Virgin Media

Virgin Media Employee Reviews

Insights into Virgin Media

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Great social place to work

My time spent at VM was fun, but have no doubt it is fast paced and target driven. Made some real good friends during my time and it was enjoyable. Lots of offsite activities can be organised with your colleagues.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Targets

Poor management

Management refuse to take responsibility and belittle their staff. I was awarded employee of the month and a few weeks later dismissed due to taking a few days off sick

Pros

Discounted packages if you stay long enough

Cons

Poor management

Productive Sales Environment

If you happy to work on targets . Best place to be . Achieving target but you have to put in the extra miles to get there . Commission is very fairly calculated. You have to be lucky to have a good supportive manager. I was the lucky one . My managers was very supportive.

Pros

Vouchers up for grab

Cons

Hard to progress

Not for everyone

Poor training and lack of support from management. You are expected to take abuse from customers constantly and just get on with it. Micro manage everything you do, when you go to the bathroom and how long you take.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Micro managed, dragged with time

Well paid and Fun

Virgin Media has looked after me for e long time and I do feel that they have been one of the best companies that I've ever worked for great pay and job security plus benefits.

Pros

Pay and benefits plus job security

Cons

some things could be done better, like better customer care

Virgin Values

Loved my time working at Virgin Media. The company has changed a lot since but still believe the Virgin Values and fun shine through in every role. I made friends for life and still remember my experience gained at Virgin Media the most crucial for thr rest of my career.

Pros

Proud brand

Cons

Sometimes Stressful

Stressful, to many KPI’s

Being a good technician matters no more as long as you have a good NPS which forced on technicians to cover up the true rating. And you are a salesmen before you are a anything else forced to put rafs in.Also have internal Union which is ran by the company, using this system allows the to force changes up on staff without acknowledgment.

Pros

Life insurance and bumps heath care, good shift pattern

Cons

Poor salary, forced to be salesmen

Talk the talk about values but don’t walk the walk.

If you're ahead of schedule, more jobs are added to your list for the day. If you're behind, usually due to wrongly allocated time to a job, no jobs are taken off your list. Payroll dept have gatekeepers so you can never speak directly to anyone there and it's staffed by idiots, incapable of getting the simplest things right. Installation and service techs are targeted to sell/upsell and pushed relentlessly in this respect by managers. No-one gives a flying **** about you - forget everything positive you read about Virgin. In previous jobs the Virgin ethos of looking after staff, as happy and engaged people provide excellent customer service, was held up as an example of good practice. In reality, it's all talk.

Pros

Cons

See comments

Really disappointed

All lip service. Training was five weeks on a computer system that was being replaced. All through the training the trainer had large tv on wall , playing movies. Interruptions during training and trainer was quite impatient. Eventually after training jyst dumped on a pod to answer phones on a really complicated system. Manager couldn’t help too busy booking his holidays on the computer!! I walked out never to return !!

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

Management jyst give lip service

Extremely busy and fast paced

The staff and managers here are great however senior managers can be manipulative and the company works on a "if you face fits you'll go far ethos". The job itself is actually skilled and fast paced. It takes 12 months to learn the core role. Lots of nice things like fun days and BBQs however the ipb is stressful and demanding.

Pros

Fun events and promotions. Excellent benefits

Cons

Stressful, you'll get shouted at - a lot

Wouldn’t recommend

I wouldn’t recommend working for Virgin Media. They do not trust their employees or appreciate the work employees do. It consists of long hours and management that have one rule and employees that have another rule!

Fun and exciting times

If an incentive driven job is what your looking for and a fun working atmosphere with a family like place to be. Then Virgin media is the place to go loved everything about the business only reason I left was to start my own company.

Pros

Free parking. Cheap virgin services

Cons

Stuck inside

Average over worked underpaid

Your routed to silly times you ask for help but no one can because they over book everything under staffed over worked you never finish in your allocated hours in all not a very satisfying experience

Pros

Cheap virgin service staff discount

Cons

Over worked under paid

Stressful and micromanaged

The job itself, meaning the calls you take are incredibly easy to just get on and do if you've ever worked in this industry before. However, this job gets a lot harder when you are constantly badgered by managers and ops managers alike, from stats to taking breaks at the exact right time.

Pros

A lot of holiday days given

Cons

Micromanagement and constant badgering

Fun, supportive

Great benefits. Brilliant atmosphere enjoyed every minute of my career within virgin. Was with them 9 years. Good advancement opportunities would recommend to anyone

Pros

Pension and life insurance

Cons

Some managers aren't as supportive as others

Bullying and manipulative

Training, job package/benefits are great.This all changes when you start for real. Oppressive target based culture with bullying from top down and peers. Massive pressure to work extended hours not just to meet targets but to exceed them.Bosses shaming individuals in group calls with the team for those who don't perform on a particular day.Customer service culture is non existent. The whole idea is to get as much money out of the customer whatever their real needs. Post sales support is terrible.

Pros

Great package

Cons

Have to sell your soul

Not fun

Overworked and underpaid, no job progression unless your face fits. Management not helpful and always seeking high kpi's. I'd never recommend this place to anyone.

Job sucks

Company does not have your back more interested in delivering there rubbish serviceTheir stock system is a joke, Would strongly recommend a different career,

Pros

Cons

Long hours moody customers

Just a number or robot

Expect to work and be available 24/7 and no senior support with mental health and not able to make mistakes, one must judgement you will be thrown under a bus terrible how dismiss mental health issues.

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hours and bad management

Related to Sales department, customer facing sad regime

Some excellent managers and others too long in their position. Selling but not really caring for individual customers. Just playing the numbers game for sales and coverimg each other department follies. Its very sad to see, but I pray other areas care more about their customers and sales service like we used to years ago. Excellent trainers who know whats wrong but stay quiet. I was chastised for looking after a person with special needs becouse management really, (in my case) didn't care.

Pros

Uniform and equipment

Cons

Tracking unfairly used

Shambolic company to work for..

If your looking to work here DONT! I worked here as a customer service advisor and it was a shambolic experience. Your expected to resolve faults as well as deal with complaints, refunds, payments and sales. The office breach COVID rules and regulations in so many different ways, long hours, diabolical management, unprofessional two faced staff, no support given and expect you to be perfect in every aspect! Overall a horrific experience would not recommend to anybody

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement