Vision For Education

Vision For Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom107 reviews

agencyplacementsupplyteachingschooltermeducationstaff

Productive and collaborative

This company was very friendly and literally just amazing overall, the staff who provided the work are so supportive and always have work booked in every friday so you know where you are how many days and hours you work each week!

Pros

Lots of support, friendly staff

Horrible

If I were you I would go with a different agency, they are the WORST, don’t care about staff and don’t deliver what they promise!!!No communication between staff

Pros

Cons

Liars!!!

Insights into Vision For Education

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Vision for Education

It’s worth considering the fact it’s an agency and therefor you don’t get sick pay and your holiday pay is sneakily hidden in your actual wage so you’re actually earning less then is advertised. However for an agency I’ve found they are helpful getting you work and the work is very rewarding and the correct placement for your background. The work is there it’s just the pay that doesn’t reflect what you do.

Great place but limited opportunity

Great agency to work for but suddenly stopped receiving opportunities to work and after a while heard no communication and stopped getting calls for opportunities.

Plenty of work

There are always shifts/hours going so I have never gone without work. We are underpaid for what we do, we sometimes don't know about work til early the same morning, some work is quite a distance from home so I'd definitely recommend driving when working for this company.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay

Don’t protect their staff

If you visit a school and make any complaints be prepared to not receive an apology back or any further action. Agency will just send you to a different setting. If you report to the headteacher (at any given school) be prepared to be pushed into the corner by your agency and indirectly get yelled at for expressing emotions and ruining lives of staff you complained about . Agency will not take on board your emotional well being or mental health . Will make you feel guilty and shunned for complaining . Will throw allegations on you for ‘breaching confidentiality’ to scare you off and withdraw complaints without providing you with any solid proof . If pay is discussed Agency will strongly shut you down and will never negotiate price based on your skill ~set or value to their company . Agency will not support single mothers or be empathetic with childcare commitments. It’s all about profit and who can work for a not so good pay.

SEN Learning support assistant

It was a great company to work for. The management were great and they found me great placements and a temp to permanent position in a college less than a month! During Covid lockdown they were really supportive to staff.

Pros

Good placements and Good supportive management

Cons

No work in holidays

A superb education agency

I have enjoyed working with them for nearly 4.5 years. Always found them friendly and approachable. Never felt work was lacking through them.I hope to continue with Vision.

Pros

Flexibility. Reliable. Honest

Cons

Agency work isn't for everybody.

Supportive workplace

I have been working for Vision for over a year now - they are always very busy and have many contracts in many schools so always have work available. The staff are kind, supportive and determined to help you find the right placement.

Avoid - use other agencies.

I was promised work and needed up being left with none for weeks. The pay is less than other agencies and they tell you if there’s no work to just sign onto universal credit rather than help you get work. I was supposed to be on a permit placement but last minute was told not to go back for an unknown reason but they sent other staff into the school. Day and days I was left not know what to do. They have no communication at all. They tell you they have loads of work but they don’t yet they will keep advertising for other people to join. I promise you they have no work for you!!! They have been advertising for people in the Newcastle area to join but they don’t have work for you. You will make around £58 a day but other companies offer at minimum £65. Awful company they don’t care.

Pros

Cons

So so so many

Brilliant agency!

Vision are great to work for, they provide well paid work very regularly and are understanding when you are unavailable for work. Management are lovely. There are staff drinks regularly wherein the atmosphere is casual and everybody is made to feel valued (pre covid). They provide excellent training opportunities to keep you up to date and certified with safeguarding and GDPR etc. Definitely recommend!

Pros

Management and training

Cons

Inconsistent work at times & no holiday pay

Considerate and caring

Having worked for this group, for over 2 years, currently in another role due to, Covid and no, supply, I would only ever work for this supply agency because of their reliability, clear and consistent process and access to training opportunities. They are protective of their workforce and always look for the most beneficial roles to, suit you. Whilst I am currently not able to undertake supply they are still working to find me a full time role and I am grateful for all, they do, have done and continue to do. All other supply have let me down and Vision are the only one worth working for.

Pros

Reliability

Cons

Covid destroying supply teaching.

Teaching assistant

Been allowed to work there for 3 months now sadly only worked 1 day. Rubbish communication I hardly ever get called in. Wasted money on dbs and to update it to the service online. Never call me in and when do it’s miles away. Take lots of money of from tax and not worth it at all

Pros

Cons

Hardly get called in

No work at all

So when I took this job I was promised constant work in my area. In the last 3 month I haven't worked a single day for them, there has been no work whatsoever. As a single parent I have to pay for childcare so I have wasted money putting my child in nursery with the promise for work daily, to then be given no work at all.Absolutely furious with the company. Total joke

Pros

Cons

Shocking, liars, promise for work and give you none

Excellent agency

They are fantastic - always so friendly, professional and working hard to find placements to match your requests/availability. Get job after one week I joined them . Communication with the team is excellent. They are honest and care about you.Would definitely recommend them .

Pros

Plenty job

Cons

N/a

Reliable agency for supply teachers

There is usually plenty of work to be had if you are not fussy where you go. I was put into guaranteed 3days a week contract up until COVID 19 hit schools. The daily rate of pay is a little more than some other agencies depending on you experience. The staff are always really polite and friendly. They do their best to fit in with your needs.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No pay over summer holidays

Amazing Support for Supply teachers.

During these uncertain times, Vision have continued to provide exceptional support and cover work. I am well informed and the staff are soo friendly. They value your input and place you accordingly.Highly recommend Vision for Education.

Unprofessional

They are not aware of the current legislation and not clear during the interview process . Lack of transparency and support after the interview process .Too many ambitious young staff not competent and with no experience in the educational sector. A blaming culture amongst staff which shows very poor internal communication .

Bad communication

I have been extremely disappointed with this company. I signed up in June and have been finding it difficult to get in touch with them. I speak to difference people constantly, and there is no communication between the members of staff asking me over and over for the same documents. I have emailed them about some issue about my documents to try and start working and they have not got back to me and I have given up with this company. I want to work and be able to teach but I just feel disapointed with this company.

Cons

Communication

Extremely supportive and friendly

I have worked for Vision for Education for quite some time now, this being my second time and I couldn't recommend them enough. All staff are extremely supportive, friendly and genuinely want to find work that suits you and your circumstances. They are flexible and the pay is very competitive. I have always felt like a valued worker and would never contemplate joining another agency. Thank you for everything!

fast and stressful environments

Fast environment with lots of different work locations. The good things were creating social meetups with music and buffet. Various settings all over Manchester

Pros

meet ups, chose when to work

Cons

not enough income and work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vision For Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement