Virgin Money

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Bad management, pay is weak

Bad management from the top - we were meant to work from home but a year later everyone in the office is still clueless as to when/how this will happen.Low level management is lax, definitely a favourites game, and training is minimal before having to rely on each other for learning as you go (while on calls with customers).Pay doesn’t reflect well on what we do, but in comparison to base pay overtime rate is decent.The turnover is massive, constantly hiring new people, guess they don’t have time to train everyone fully.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Company is a joke, would never bank with them either

Boring standard financial services role

I was a team leader in the lovely Edinburgh office, however only the lawyers etc sit in the nice part, all the minions are in the basement literally underground.The systems in use are terrible, interminable million click processes to do the slightest thing.Almost all the staff are odd and introvert.Very ckiquey and a very strange environment.Salary was awful too.

Pros

Central location

Cons

Boring, you cant change anything, frustrating systems and processes

Excellent

Best company I have ever worked for. Very supportive with any problems. In house occupational therapist for any problems in home life. Excellent support from managers and team leaders. Brilliant training in all areas.

Pros

Excellent management team

Cons

Not there anymore Short term contract

Fast paced workplace

Fast paced workplace and same as most banks at the moment (Covid) very busy. Teams are friendly and there is a lot of history and experience in the company from Yorkshire Building society and Clydesdale bank.

No comment

Very close - knit staff and encourages staff events.Great charitable spirit especially for the London Marathons as Virgin Money are the sponsors.They do receive all kinds of customers.

Pros

Good bonuses.

Cons

No comment

Fantastic

Excellent place to work and Would recommend to anyone that is looking to move company to apply for any roles. Management, staff and working conditions all fantastic

Management were very unhelpful and you could never approach with a problem I felt very alone and there was a lot of clicks with in the business nobody worked as a team

Pros

9-5 working

Cons

Never worked as team

Crazy

The first month or two is relaxed but once onto the main floor expect to hear the same thing about 6 times in a row. Which is fair enough, but when working 12 hour shifts to try grab the sweet overtime money it does take its toll.

Customer Focused Workplace

It was a good place to work with encouraging behaviors. Purpose led organisation wanting to disrupt the status quo of banking. It provides different opportunities than a standard bank

bank

I am contracted from Corps security. Meet and greet at reception Issue permanent and temporary passes to staff and visitors. Report repairs Reconcile passes Hold and issue keys for x 5 buildings

Pros

local to me

Cons

long shidt

Productive and fun place to work

In 6 years with the company i have managed to go into the team as a post graduate (IT analyst) to a Senior Analyst progressing steadily in my career as my experience and aid from those around me grows. The best part of the job is the people there as they make the day-to-day so enjoyable.

Excellent place to work

Enjoyed my time while working here now looking for a new challenge. All staff are very friendly and welcoming. There are many benefits from working for Virgin money.

Management and HR Issues

The work tasked with is fine with no issues there just the management and HR are a nightmare. Not the company to work for if have any underlying medical issues/mental heath concerns. They act as though try to help but the ASP they put you on is a simple tick box as protocol and try every which way to discipline you for not sticking to it. Working there has made my mental health worse the last few years but if no issues as such then likely a fine place to work.

I find this a good place to work, there is a relaxed atmosphere in the office including dress code, and the current management are far removed from the numbers and target driven previous team. Lots of progression opportunities for younger members of staff.

Productive, collaborative place to work with great people

Virgin Money embodied the ethos of Virgin, which has resulted in low employee turnover in the last 10 years. I have learnt a lot and cut my teeth as a marketer with this organisation.

Good benefits, changing culture

Fast paced environment, currently going through a period of change, culture of the company is changing and may take some time to be established as the new entity.

Good employer, be ready for fast paced change

Day to day is usually good, with varied requirements expected. Overall the pace is quick, and change is constant, especially following the CYBG takeover. Lower levels of management are good, there are a lot of layers the further up the line you go, which doesn't always add value. The people on the front line are great, and friendships are built quickly and for life. Overall would recommend working here

Pros

Salary, Enployee Benefits, Front Line Colleagues, Customers

Cons

Too many layers with upper management

Excellent place to work, always loads of interesting work to get involved in and the people are friendly and helpful. Only downfall is the lack of training available.

Enthusiastic, friendly and honest

Virgin Money is a great place to work. They are equally customer-focused as they are employee-focused. Lots of room for progression and growth. Approachable and honest management who understand the family and worklike balance.

The Happiest Years of My Worklife

I worked for Northern Rock/Virgin Money from 1997 to 2012. I didn’t appreciate it at the time but it was the best company I ever worked for. Great culture, interesting work and colleagues who have become life long friends.

fast pace environment

it was okay. the day could either go quick if it was busy or slow if it wasn't. job is quite easy once you getr used to it,custome.....................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Money. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement