Virgin Atlantic
Happiness score is 71 out of 100

Virgin Atlantic Employee Reviews

United Kingdom256 reviews

Potential to be a dream job if SLT had any idea what crew deal with

SLT out of touch More responsibilities, while not listening to the issues. Crew down, fatigue & unsociable hours. Pay is awful while they take bonuses

Pros

Crew, travel, meeting people from around the world

Cons

Pay, worldwide rates (allowances) that don’t even cover costs, fatigue, unsociable hours, mgmt who don’t listen, dangerous locations, hotels out of tourist areas, medical emergencies

Great perks awful management

For an employer to put hundreds of people up for redundancy during a pandemic and then actively recruit a few months later is disgusting and typical of the culture, flashy on the outside but a lack of care for staff on the inside. Management and the way staff are treated is poor. The perks and the people are the only benefits.

Insights into Virgin Atlantic

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Not the best

Used to enjoy working at Virgin but recently due to management the company had gone down hill big time. You are not valued in the slightest. Don’t do it to yourself m.

Pros

Staff Travel

Poorly paid , never promoted

Been at virgin 16 years as crew We aren’t appreciated We are paid minimum wage however our work load has increased Managers don’t listen Promotion is ridiculous West coast trips are now one night Every flight is crew down Allowances are poor

Not great work life balanxe

Management is lovely and really understanding. I think they relate to the concerns of the advisors, but the team who sort the Rota’s will put you in for 3 weekends a month and because of this people don’t wanna swap the weekends they’re off so the work life balanxe isn’t great

Pros

Great support network

Cons

Work life balance

Fact pace nice atmosphere

Hybrid working so nice change with working from home and office very busy with the calls but a nice office atmosphere everyone very friendly constant support

Work and pay

Some peoples dream job I know , but , not as glamorous as you may think it is… long days , unsociable hours , fatigue and often away for special family occasions. Pay is very low and we are not given enough recognition for the skills we have.On a plus cabin crew are fun loving sociable people , and if you are lucky enough to get some longer lay over trips that can be very rewarding, plus cheap travel is a perk of the job !

Used to be good

It’s such a shame, virgin used to be the best job. Great perks, uniform and people. Since Covid they’ve gone down hill. Pays awful, treat their staff as a number, their way or noway and long hours. No flexibility at all. Promise you one thing and do another. They have lost so many great staff!! But don’t care at all, I’m sure their customers will. Lots of weekend work! Not very family orientated… if it wasn’t for the perks I’m sure they would have much staff at all.

Fun place to work. Some depts are much better than others to work.

I worked at VAA for 20 years and only had to leave due Covid. I would definitely recommend working there especially if you work in a dept with good managers.

A great way to travel and see the world. Would recommend if you are young and don’t have any financial restrictions, as the pay is terrible.

A great job, you get to travel the world and meet great people. Unfortunately over the last couple of years, the management have taken a turn for the worse, pay talks have stalled, and the majority of trips are now minimum rest. I would still recommend if you don’t mind the terrible pay and jet lag.

Fun workplace

There is a really bad culture that has set in at Virgin of treating their staff really badly. They have underpaid people for years and still look at taking even more money off their dedicated employees. A lot of this has gone under the umbrella of "protecting the company" during the pandemic but what they are doing is taking money from the worst paid employees in the company without even batting an eyelid. Shame on you.

Pros

Lovely crew to work with

Cons

Unscrupulous management.

unsupportive

no work life balance. company will always side with rude managers on flights. this job destroyed my mental and physical health. only perks are travelling and nice uniform

Pros

travel

Cons

no work life balance

Stressful

The only good thing I can say is that you can work from home and they provide you with your systems. The hours are long and stressful. Really think about applying for this job as it will honestly cause you so much anxiety.

Pros

Work from home. Free and discounted flights

Cons

To much pressure on staff, annualised hours and long shifts

Massively gone down hill

What a shame the way the airline has changed. I loved my job and they kept throwing changes, cut backs and just expected us to sit and take it. It is pure take take take and they are using covid to get through all the changes they wanted to years ago. I get why cut backs have to be done to survive how the world has been affected, but there is no dates in the future to review once the business becomes profitable again. The way this airline functions is purely who you know and not what you know. Management champion particular individuals for promotion and office based staff allocate the nicer trips to the same faces. It's sickening the way some crew conduct themselves with the brown nosing. The money sucks now and it's not affordable living off what they pay. The senior management need to get their heads checked and be realistic at what it costs to support yourselves in this modern world. There is very little reward for loyalty to this company and little support. All the management become repeat copies of each other and it's loosing it's human touch. I have lots of wonderful friends there and I hope they can get some decent elements back. I really couldn't stand it any longer to see it through. Good luck to anyone joining this company.

Pros

Staff travel, which will prob be taken away at some point.

Cons

Lack of progression, recognition, bad line managers.

Fun and productive

The best job ever , wish virgin Atlantic come back to Gatwick airport and all the staff including the agent can get concessions. I was working as an agent and didn’t get anything from virgin when we was doing all the important job as checking dealing with difficulties and passengers

Pros

Free ice-cream

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

It's has been a great journey working for Virgin Atlantic Airways, from management to all other employees, it's a great feeling to feel part of a family at work, also my greatest motivation is when I am getting ready to go to work the vibe already began, before having to start a shift is one of the most gifted vibes to have. Working for this company has changed me to a better self mentally and physically. I can't wait to have another opportunity to join the venture!

Pros

Free parking, free lunch, good incentives, perks

Cons

When the flights delays ;)

Busy and fun place

It's a very busy place to wrk.but also fun place to wrk.staff is good too.the management is friendly.and they provide one meal for the staff while at work

Under appreciated underpaid

The team I worked with were great the management were not we were under appreciated for the role we had. We were not backed by the management when things went wrong. In fact they would back the customer rather than the staff if it meant that they had a quiet life.

Pros

Cheap travel

Cons

Little appreciation of workforce

Amazing

This company is amazing they really value you as an employee, and I wish covid didn’t happen as this is a company I’d like to get back to abs fly again. Anyone who is thinking of flying definitely apply. They hire in personality and they are are brilliant to work for I love this company. You travel the world for work what else could you want and being paid what you get it’s even better. Give it a go I’d say. 100%

Pros

Everything give it a go.

It is fun to work place

Excellent company to work for all round from top to bottom every day different they care about their employees specialty management they try to understand and help

Fun work place

A changing company, lots of fun, amazing travelOpportunity. A young company for the young. Varied job opportunities behind the scenes or on the front line with passengers.

Pros

Amazing travel deals

Cons

Long hours to get to place of work if at the airport

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Atlantic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Virgin Atlantic with

• Virgin Atlantic
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?