Virgin Media

United Kingdom959 reviews

Found 959 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,009 reviews
mediumtargetbroadbandvmcentreprogressionrolepattern

Great Company to Work For

Great work life balance, fair pay. As a field technician you are pretty left alone to crack on for the most part, which I appreciate. Too many unrealistic targets however.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Targets and late finishes. Working in bad weather.

Awful

Awful place. Managers had no idea what they were doing,bad systems and bad working hours. Told people to work from home but then bullied staff into office even with covid

Insights into Virgin Media

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

So unhelpful

The worst job I’ve had. Whenever I needed help I would be ignored for ageeeees until I pestered everyone and whilst this was happening customers were getting angry with me on the phone. My managers changed so much I had no real connection with the company. They paid me less and still to this day haven’t received that money back. Over £100+. Impossible to get help with anything.

Pros

Some managers nice

Not Very Good

Don't work for them, bad company, bad deals, and make it hard to give customers the service they deserve.Day to day is horrible, and the way we are treated is shocking

Loved working for Virgin Media

Great company to work for. Supportive Management great perks and incentives. Targets achievable good work life balance wish I’d stayed there grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Pros

Good pay and bonus. Fun place.

Cons

Moved contract to outsource

Awful place to work

Used to be a great place till LG took over and outsourced all of Virgin Mobile to the Philippines. Hours are long often with loads of late shifts, very little support from management (some are great, some not so great). Very clicky "if your face fits" type of atmosphere. High turnover of staff with a lots of experienced and loyal employees who've been there for years leaving. Heard it's gone downhill since Sitel took over.

Working for a while is okay.

Honestly from my point of view I didnt enjoy much working there ,as Managers keep pushing you for targets everyday .Pay is okay , but with the rising inflation not good enough .

Pros

No fixed shift pattern

Hard working fun organisation

Great company, I have now been tupeed to 3rd party contract sitel. atmosphere change in contact centre, people are great and managers mostly have a sense of direction. Less communications from senior leadership team.

Don’t waste your time

Awful place to work! Expected to knock doors until stupid o’clock whilst being under extreme pressure from god awful management Save yourself some time and don’t bothe r

Great job, poor management

Great skilled and technical job, overloaded most days so having to make up time, salary fair. Working towards some kpi's was almost impossible. Expected to get every customer to refer a friend even though your a technician. Apart from that ok job and OK company.

Pros

4 day working week

Cons

Micro management

Good money

The salary and bonus were good at Virgin Media, but it came to a point where targets were unachievable and unrealistic and there was nothing we could do about it. Not enough staff members meant having to work with just one other person and not having time to eat lunch. Unable to get work done due to lack of staff but no support. Started great but didn’t end well

Stressed, quantity over quality, too many jobs in a day

Job is stressful, every day waking up and seeing your work for the day makes you want to cry, yes you get through work, but you feel rushed. More focus is on growth, rather than installing and fault finding, always sick routes to cover. Good basic salary, always some kind of bonus to be made, but to many grey areas that make you lose bonus. Managers are great, but too many times they are too busy from there work to get hold of.

very stressful

. However if u don't do your target they trying push you to the edge , and u feel like very low because u can't make your target and soon of later they want you to leave the company very unfair envorioment to work with.

Pros

Cons

stress no target no apperaction of anything

Good Working Environment

Nice and fun place to work for but you're underpaid and progression is only if your face fits, It's a stressful job and you don't get appreciated for handling the stress of the job however, they do care about staff

Long hours but good job.

The days take some getting used to but it's rewarding. You become very knowledgeable in the field and there is a decent amount of bonuses that can br earned.

remote work available

you have training in a class setting, then you train on the phones , after that you get put in your team. you get the option to work from home. hardest part of the job is when you get and your conversion goes down.

Decent employer

I worked for virgin media around 15 years ago now and found them to be a very good employer. It was a good salary at that time. They provided good training and the management team were supportive.

Staff

I can honestly say that Virgin is the worst place I have ever worked, they don’t care about there staff they just care about figure and if you don’t hit them then bye, you’ll get sack…. It’s an absolute joke of a work place that’s for sure.

It used to be fun working here now it’s immensely stressful

Good Company and benefits. They care for your well-being and support available 24-7 just a phone call away. You need to care about the customer., be focused and reach every part of the 17 + requirements of the role. You need to reach or exceed your targets., anything less is not acceptable.

Pros

Free water bottles and summer and Christmas parties

Cons

Such as abusive customers., it’s part of the role and remember the customer chooses to speak to you like it.

It good job if you work hard

Good commission have to work late hours to catch people at home suits someone who is z go getter. Management don't care as long as you bring in sales, company car is bound.

Pros

Good commission

Cons

Late hours

Very poor management setup

Have agents who are managing a team but are not trained to management standards but lead a team and not paid any extra money for the pleasure. Lots of agents are desperate to become a manager to avoid taking calls and are willing to crush any agent to make the acting managers look good. Not a very good place to work. Great brand but poor management. After initial training be prepared to do 95% of ongoing training within your own time. And if you have holidays and come back to work don’t expect any time to catch up on any updated processes or learning. Also if you ask for support you will also find yourself battling with shift management to take an escalation you be asked have you done this that and everything else ? . No relationship with managers unless your sucking up to managers. When staff party pictures are published you will normally find majority are managers. Management are so disengaged with its advisors. Also most management would never take calls again and only do if have no choice. Not all managers are bad but majority need to do some actual work and not be in meetings all day almost every shift. Could you imagine if I came in to work and all I kept saying was I am learning and reading up on things and don’t take any calls. A lot of managers are clueless and need to reach out to other managers regular to resolve issues if managers don’t know how to resolve issues how they expect agents to resolve customer issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Virgin Media with

• Virgin Media
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?