Virgin Trains

Virgin Trains Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Good Experience

PART TIME ROLE good management 4 till 10 shift Friendly staff and nice working environment worst part of the job is late hours most enjoyable the colleagues

one of the best

one of the best company's i ever worked for. There was always something different every day it would never be the same i think thats what made it so interesting.

Great to be part of Virgin flying high the flag

I thoroughly enjoyed working for the company and helping the customers with impartial information. Virgin was made special through Sir Richard Branson marketing and appearance at the station when he visited the staff. It was such a buzz and happy memories from his visits.

Pros

Meeting Sir Richard Branson

Cons

competitive attitudes

Frantic but enjoyable

All the staff are a pleasure to work with and we all get along very well as well as the management. The hardest part of the job is the parents who don't want to book an appointment to change there mind which is very satisfying.

Enjoy work for this company for 16 years, with working long shifts which doesn’t fit round my family life. I’ve Learn’t to engage with many different types of people.

Pros

Free train travel

Cons

Uniform

Generally a good organisation

I found that the job as a Customer Service Assistant was very engaging. I liked the work. It was very manageable and there is plenty of inspection to make sure standards are met. I thought that I received excellent training both before starting and on the job. I believe that this role gave me a good opportunity to really enhance my customer service abilities. A very good organisation with good policies

Pros

Good pay, excellent training managable work

Cons

Confidence is highly rated certain characters may have to compramise who they are to succeed

Fun

Boss place to work lovely people, management care. Always get the odd dodgy moaning service manager like Mrs JC Manchester but other than that I would recommend the job to anyone. Best time of my working life there so try it out you'll love it.

Pros

Everything amazing

Cons

Fast paced, face to face business

Fantastic company where I have spent the last 26 months, job security and life time benifits are a major factor within this company. Confidence within staff through the support provided makes this position a positive place & role to work.

Pros

Free Travel, excellent pension, free lunches & staff productivity.

Cons

Long days

Amazing colleagues and good work place to work

I have been working for virgin trains for over 12 years now but I must say it's amazing place to work... The company always supports you when take extraordinary decision for customers or you go out of you boundaries to help customers. The work colleagues are amazing and we are more as family members than just work colleagues.

Pros

Free first class travel for you and your family, 75% Discount on train fare on other train companies

Cons

Work can be stressful some times

Nice place to work at

Receiving inbound calls from clients and when required making outbound calls to assist clients in resolving technical problems. Processing client orders within given time frames and liaising with the right departments to ensure that the requests have been received. Responding to client queries and assisting them in seeking solutions and where required, referring them to the appropriate departments.

Fun place to work

Fun place to work, Good benefits, Good co-workers, Working with public, Fast paced work. Lots of training given to help with job

Everyday is different and exciting

One of the best jobs i've ever had. Everyday is different dealing with customers and travelling to different locations all over the country. Working with different depots and different backgrounds was a joy to work with, along with learning and understanding everyday. No matter how busy or quiet the day was, your peers always made the day move faster and enjoyable. No wonder why no one really leaves their job at Virgin as everyone is very happy!

Pros

Travelling all over the country

Cons

Long delays on rail network

Best work place

Greatest place I have ever worked for and will continue working for them until I retire. You have fun, meet great people and you can never stop enjoying the relaxation of this company.

Busy exciting job

A typical day involved preparing First Class from tables to meals. Whilst working there i learned Silver Service and working in the onboard shop. Management worked with you as part of a team and my co-workers were friendly and helpful The hardest part of the job was getting used to the travel sickness on the Trains. The most enjoyable part of the job was landing my Dream Job.

Cons

The early shifts

productive workplace

I enjoyed my overall experience volunteering at Virgin Trains, dealing with different customers and dealing with different Situation.

Pros

when not busy got to go home or to lunch early

Cons

getting up early

The Railway Workplace

Ever since being a young lad i've always wanted to work on the railway and it became a dream come true with Virgin, being on the other side of the business but it soon didnt seem the same and my passion was being ridiculed at work and the job didn't feel what it did at the beginning. The job itself, hardwork, persistance and teamwork were the main characteristics, management were very keen on mistake checking, however this wasn't an issue for me. A brilliant 6 months however after my probation period came to an end it was decided to leave the company

Pros

Free travel pass whilst off duty

Cons

Unsociable hours, hour commuter

good!

very good company, enjoyed work, never have the same day twice, get too meet some lovely people

Interesting and different workplace

I enojyed working for virgin trains, but unfortunatly was only employed as a temp through agency. The job itself was interesting and fun, but some of the hours were long and tiring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Trains. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

3.7Job security/advancement

Compare Virgin Trains with

• Virgin Trains
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?