Vodafone
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Vodafone Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,126 reviews

Found 1,126 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,376 reviews

Boring and dull work, high targets

Normla retail work, you are a robot that must hit all their stats every month or forgo bonus. No path for progression, busy days that can be stressful and stressful customers.

Great

Vodafone its self was great the not so great part was when they were bought out by a partner agent which then didn't work great for pay structure. Would recommend working for Vodafone but not if a partner agent as you never get your bonus

Insights into Vodafone

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Progressively worse

For a company with an external view of being a great company to work for, internally is awful. Middle manager are incompetent and concerned with their own agendas and managing upwards.Constant headcount cuts with increasing pressure and workload on the remaining people. Currently there is a mass exodus going on, rats on a sinking ship. Morale is rock bottom with no care of the lower banded staff. Stress is at an all time high with no investment in systems or processes. Backwards for a tech company.

Pros

Hybrid woeking

Cons

Long hours stressful environment

Great company, Managers are the issue.

Loved the job learning about the different phones and products. Love dealing with customers. Basic pay was good and commission was on of the best. the only reason i left here because managers were horrible. i would use another word but the review would be removed.

No work life balance

Job in its self was good. Target high and unachievable but over all the job it’s self not bad. Issue is been expected to drop everything on your day off to cover. Expected to work your holiday for the business needs and not been able to plan anything. Starting earlier and later, and not getting paid for this but expected to and you had to for the role.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Work life balance

Great work environment and offers plenty of support to their youth employees

The workplace culture is amazing as there is a strong sense of community and many inclusive networks that employees can join. The work was reasonable and I was supported well by my colleagues whenever I needed help.

Pros

Friendly colleagues, good culture and work-life balance

Good opportunities & work environment

It’s a Great company to explore different departments and to Progress in. Good work culture and work life balance don’t take work home with you. Plenty of support from stakeholders and many other perks and benefits from working at Vodafone including holidays and discounts etc

Pros

Progression, salary, benefits

Cons

Poor management dependent on site

Fast paced

fast paced environment with calls coming in endlessly and always being told to shorten the breaks between calls. Training could’ve been much better than what it was

Your sacked if you can't reach targets

So I knew it was a target driven company and my pitches towards sales was fine in getting a customer to agree to something, but Vodafone's system half the time did not work and lost my sale. This leaded to me low ranking and hardly any sales due to things which were out of my control. I got let go because of this in quite a quick ruthless way. This was from a company that promises you loyalty and great things and even support if you are having a hard time reaching your targets. They do not care if you can't get a sale due to the own fault of their stupid system, all they care about is the numbers. and if there not there through no fault of your own, you'll get sacked.If your looking for something secure then don't do it. also full of cocky competitive people who think their better than anyone else. I was also spoken to quite rudely at times.

Pros

Good life balance

Cons

get sacked for not being able to hit targets

Challenging & rewarding

A fast paced environment with ever-changing priorities that keep the job fresh and exciting. Lots of opportunities available for those looking to progress.

Use and abuse

Not a great company to work for. No matter how loyal you are to them they will never see that and will look for ways to manage you out. Better off as a sales advisor really as getting to management level they will literally take the mick our of you.

Great place to work and good work-life balance is encouraged

It's a fast-paced environment. People are keen to make a difference. Good sense of community as well. Management is usually supportive and accommodating.

Pros

Good working atmosphere, Great benefits

Cons

Intense work environment in certain areas

fun work environement

the best thing about the workplace was the people. people from different backgrounds. management was friendly and helpful. Main bad thing was no progression

Pros

good office and canteen

Cons

no progression

One of the worst places I have worked…

Staff are like children.. no support or help given when needed management have to empathy or compassion no real training given and harassed about meeting targets that are unrealistic 100% using pressure sales techniques

Management is poor

Management very inexperienced and poor.Would not work at this specific store due to constant rubbish off management. Management team were in relationships, very unprofessional.Will team up to get you out of the business.Turning up early every day is a MUST for meetings, this will go unpaid. Doing late everyday, will go unpaid. No overtime, discounts are poor

Overall not bad, but there is planty of space for improvement.

I will speak about something that as far as I know nobody mentioned. My work is remote, and company expects me to work from home... provide all the equipment like PC, headset, and so on. But they expect me to have reliable internet connection and of certain minimum speeds. Which for me means over £300 upfront installation cost and £35/month. For the internet connection which vodafone who is ISP themselves is not fancy to provide... it is actually extremely embarrassing in my opinion. After all how You can think highly about the services you offer to the ppl if your employers is so cheap. It seams like the company is not even eager to care for itself so how it meant to care about You?

Can be great, if your partner agent is great.

Great place to work if the partner agent is understanding. Can be tricky with changes to the market and climate. Staff are great. Great place to learn the foundations of sales and customer service

Pros

Great teams

Cons

When quiet can be stressful.

Large remuneration at the very top versus staff.

It is a great place for workaholics who like a challenge. Face pace, demanding goals and little resources. While there were no pay rises in the lockdown year, some jobs were made redundant (while the work had to be picked up by others), and VF was proud that nobody was furloughed, working mothers and fathers were up round the clock trying to fit in the business hours and meet the business demands. The profits were good and consequently bonus payments were good, but the very top management continues to be remunerated unproportionately high compared to the normal staff.

Pros

Focus on personal growth (as it drives profits eventually)

Cons

Inappropriate human resources - top heavy in some areas, jerky management in terms of budgets and projects.

Good place to work but progression can be difficult

Have been over all satisfied as has been a great experience, however when pressure is put on from higher management, things begin to take a turn as it is expected to just robotically switch off feelings and answer calls non stop.

Horrendous place to work

The culture within the UK office is toxic and misogynistic. There is no direction, just chaos and blame. A lot of senior leadership have gotten to where they have by blagging their way in and then hiring their friends who are as clueless. It's the blind leading the blind. HR are aware, but are too scared to do anything about for fear of losing their jobs themselves. I have nothing good to say about this company amd absolutely would not recommend working there.

Fun sales job

Great when hitting targets can be tough in non busy months . Like any sales job November December and January are the best times. The after Christmas slump can be difficult to achieve target.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vodafone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement