Virgin Media

Virgin Media Employee Reviews

Everyone works as a family - values are great. Call centres are equipped with all necessary items like water, sanitizers, microwaves, fridges and vending machines I learnt to work as a group to achieve same goal. WITH NO PRIOR SALES EXPERIENCE IT WAS DIFFICULT TO EXCEL BUT THEY PROVIDE COACHING AND TRAINING.
Pros
Many extra rewards and prizes for good performance
Cons
Work schedule changes weekly
Management has a toxic culture , senior management actively set in realistic goals that will enable you to not meet objectives and thus performance related pay and bonus are not paid. The senior management team lead by fear and retribution’s. Would not go back
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Never get your bonus when your use the discounts to help retain the customer at you get told at you can you use you get sacked for using them this is set up so at you don't stay in the job long that's why they always advertising jobs for hardly anyone one on my team got kept on after three months
Cons
Don't get full pay for your over time
Treat you awfully. If you want the hour lunch your supposed to get you’ll be home for 9pm bearing in mind you have to get to your first job for 8. All they are bothered about is sales RAF they pester you constantly and instead of praising someone when they do well they bash everyone else round the head saying look how good this guy is and then the next month it will be some other guy. No flexibility, no progression unless your best mates with higher managers. Corrupt through and through. Oh and every customer survey that comes back bad because of the shocking customer call centre - that’s your fault. They give you about 41 minutes a job when they know it’s impossible to do everything on their Audits yet do nothing about it. About 8 people have left in the last month some with years and years of service and no more then a see you later. Oh and they did secret shoppers where they were hiding in peoples houses and taking photos of us without permission and posting them laughing. So if you want a job with no progression, where you work an hour a day for free and be hassled for sales when you are technician then go for it!
Pros
Bupa and extra holidays which you will need
Cons
long hours and have to work your lunch for free if you want to finish on time
As an agent working from home, I was very excited at the concept to get started, the team leaders on hand via teams are very friendly and understanding however where this campaign excels, it also has its faults. For example, since beginning training in November I have had countless technical issues which took weeks of hounding and asking about what was going to happen next to even see acknowledgment, I even still have issues now. The IT support team are practically useless as they never answer the phone and when they do the operators are dismissive and extremely rude. The entire system for logging and supporting calls is run on an archaic system which hasn’t changed since the 1970s and frankly it needs to be updated. As if that wasn’t enough the 3 weeks worth of training was absolutely absurd, for 9 hours, 5 days a week you are subjected to countless tidbits of trivial information so much so that it is nigh impossible to keep up to speed with anything. It’s as though 6 weeks of training was pushed into 3. It’s frankly way too much.
Pros
Working from home, free equipment sent out (provided it’s via an outsourced company)
Cons
Long hours, repetitive and trivial training, archaic systems, poor or total lack of communication, useless IT team.
Pros- good holidays, staff rates, health care.Conns- poor salary, dead end job, very stressful, unachievable stats, disciplined on a survey that has nothing to do with you, health and safety used as a whipping tool to remove under achievers,bullying management techniques, made to be a salesman instead of a service engineer, 15 jobs a day and if you dont complete them you will be audited on all jobs.
Stayed in Virginmedia for over 8 years so I think I must have been doing something right there. Would recommend definitely if you like the call centre culture
Pros
Health insurance, on site cafeteria
Cons
Long days
I enjoyed the huge majority of my time at VM, and was part of some pretty big changes in the way the business operated. I started at front line customer services and ended up in a higher level role, albeit still classed as front line in the CEOs complaints department. It was a challenge to stay on top of all the changes, almost seemed to come monthly.
Pros
People, The culture, and environment, Employee benefits b
Cons
Salary is relatively low compared to similar role, Constant change of senior leadership, lack of consistent direction.
They don't care about anything you have going on! I was struggling with my mental health there and was told to leave it at the door and get on with it!!
Pros
Activities to do on break
Cons
Long hours, never see the family, miss so much in your personal life, are on your own after training
I worked in the cable industry basically from the its inception in Scotland, so i have worked under many company names that eventually morphed into what we know as Virgin Media. Your work life balance in this company in non excitant, you have no life, leave your house at 7am and God knows what time of the night (not evening) you will return home. I am told some of the new management are decent, but the ones who have been there years are a complete disgrace and i only wish i could leave names. Lets just say i look forward to buying one or two of them a pint if i ever bump into them. Free services, sorry discounted services is the only real benefit. I have been away 3 years and i still have nightmares numerous times a week about working for VM. PLEASE STAY AWAY.
Pros
Discounted services (no longer free)
Cons
No life, live to work, Clueless managers who got the job because they are friends of the guy above them, no support from your team because they are all in the same boat as you
No job security, worked like cattle. Timed to go to the toilet and made to feel like you are going to lose your job for no reason. Do not work here if you value your mental health
Pros
Modern environment
Cons
They treat you unequal. I was on 12 month contract and the people who were permanent were treated better it felt like slavery. Would not go back. Please change.
Pros
Cons
People culture
Your hired as a Customer Care Advisor when infact, your role is Complaint Handler, Sales, Outbound Debt Collector, and of course ‘Customer Care’ lol. You are expected to upsell at least twice a day. Insanely hard to achieve when all your customers are raging due to virgin media’s incompetence. Have to try and upsell on every call. If your not asking prepare to be approached by compliance. You are expected to complete all tasks on the call as there is only 60 seconds wrap until another call comes through. You are expected to manage existing customer complaints, complete sales orders and type notes whilst in the 60 second wrap. Impossible. I have worked in fast paced call centre environments previously and succeeded, however Virgin are a shambles. If you do manage to get lucky and find yourself in available waiting for a call, don’t get too excited as your now expected to make outbound debt collection calls to customers! Management and colleagues are extremely clique. If you don’t fit in you’ll know about it. Career progression is possible if your a brown nose of course. Managers love to talk bad about colleagues behind their back. Too many jobsworths, especially training - they didn’t have a clue. Benefits were decent though.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work, LOVE the Virgin Culture, Stood for Richard Branson's Philosophy of Look after your people and they will look after your customers.
Pros
Virgin Tribe Card, Permission culture
Cons
The role has changed. I used to love my job. I loved the challenges and the work life balance, the team and the satisfaction of a job well done. 3 years in and I can tell you that if you do your job well you will not go anywhere. There is NO appreciation for a job well done, NO acknowledgement for keeping your stats in the green, NO thank you for taking trainee's under your wing and seeing them do well, NO praise for customer satisfaction. BUT! The second you miss a target, make a mistake or fail on a survey that has NOTHING to do with you, management are on your case. The job has gone from quality of work and customer care to just SALES! SALES! SALES! An unachievable target for most, as our job primarily involves finding and fixing faults for customers that have had to deal with (sometimes perceived) shoddy service and the utterly useless call centers. Imagine having to say: "Oh, I know you're internet hasn't been working properly for weeks and it took you 4 hours to get through to a human on the phone. A foreign VS agent who couldn't deviate from their flow chart to actually listen to your problem. Is there anyone you'd like to recommend Virgin services to?" I'm absolutely devastated. I'm done with this job. It all started so well and I was happier than I've ever been in a work environment. But I genuinely don't see the point in doing the job well any more. I'll always be paid the same as the idiot I'm mopping up after or the new starter that I'm training. I'll never be a "star tech" because, despite my YTD repeat rate being 1.3%, I am not a salesman, I can't get 3 sales - more...
Pros
Work life balance (160 days off per year), pay isn't awful, birthdays off, start and finish at home, staff discount, partner offers via Virgin Tribe
Cons
Timed on every job, unrealistic sales goals, judged on a survey that has nothing to do with you, bonus goalposts changed on a whim, useless management, no support, good techs get shafted bad techs get easy work.
I have been working for Virgin Media for a little over a year now, and can definitely say that this is a very supportive environment. Colleagues and managers help and teach each other, there's fun events you can participate in which it takes a bit of stress off your regular day-to-day duties. Main downside would be that sometimes, when it is really busy, you can't seem to find some help, but people get back to you as fast as they can.
