Virgin Media

United Kingdom871 reviews

Insights into Virgin Media

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and fun workplace

Worked at virgin media for 5 years it was a great place to work would highly recommend. Job is to answer calls and sell virgin products to customers. Commission is uncapped so you can earn as much as you want.

Very demanding and often frustrating job

See my detailed and comprehensive lists of pros and cons.This is a very demanding, often frustrating, frequently stressful job. The hours are long, it’s hard work, and it’s not as rewarding as I expected it to be. The company is constantly pushing an over enthusiastic, “everything is awesome” message which does not reflect reality and gets rather tiresome. You’ll be working your backside off when others are getting paid for filming themselves larking about and posting it on Workplace (a business social media app owned by Meta, aka Facebook).Pros Time off - working 37.5 hours a week across four days therefore getting three days off per week including a five-day rest period every third weekend, Overtime always available and paid at time-and-a-half, Many ways to earn money on top of basic salary through performance incentives, Good team culture - technicians do help each other in the mainCons Long shifts (10 hours) with 7pm finishes on most days, requirement to book leave across the year during times when you do not necessarily want to take it, due to “the needs of the business” and difficulty booking leave during peak times, out-of-area working at very short notice, and managers do not really care about technicians from other teams who are working in their areas, overtime is expected from all technicians, rigorous heavily monitored performance culture with some targets that are extremely difficult to achieve and that technicians are not always able to effect whilst still being measured against them, blame culture - don’t make a mistake as you likely won’t be backed by -

Great company with fun and supportive team. Excellent training provided regarding processes and software, normal break times, canteen, secure car park offered.

dd

they were fun bright love to be ok iand what else would u want good work and enjoyment love to fly and have a good time but thats all you want in a good

Pros

ddd

Cons

ddd

Collaborative and interesting workplace with development opportunities.

Collaborative, ever-changing work place with plenty of opportunity for learning and development.Good work-life balance. Good team culture. Colleagues are friendly and generally great to work alongside

Pros

Great discounts and benefits Work from home culture

Good company and good job!

Virgin Media is a great company to work for. They take good care of their staff and supply: company van, tools, training needed for the job, massive discounts on Virgin products in home (MyRates) and many more. The four day a week shift pattern is great too, you work these days between Mon-Sat and is on a three week rotation, so for example:Week 1 - off Mon-TuesWeek 2 - off Wed-ThursWeek3 - off Fri-Sat. This means that on average, you work 2 out of every 3 Saturdays, but it’s worth it for the extra day off during the week (You also don’t work Sundays). It means also, on week 3, you finish up on the Thursday and don’t come back till the following Wednesday, which is really good to have every three weeks.

Pros

Shift Pattern - 4 days a week. 37.5hrs per week. Great benefits on Virgin products, company van/tools, private medical care (Bupa)

Cons

Working alone, work and late quite a lot.

Everyone is very friendly including managers trainers are also excellent.

It’s a great place to work everyone’s is really friendly have a lot of benefits sometimes however could miss out on bonus as this happened to me once.

Pros

Friendly staff

Okay place to work

Easy interview Competitive as we work of individual targets Slow in store days when no one really comes in.Management put a lot of pressure on me as a part timer

Pros

Good bonuses and staff outings

Cons

Competition between staff

Not fun.

CPE collections, we were tasked with collecting equipment from disconnected customers, a mix of non payments and gong elsewhere - Sky, BT etc. Oh my, tough going at times, manager was as much use as a chocolate teapot, we were always made to sell services, even to disconnect non pay customers!!

Pros

Decent benefits, good working hours

Cons

Useless disconnected management team, false promises galore, no chance of advancement. Very much a face fits culture, jobs for the boys.

Awful

Started as an apprentice after five weeks or so called training not . Left to work on your own. Given tools that were broken and didn't work. When asking for help the mentor who was Spose to train and help was to busy. All they care about is sales and and RAF. Doesn't matter if you do a great job if you have not got two saleable leads and a score of 10 every month your named and shamed .

Pros

Cheap internet

Cons

Long hours constant bombardment about RAF.

Excellent company to work for. Have thoroughly enjoyed my time at VM.

Great business culture and significant investment made into extra curricular activities such as volunteering, Diversity and inclusion etc. Everyone was very professional and great team culture.

Pros

Business culture, Ceo, flat structure, good work/life balance. Amazing office buildings.

Cons

None.

Use to be a great place to work.

You are now just glorified sales agents but not on a sale salary. Targets are impossible you are basically on minimum wage. Avoid it. Everyone is leaving.

Poor management with no respect for you what so ever.

Stressful place to work. If I could take the time back I would not work for such a poor company. Management are bullies and virgin pay is very bad. My advice is don’t even attempt to work for such a company that only care about profit and not there customers or employees

Cons

Good

Enjoyable job great people company looks after performersPlenty of parkingSupportive managementGood perksStable roleNice office spaceFriendly people

Pros

Free products

Cons

Great social place to work

My time spent at VM was fun, but have no doubt it is fast paced and target driven. Made some real good friends during my time and it was enjoyable. Lots of offsite activities can be organised with your colleagues.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Targets

Poor management

Management refuse to take responsibility and belittle their staff. I was awarded employee of the month and a few weeks later dismissed due to taking a few days off sick

Pros

Discounted packages if you stay long enough

Cons

Poor management

Productive Sales Environment

If you happy to work on targets . Best place to be . Achieving target but you have to put in the extra miles to get there . Commission is very fairly calculated. You have to be lucky to have a good supportive manager. I was the lucky one . My managers was very supportive.

Pros

Vouchers up for grab

Cons

Hard to progress

Not for everyone

Poor training and lack of support from management. You are expected to take abuse from customers constantly and just get on with it. Micro manage everything you do, when you go to the bathroom and how long you take.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Micro managed, dragged with time

Well paid and Fun

Virgin Media has looked after me for e long time and I do feel that they have been one of the best companies that I've ever worked for great pay and job security plus benefits.

Pros

Pay and benefits plus job security

Cons

some things could be done better, like better customer care

Virgin Values

Loved my time working at Virgin Media. The company has changed a lot since but still believe the Virgin Values and fun shine through in every role. I made friends for life and still remember my experience gained at Virgin Media the most crucial for thr rest of my career.

Pros

Proud brand

Cons

Sometimes Stressful

Stressful, to many KPI’s

Being a good technician matters no more as long as you have a good NPS which forced on technicians to cover up the true rating. And you are a salesmen before you are a anything else forced to put rafs in.Also have internal Union which is ran by the company, using this system allows the to force changes up on staff without acknowledgment.

Pros

Life insurance and bumps heath care, good shift pattern

Cons

Poor salary, forced to be salesmen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement