Vintage Inns

Vintage Inns Employee Reviews

Made some of my best friends working for vintage. You’re just another number but you could be surrounded by pretty cools ones. None of my old team work together now but we all still talk etc
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Long hours, low pay rate
Just awful. Genuinely awful culture of mentally stripping away your whole personality and will. Never again. Cannot warn you any more seriously about how vile the whole atmosphere and management are.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
No life
Great place. To. Work friendly approachable manager. Great training both online and on the job. Family run alway there to help and nothing is to much trouble
It just really wasn't for me having already worked in a kitchen which I thought was great. The management made promises they couldn't keep. They didn't allow compromise. I worked long hours over weekends only here and was at university the rest of the week so an amount social life was very little.
This is one kitchen i have worked in where the job its self isnt to bad but you have no team and the manager of the pub doesnt care about you leaves it down to you doesmt like helping(unless reaaly has to) by far the worst place i have ever worked was there for 4-5 weeks and im glad to be out of there...in the time i was there 4 chefs left and i no foh people were oooking to leave aswell
Cons
Long hours...poor gm
as my review title states all restaurant chains are the same, long and unsociable hours due to the busiest times being the weekend. Management sometimes good but normally the opposite
good to work ur way up in, i have found it more than rewading in my time with the company. i now live and brath the brand and hold all the beliefs and visions
Only took work experience here so can't comment on things such as salary but the pub had a friendly atmosphere and everyone was helpful and polite. Would be great job part time if you were a student.
Pros
friendly and helpful
Cons
it was very bad. i didnt like the pay, the management left something to be desired. made to do everything whilst the management sat back and did nothing. got spoken to like dirt by the customers.
Nobody from above understands the workings of a successful restaurant/pub, which certainly makes day to day running very difficult as the tools to achieve these aren’t provided. Expectations are so high they are near impossible to achieve. It’s a company that only cares about money instead of the staff. You are merely a name on a rota and when you aren’t up to standard your pushed out of they way regardless of how much of your life and efforts you have put into the business. I have never in my life been so unhappy in a job. Several attempts have been made to let management, of low and high know how much of a stressful and unhappy place it is to work with no avail. Avoid at all cost unless you want your passion and drive completely sucked out of you!
Cons
Long hours. Bad management. Stressful. Lack of team work.
I found the place awful to work at. They trained no one and just left you running a kitchen on your own. I would strongly advise not to work in the place.
great place to be, good management, fantastic menus value for money, great benifits such as share save scheme and bonuses. fantastic team iowork with .
I did my work experience here in year 10, I only volunteered here for a week but felt comfortable and safe. Everyone was friendly and respectful and I learnt quickly how to take orders.
nice people, demanding guests/ unprofessional manager. 15 hour shifts. Breaks are not a given. underpaid. Poor support from head office, bad B.O.H office systems.
Great at training and cannot fault them for their career progression, however the work life balance is horrendous, the pay is so poor compared to other similar companies and they really babysit their GM's giving little respect to anyone below them.
Working 14 hour days without a break in 42 degrees heat for terrible rates of pay while you have GMs and RBMs getting paid a lot of money for doing nothing but criticising the little man. Fraud is rife in the company with people discounting bills with promotions and taking the extra while my personal GM at the Tame otter was forever drinking and pinching stock. Avoid at all costs
Cons
Can’t even get a drink of squash for free on a hot day working 14 hours
Typical corporate run restaurant. Food is all pre bought microwaved garbage cooked by unskilled people that have no clue what good food would look like. If you have experience in hospitality be prepared to be belittled and treated like a moron so that the company can tick boxes to make it look like they are good.
Pros
good benefits package
Cons
Long hours, treated like an idiot
Vintage Inns were great to work for. The team around you are fantastic and supportive. There were always plenty of hours available and management are approachable and friendly.
The worst company to work for. I've never worked anywhere like this, it is a complete nightmare. Expected to do the job of two people, no guaranteed breaks, sometimes working 12 hour shifts with no break, hours get cut if you complain about it too. Management are a waste of space, no guidance, no proper training, and they stand around chatting whilst waiting staff are run off their feet. Avoid this company at all costs!!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Fishers pond is a very fun and flexible working environment which allows lots of customer interaction and very good financial rewards for excellent service.
Pros
good financial benifits (tips)
Cons
work rotas given at late notice
One of the nicest pubs within the local area, worked with an excellent team who were extremely professional, and helped maintain the pub's already excellent reputation.
  1. Employee reviews