Pros
Supportive and responsible environment
Cons
Little support on some days
Management and structure is abysmal so is the help and support training is difficult a lot of people I work with are very confident which I’d kudos to Sitel recruitment which helps atmosphere but you are bogged down some shifts and you do question everything including the future. If your confident you’ll get on here important to melt your face fit
Pros
Money and commishh, lovely people
Cons
Management little support very unhappy customers
If you think your going to be just a tech installing and servicing people’s services then think again. Upper management (those clowns who sit behind a desk with their heads rammed up their own backsides) insist you force virgin customers to refer their friends and family through the RAF process and if none of your customers do so you and your field manager are going to get roasted for it. They don’t seem to realise that if customers have no one to refer we can’t force them too. The only thing keeping me in this job right now is the lack of other work paying the same wage that this job pays due to the COVID 19. If another job offered me the same wage right now I’d dump this job in a second to get rid of the stress the useless upper management clowns cause. Pros *Starting salary for new starters is £24,000 a year *Company van provided (personal use not allowed) *You get your birthday or closest day to it off every year *Bupa private health care *Employee discounts on virgin services Cons *FORCED ON THE DAY OVERTIME if your route ends up taking longer than expected because on of the jobs you get takes longer than the ridiculously small amount of time you get given to do certain jobs. *Useless offshore back office support who also look after routing you. *Rubbish training your trained to install phone tv and broadband onto a board no bigger than a 32in tv and they think once you can do this within an hour you can install it into any house. I don’t know about you but a board no bigger than a tv is a lot different to having to deal with the challenges of running - more...
Pros
Ok salary, benefits, discounts
Cons
Long hours, upper management, forced overtime, lack of training, much much more
just get the job done, the benefits are amazing. The people are fun, energetic and lovely people. Only problem was the shifts and starting before school run and the 11.15pm finishes were a death sentence for my job there
Pros
good wage, fun place
Cons
16 week rotational shifr was rubbish for single parents and family life.
The title of the review is how I view this job atm I can’t stick all the reasons why in this review so I’ll just give basic information about the job as well as some pros and cons with a quick rant as well. Job security rated 5 stars as they always need field techs. Also we are classed as key workers during the COVID 19 pandemic. ———————— Ok let’s do this ———————— Salary: 24.5k a year new starters. Pay day: 26th each month Benefits: Birthday off every year or closest day to it Bupa health care Discounted services 25 days holiday (possibly more) Buy and sell holiday days ———————- New shift pattern Thank you divisional voice for the 6pm finish on Saturdays we really hated finishing at 4pm with the old shift pattern ;) (Week 1) Mon: 8am-7pm Tues: 8am-7pm Wed: day off Thurs: day off Fri: 8am-7pm Sat: 8am-6pm old shift pattern 8am-4pm (Week2) Mon: 8am-7pm Tues: 8am-7pm Wed: 8am-7pm Thurs: 8am-4pm Fri: day off Sat: day off (Week3) Mon: day off Tues: day off Wed: 8am-4pm Old shift pattern: 8am-7pm Thurs: 8am-7pm Fri: 8am-6:30pm Old shift pattern: 8am-7pm Sat: 8am-6pm Old shift pattern: 8am-4pm Back to week 1 —————————— Typical work day *Wake up get ready for work check PDA see what jobs you have for the day and hope your not over routed. *Leave house at 7:30am at the latest to hop in your company van to be at your first job for 8am on the dot. *Follow your route completing jobs. *Go home at finish time if your lucky. Forced on the day unpaid OT to finish jobs you still have left on your route - more...
Pros
Pay, benefits, field managers are great, colleagues great, birthday off, company van, fuel card
Cons
Saturday finish time, Upper management, Training, amount of work, unfair holiday booking process, forced on the day OT, unreal targets, penalised for things out of your control
Brilliant career prospects, management was easy going and approachable. The team was always ready to help at the drop of a call. Constantly learning and improving your own skill set every day.
Pros
Great benefits, great wage, great team, brilliant overtime rate
Cons
Tricky customers and silly rotas
  1. Employee reviews