Voyage Care

Voyage Care Employee Reviews

Problems need addressing

Mimimum wage for excessive workload and high expectations. Salary doesn't cover basic cost requirements for the area. Foreign staff that shouldn't be in the role at all stick to hostile cliques that cause an uncomfortable working environment and this ends up with a high staff turnover that drives out good quality workers that actually care for the service users.

Pros

Always hours available and its a job

Cons

Shifts added without consent, low salary, sleep in shifts and dodgy staff

Great job for a small support home

Management have an open door policy and are very approachable. You have some negative staff who can never be please which you find everywhere but the job is what you make of it. There's room for advancement. So long as you communicate well with your peers and management you will be fine. Management prefer openness with issues. They cant be solved if you don't speak to them. Overall the staff are lovely and very friendly, one or two negative staff who you can't please with anything. Management are approachable and friendly. Be prepared to be flexible, and don't be afraid to share your ideas. There's a decent turnaround of service users so it remains a challenge if you're up for it, but it is a lovely place to work overall.

Pros

Good staff team, good management, fantastic quality of care and support.

Cons

Must be flexible, be prepared to do a variation of days, evening shifts and a fair rotation of night shifts, doesn't suit everyone so make sure you're prepared before you apply.

productive and a wonderful place to work in

I have been working with voyage since November 2020 and I absolutely love the team I work with. the pws I love spending time with them, doing lots of amazing different activities, and also giving them time to experience new things, going out to places with them. I have been a carer for 13 years and coming from working in nursing care, dementia care and I am so glad that I decided to join our team of great people and the management team are great.

Pros

management and the other staff and also the PWS

22 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's wonderful to read you're enjoying working with us.

Reliable and fun place to work

I was working at Voyage Care for more than a year ( about 1 year 3months). It was a great experience and I am highly satisfied with the overall atmosphere in this company. I learnt a lot during my time at Voyage Care. I learnt how to be a better team player, communicator and most importantly you learn how to care for other people. You do a variety of stuff at Voyage Care, from filling up the necessary paperwork to enjoying your time with your clients. Voyage Care has loads of benefits to it. You learn a lot and you can always progress further with the education they provide to you if you want to build your career in the Care industry. As well as, you can go to cinemas, swimming pools and other activities for free as your responsibility is to bring joy to the client/clients and to care for them as much as you can. Therefore, if you are somebody who is passionate about caring and also is friendly, talkative and active then this job is the right fit for you!

Pros

Loads of things to learn, amazing people and the atmosphere, pretty good starting salary, enables self grow, reliable people with whom you can build connections that last after work.

Cons

In times can get quite stressful.

22 September 2021
It's wonderful to read you've been able to grow your skills and enjoyed doing activities with the people we support. We offer our employees V-Assure, which is a free external counselling support and advice service available 24/7. They can support you through tough times.

Better than expected

When I had my interview I didn't think this was a brilliant place to work but when I started working, I could feel straight away the "family vibes". Orchard Leigh is a place where people form a huge family and we make a great team. I love the people living here and it is a very active place. There are activities going on and there aren't two days the same.

Pros

Company benefits, free food and drinks, supportive team, my views and ideas are listened to.

Cons

sometime there are staff shortages that have an impact in the overall morale.

22 September 2021
It's lovely to read you're enjoying working with us and have settled into your role. We're working hard to recruit more people to help us provide vital care and support for vulnerable people.

Very clicky workplace

Currently working at voyage care absolutely disappointing company to work for, management are disrespectful, rude. The workplace is toxic. The service users are rude. If your face dont fit no chance. Allways getting phone calls to cover shifts on your days off.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, no balance life

22 September 2021
We'd like to know more regarding the comments made in your review. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com.

Great people we support

Don't get paid for the hours you worked on more than one occasion. Staff moral not good. Didn't get paid fot training I did in April. Very little support from field care supervisor.

Pros

Great people we support

Cons

All of it

22 September 2021
We’d like to know more regarding the comments in your review. Please get in touch with our team by sending an email to complaints@voyagecare.com.

Reassuring

I haven't yet started the job with voyage care but so far they're really good and quite quick when it comes to getting things done and keeping us updated on the progress of things before we start work.

22 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to read that you're having a positive experience through your recruitment journey.

No support for the staff

When I first got offered the job it took them well over a month to give me a start date. And in the mean time they didn’t give me any updates whatsoever. When I eventually got a start date the “team” was shocking. I felt like I had no support with anything, contradicting themselves with what they said I could and couldn’t do. We agreed for me to do my training from home as the computer wasn’t working in the office, then they proceeded to say that we didn’t agree for me to do my training at home and have refused to pay me for the training I had done. All in all, I’ve had a terrible experience.

Pros

Cons

No support for staff

8 September 2021
We're concerned with the comments made in your review and would like to know more so that we can investigate. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com.

Residents are fabulous, shame about Managers and some staff

I worked at Voyage Care for four and half years.I stayed this length of time because of the lovely residents, and the great rapour that I had with them.Unfortunately I am unable to say the same for the management and staff.The majority,being lazy and unkind people.The management, only relate too favouritism and allow these certain members of staff, to get away with unprofessional and very poor behaviour.

