Vitality UK

Vitality UK Employee Reviews

Only could handle around 3 months , the staff you work with are lovely but the job is a lot harder then they make out & if you don’t hit targets they don’t hesitate to get rid at the first opportunity possible. My mental health definitely took a hit after working here , constant stress and worry over targets that are practically impossible.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Mental health is in shatters
Worked for this company for around 4 months, passed my training which was made out to be more difficult that it was.once on the floor the training staff are all smiley to your face and encouraging but constantly snitching behind your back.Management is non existent, If you take a day off for sickness you are constantly pestered and threatened you will be fired if you are off again.out of the 10 people I started with only 1 person still works there.The place is a joke, the claims team i was in was awful no work life balance would not recommend
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
horrible shift struct, poor management, office politics, all about favouritism.
Could only handle 3 weeks of the training before I handed in the towel. Class room environment and on the spot questions in front of your group over Microsoft Teams, working from home. Treated like a child, if I went quiet because I was concentrating and making notes I was rudely and abruptly asked if I was still there, very off putting and patronising. Constant role playing with other trainees whilst trainers/managers went into other calls, felt very lazy and poorly organised. Often made to role play scenarios with the trainer in front of the entire group and pressure was piled on if you couldn’t answer a question. Woeful experience, worst way possible to learn a new role.
Pros
Cons
Terrible training, impatient management
By far the best place I’ve worked, management are so supportive. Salary is great - you would struggle to find anything similar for the same work. It’s hard work and doing good things and I love working here, would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Free breakfast, positivity among management and colleagues
Cons
Hours are quite random
This company has strong values and they do try to stick to those. But it is still a big company that you will get lost in, you are a number unfortunately.
Benefits
Cons
De humanizing
Whilst working here I was made to feel robotic and had little opportunity to actually make a difference. Its very much a culture of telling on people to get them in trouble for you to succeed. Long hours with minimal breaks. Scruffy offices and no team spirit. Would avoid.
Pros
easyto get to
Cons
work life balance, culture, being forced to be robotic.
B2B sales Worse place ive worked in my life. They only care about commission Dont give you enough chances or support Boring sat a screen all day getting abuse from people off the phone Trying to forve people to buy buisness insurance
Pros
Commissions were good
Cons
Everything about the place was bad
The job is fine, the facilities are decent, great onsite restaurant with lovely staff but the management is a farce. The senior management are completely out of touch with the realities of the job. You were expected to hit sales targets regularly but the data was a mess and you could be ringing 50+ dead lines a day, 50+ numbers that a don't belong to the company you have listed, you spend the day fishing through cheap incorrect data and getting yelled at for not meeting targets. They say no cold calling but no one I've ever spoken to had requested or was expecting a call.
Pros
Pay is ok and the hours are regular. No random shift patterns.
Cons
Management are target driven but don't provide staff with what they need to meet them.
The roles at vitality are wide ranging and their employment packages are good. Sometimes it can be hard to receive the correct training and from personal experience it is hard to increase your salary. I would however recommend them as a place to work as they are great with personal circumstances and the people are friendly and understanding.
Good place to work, good atmosphere with good people. The role.was interesting and the product is a great, however there were some unrealistic expectations of staff at times and a ruthless unreasoning compliance hub. Management are slow to admit fault and quick to blame sales staff for errors especially when there is a mountain of evidence to show management have been at fault.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vitality UK?
I once enjoyed working for this company a few years ago (thought I'd already added my review!), there were always management-cronies and the ignorant colleagues but most were ok and the Administration work was good (sign in, work about 25-30 cases a day). Until senior management suddenly announced (literally) that they were outsourcing the bulk of the work to India, leaving the Admin teams non-plussed and angry- even some Team Leaders left beforehand, maybe knowing what was coming? Many of the staff who remained moved to Claims or went on the Phones, both of which many dreaded- some faces that fitted were chosen to stay in a small core of Admin they kept. Team managers (including one or two sleazy ones that joined about this time) then sneakily decided to cherry pick their 'favourites' to stay in their teams - and LIED about it. One or two (pretty) employees got over-promoted on the TL's recommendations also. The atmosphere became very toxic, unfair and snipey, causing real stress and anxiety for many. Favourites were the key, face-fitting and oh- beware what you put on Social media- these are way worse for snooping and disciplining staff (quite often without real cause) than decent companies are. The only good thing I have to say is that the benefits are good (cinema tickets, gym discounts, shopping savings etc)- you work towards them earning points on fitbits/V website by actually living healthily. Hope the management and atmosphere are better now than then? Good luck!
Vitality have no regard for their staff. God help you if you have any mental health problems as the company will not help you, you are slowly put in a position where you have to leave. Have seen countless people start and leave before they pass probation as it is such a miserable place to work. Avoid like the plague.
Vitality have strong values and a strong core purpose which not only changes peoples lives but helps in you very day life in work also. Vitality Is a wonderful place to work.
Absolutely shocking place to work, I only stuck around because it was close to my house and that made it easier for me to be home for my child. Eventually, I HAD to leave as I couldn’t handle the nastiness and lack of compassion and empathy. I was a member of staff here for four years, in this time I watched colleagues work themselves poorly to hit targets that were increased regularly during times they really shouldn’t be. There was no chance for progression unless you were friends with current management and your ‘face fits’. I watched them bully members of staff until they resigned. I watched colleagues and experienced myself a lack of compassion towards mental health too. Having been spoken down to a number of times, I begun to notice They would only do the bare minimum to make out like they cared and to cover their own backs. Management are Except for a few are cold and callous and very condescending towards staff. They do not see their staff as people but more as numbers to line their own pockets with money.
The best thing about Vitality are your colleagues. 1 week before my time in the Academy was due to end I was told that if I didn't hit all of the KPI's I would be losing my job. I was over achieving on every KPI except inbound calls, over which an agent has absolutely no control. The exact words used in the meeting they conducted with me were "let's hope and pray you get the right kind of calls". My job was literally hanging on a hope and a prayer. Needless to say I am no longer with Vitality and would not recommend it to anyone. Stay away, they have no clue what they're doing!
Worst Job i have ever had Stay away Terrible management long hours not good pay High staff turnover No perks Managemnet have favourites If you do not fit in you will not get anywhere
Pros
Work Colleagues
Cons
Awful place to work. Watch the never ending conveyor belt of staff as they have their probation pulled forward and then be thrown away. Toxic leadership breeds a toxic work environment and culture. Management are the playground bullies who are not good for people's mental health.
internal recruitment Sourcing candidates through various job posting boards. Cold calling and scheduling telephone interviews, if successful they would be brought into an assessment centre which i would run. Usually between 10-14 candidates in assessment centres every Tuesday evening.
Perks with the firm are great with the events put on etc. Very target driven which can put pressure on you as an individual but as long as you are reaching targets then all is fine. Great work mates, fantastic product line.
Exciting workplace. I really enjoyed my time there. It was very challenging at times but the training was great and the support from the management was always there.
A difficult role to work in but with great benefits and career progression is good and well supported by managers. Good feedback to help improve progess
  1. Employee reviews