Visa

United Kingdom75 reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,053 reviews
changecultureteamgoodlotplaceenvironmentbenefit

okay place to work

Love my job! Opportunities to progress if you want to and everything advertised internally first. If you want to be busy then ideal, if you want to be sat waiting for calls then you need to change your career. Yes, there are times when you can’t always get the shifts you want but plenty of times when you can, that’s what flexibility is, works both ways!!

Very rewarding

I found the work culture very supportive, very friendly and understanding. There were many travel opportunities and a chance to job share. Love and admire the people that worked with me.

Insights into Visa

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Sales Excellence Manager

good company to work forgreat benefits and pension schemeslow decision makingno progressionmanagement team takes ages to approve salarysome managers are micro-managers

Great place to be

The foundation of a great workplace lies in a culture of trust and engagement that unites management and the workforce in a common vision that’s not only about success but that describes the type of organisation an employer wants to be. “We’re talking about very intentional, people-centric culture".

Pros

Benefits and career progression

Contractor within Finance / Procurement

From start to finish my experience at VISA was nothing less than atrocious. I can only speak of the team with which I was working as I met some lovely people on site (from other floors & departments). The interview process was a joke. I was told about the role & obviously impressed at 1st interview and immediately invited for a 2nd with head of department. The head of department had a completely different idea of what was required for the role, obviously both bosses were unaligned in terms of requirements, and I was told a week or so later I'd been unsuccessful. Cut to - a week after that, they'd had a complete turn around and decided they DID want to offer me the job! This should have been a giant red flag! (We live and we learn.)Then came the screening process which took around 5 or 6 weeks before a start date could be finalised. This was just the start of the nightmare... Once I'd started I soon realised my line manager was extremely controlling, micro managing & unprofessional. I'd be spoken to unprofessionally whilst at my desk space to the point that everyone sitting in close proximity would hear the commotion & approach me about it later, extremely concerned. I'd be followed all the way to ground floor to IT when experiencing laptop or application issues, I'd be spied on like a hawk and beckoned over when returning from toilet breaks or if I'd stopped to talk to a member of the team on the way back to my desk from the kitchen, I'd be approached whilst in the middle of knowledge transfer sessions with team members and accused of imposing on their time (even when they'd -

Pros

Great location, close to restaurants & sainsburys

Cons

Toxic culture, clueless senior management, self serving leaders

Nice place to work

Great work life balance, comes across as a company that cares for its staff. Some conflict with Visa Inc in America I do not wish to add any further information but I can not exit out of this review process

Great Technologies - Good location

Great subject matter experts, good projects, interesting work and a friendly set of people. The project was at times stressful but we all came thru in the end.

Good but not easy to progress

Good place to work but no much room for progressing up. Collaboration across teams is difficult to achieve. Management lacks deep understanding of what happens in lower levels of the organisation.

Excellent Company but no leadership

Great company to work for, really exciting products but poor leadership within certain departments. People are friendly and easy to work with, strong collaboration across the organisation. Processes are very heavy and slow things down.

Productive and Good place to work

Fast paced and very busy for the Contract. Hardest part of the job, was the Physical element of the contract. I enjoyed working with the Team and the different Office Locations we had to go to for the Project.

Pros

Excellent Workplace Restaurant

Cons

None as far as i can tell.

Busy but productive experience

My work experience at Visa consisted of working in different areas such as Card Design, Membership/Licensing. I learnt about Visa’s aims and corporate structure. I also looked in-depth at how Visa is expanding globally and ways in which they are tapping into new markets and working with FinTechs.

Pros

First-hand experience and good insight of how the company works

Cons

Could be tedious at times

Enjoyed my time there

Lots of change to contend with, managing expectations was difficult and working with colleagues in California was also tough due to the time differences

Great team

Typical Day - hands on Great leadership Great team and team work flexible working free coffee/fruits Great office Innovation centre which should be visited

Fun workplace

Busy and focussed. I enjoyed working on the project and had a good working relationship with everyone on the department. Would definitely recommend working for Visa Europe

Good

Great organisation to work and learn. Has an international feel and many employees from different countries. Good location in Paddington and amazing colleagues.

During the merger....

A very stressful place to work during the merger, lots of great people being let go who were very experienced. I was glad to leave and escape the corporate atmosphere

Competitive, political yet interesting

Significant organisation led by old boys network of back biters. However, this version of Visa no longer exists as Visa Europe ceased in 2015 and became part of Visa International managed from California

Super

Super Arbeitgeber mit guten Nebenleistungen und fairen Arbeitsbedingungen.

Excellent company

Great work place culture location excellent. Good job prospects. Team spirit is good. The gym is located closely to the office. Great choice of restaurants close to the office

Diverse and enjoyable place to work

Relxed work culture with no micro management. You were trusted well to do your job and given plenty of freedom to make your own decision for ways of working.

Exciting Industry and they are the leader

The growth in the industry is exponential and now is a time for exciting things. VISA have great ideas and it could be amazing but things are slow and getting things done can be challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Visa with

Learn about Visa in popular locations

• Visa