VMware

VMware Employee Reviews

Company is very active in creating a culture reflected by its EPIC2 values. Teamwork is quite important at the work place. Unlike other IT companies with very relaxed culture, the dress code for VMware is generally seen as smart casual. You are given various opportunities to grow your own skills by taking part in service learning days.
Positive environment and an investment in its staff. Collaborative and willingness to share knowledge. Highly technical focused and fast paced. Management, like many other businesses, have the good and bad. On a whole, the people (including managers) are great to work with and always willing to help where possible.
You are given the empowerment to suceed and shine.This was by far the best job that I have ever had in my career so far. I am looking forward to the next challenge.
A typical day at work involves client meetings and meetings with our consultants, keeping on top of all the projects running in our department and assigning out all new projects.
VMware is an amazing company to work for! They treat thier staff really well. The strategy is on point, everyone knows thier individuals goals and objectives.
Pros
Free Breakfasts
Cons
No Cons
Highly recommended company to work for. Loved the set up, products and senior leaders.
Cadre de travail agréable et rémunération généreuse.
Telephone interview with Irish based hr team. Polite and informative. Invited to interview and then nothing. How rude. Did not respond to emails or calls and simply ignored me. If this is anything to reflect on wiring with this company, I dodged a bullet and happy not to work with this company.
Pros
Cons
Rude employees
Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful with helping you succeed in what you do. The atmosphere is amazing with great intern activities. You are made to feel part of the team.
I have worked with this company regularly as a contractor. They are fantastic to deal with, very friendly and professional. They treat their freelancers very well
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at VMware?
Fantastic, forward thinking organisation that is a pioneer of virtualisation technology. Great working culture with lost of opportunity for growth. 10/10.
Pros
Working culture
Cons
it is very good to work here and i have found it a nice and learning environment for me, Management and work place culture is very good as for as my role is concern. The hardest part is some time different users turn up same time with different issues and enjoyable day is when I handle task as team work because I have found it a learning day for me.
I would support client requests for organisations using VM Ware and NetApp products. Any technical issues would be sent across to developers. I enjoyed speaking with different people that wanted to address their virtualisation needs and discuss upcoming projects.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Isolation
Este si es un empleo donde tuve experiencias relacionadas con trabajar bajo presión, ya que era un programa en vivo, se enviaban capsulas a Miami para ser retransmitidas por CNN, todo tenia que estar perfectamente editado y coordinado, lo cual te enseña a estar listo ante cualquier adversidad.
Pros
Vacaciones, prestamos financieros, descuento en vuelos.
Cons
La directiva muchas veces carecia de calidad humana.
VMware has a bad habit of hiring top talent, and then leaving them to carry out trivial tasks, directed by an unqualified old-boy's network in Palo Alto. Very frustrating. The company has no issue with taking all the time you are willing to give, and a lot more. Consistently very late nights and early mornings, regular carry-over of several weeks of holiday every year, and still the underlying feeling that you are not doing enough to keep your job.
Pros
Good name for CV
Cons
Poor Global leadership. Feels lost in the current market.
 Developed an Enterprise business team from 3 talented senior client managers to 11 within 10 months.  Created a high performance culture based on the core competencies of personal accountability, visionary solution sales, client leadership with C-level engagement, and self-development within an organisational career framework.  Established personal CXX relationships which led to closing significant $multi-million revenue wins and long term opportunities in: JLR, Fidelity, Sainsbury’s M&S, QBE, BWIN, Nomura, LBG, Virgin, BSKYB.  Formed a scalable sales organisation matrix, aligning senior executive resources, incorporating brand overlay specialists, and services-led client engagements. Within this instilled a concise and disciplined sales process, with a documented client pipeline management view of the business long term.  Enhanced the sales methodology by executing a 2-year strategic plan delivering clear client value visions involving direct CXX sponsorship, which resulted in significant increases in the overall NPS score. Each client vision was then formalised and aligned through a tailored account-based marketing program which articulated the vision against their business strategy.  Implemented new sales processes and operational programs that provided clear value visions, and through this built a strong commercial capability within each of the client managers. This is now used across the organisation.  Developed a 3-year internal program to drive long-term business success focusing on client intimacy and increasing value from new routes to market with a special - more...
Pros
Great technology, and team
Cons
VMware retains an entrepreneurial feel within a corporate and highly successful structure