Virgin Media
View all Virgin Media reviews

Virgin Media

Virgin Media Employee Review

Very poor management setup

Have agents who are managing a team but are not trained to management standards but lead a team and not paid any extra money for the pleasure. Lots of agents are desperate to become a manager to avoid taking calls and are willing to crush any agent to make the acting managers look good. Not a very good place to work. Great brand but poor management. After initial training be prepared to do 95% of ongoing training within your own time. And if you have holidays and come back to work don’t expect any time to catch up on any updated processes or learning. Also if you ask for support you will also find yourself battling with shift management to take an escalation you be asked have you done this that and everything else ? . No relationship with managers unless your sucking up to managers. When staff party pictures are published you will normally find majority are managers. Management are so disengaged with its advisors. Also most management would never take calls again and only do if have no choice. Not all managers are bad but majority need to do some actual work and not be in meetings all day almost every shift. Could you imagine if I came in to work and all I kept saying was I am learning and reading up on things and don’t take any calls. A lot of managers are clueless and need to reach out to other managers regular to resolve issues if managers don’t know how to resolve issues how they expect agents to resolve customer issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Working for a while is okay.

Honestly from my point of view I didnt enjoy much working there ,as Managers keep pushing you for targets everyday .Pay is okay , but with the rising inflation not good enough .

Pros

No fixed shift pattern
Same role

Hard working fun organisation

Great company, I have now been tupeed to 3rd party contract sitel. atmosphere change in contact centre, people are great and managers mostly have a sense of direction. Less communications from senior leadership team.
Same location

remote work available

you have training in a class setting, then you train on the phones , after that you get put in your team. you get the option to work from home. hardest part of the job is when you get and your conversion goes down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Virgin Media with

• Virgin Media
  • Very poor management setup
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?