VINCI with

Learn about VINCI in popular locations

• VINCI
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?