Pros

The residents

Cons

Long hours, poor managers lazy staff that spend the majority of their time on mobiles

8 September 2021

Jobs at Voyage Care

See more jobs

Exciting, enjoyable and fun workplace

As a current employee at Longridge Court in Stroud, Gloucestershire. My experience so far has been worthwhile. I have learned many new skills, got to meet incredible people and got to understand people’s needs and how to support them. Longridge Court is a small happy home, with a warm homely feeling. Staff are always kept busy but there’s always time for some fun and games with the residents. As a current support worker at Longridge, I enjoy helping the residents live their best life to their ability and make it as free as possible whilst supporting them with daily tasks and personal care. Longridge Court has an incredible team of hard working, friendly and enthusiastic staff who are always there to help and guide you to learning the skills in being a support worker and showing the best of one’s ability. There’s always opportunities to ask for help. People who have never worked in care before get provided all the necessary training onsite, and this is a great bonus for those who worry about getting a degree for this career or role. Other than the long hours, the days are full of things to do and this home has that happy, enthusiastic working atmosphere. I would highly recommend.

Pros

Trips out, develop friendships with other colleagues and people that we support, new life experiences, training onsite, excellent management

Cons

Long hours, low pay, home location

2 September 2021
It's great to read you like the atmosphere at Longridge court and really enjoy working with to make a difference to the lives of residents. The social care sector in general is underfunded and we aren't always able to to all we want when it comes to pay. However we do offer excellent benefits such as the Blue Light Card, funded DBS checks paid during training and much more.

Registered Manager

My job is varied and exciting, even with the added pressures of Covid. Great support from my manager and the staff teams that I manage are amazing, they give everything to their role and feel valued.I have a close relationship with my colleagues and the workplace is supportive and friendly.I would recommend Voyage to anyone especially those people who want to make a difference every day.

Pros

great team work and support

Cons

none that I think of

2 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to read that you're enjoying working with us and feel supported in your role.

Management has been very helpful from the beginning they will help you if you need it or if you ask for it. You can further your abilities in this job and climb the ladder to better yourself.The job itself is fast pace most of the time but you build an amazing working relationship with the people you support, And can get be proud of indviduals in their successes and achievements. Training is very regular and helpful and can help you develop further.

2 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's lovely to read you feel supported in your role and opportunity to develop.

If your face fits enviroment

Management are awfull. Agree hours at interview but only their favourites get the hours they want. Everyone else is expected to work things already agreed they wouldn’t be able to do. Very clicky. Some lovely staff, who all want to leave as the house manager has her favourites & makes others feel uncomfortable & is very two faced which is a shame as the service users are lovely and the job would be amazing if some management & staff where different.

Pros

Helping Service Users

Cons

Staff & Management

2 September 2021
We'd like to find out more regarding your review. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com.

Awful place to work

Long hours low pay far to bichy unless you are in the clique you are made to feel like a outcast management only deal with issues they have been made to by higher up management

Rewarding job satisfaction

I really enjoy my job , every day is varied and very rewarding I always feel supported by managementThe pws are great and a pleasure to work with and work with a good staff team

Pros

Job satisfaction

26 August 2021
It's wonderful to read you're enjoying working with us and that you feel supported in your role.

challenging

working with LD is very challenging job. Some of the clients can be sweet and lovely to look after, but in saying that they can be very misjivous and you need to have your wits about you. Some can be quite powerful and thats where your MAPA training comes in to protect yourself and handle harmful situations.

26 August 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review. The role can be challenging at times and it may not be for everybody but the people we support need this vital care and support so that they can lived fulfilled and enriched lives. Our training team, management and support teams are here to support you through training and induction so that you have the knowledge and understanding to manage challenging situations.

Nice bungalows to work in but management doesn’t listen

Management is bad, they dont really listen to you and nothing gets done with mean people that bully you and discriminate you, don't always get a reply when emailed something over and over again. Nice bungalows to work in and lovely people we support but other staff were talking about you behind your back and just was not nice. Awkward people to work with

Pros

Nice bungalows and lovely pws

Cons

Bullying

26 August 2021
We're extremely concerned with the comments made in your review. We'd like to know more so that we can investigate. Please get in touch with us by sending an email to saysomething@voyagecare.com.

Avoid avoid toxic!!!!!!!

Worst experience I've ever had working for a care company. Harassed to do extra hours. No support from managers. Wouldn't recommend my worst enemy.

Cons

No support, toxic managers

26 August 2021
We'd like to know more regarding the comments made in your review. Please get in touch with us so that we can investigate, email saysomething@voyagecare.com.

Voyage Care

Good company to work for. At the forefront of the industry. They face the same challenges that everyone else does which can make things difficult.The people in charge can be distance but they definitely care.

Pros

Great jobs

Cons

On call is not paid

26 August 2021
Thank you for taking them time to leave us a review. We aren't always able to do all we want when it comes to pay, as the social care sector in general is underfunded. However, we do offer an excellent benefits package which includes a Blue Light Card, Rewards scheme and much more.

Very clicky staff snd management have their favourites and they show it.

Long hours, click staff. Staff do not treat new staff nicely. Poor wages for the hours we do. Despite you do your best they never show there appreciation.

Pros

Local area ro home

Cons

Long hours, poor wages

26 August 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voyage Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7