Waitrose & Partners
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Waitrose & Partners Employee Reviews

Found 2,204 reviews matching the search
If you can ignore all the politics and the people only interested in self advancement then it’s not a bad company to work for.Decent benefits and discounts.
Pros
Discounts and subsidised holiday homes
Cons
Anti social hours and politics
Working at Waitrose for this past year has been very eye opening and a great kickstart before going off to university. I would highly recommend working for the company to anyone of any age group as it tailors well to everyone’s needs and outside commitments. The management is, for the most part, good and collaborative. The pay is also very fair and generous.
Would be an okay workplace except for the the social rejects you have to work with.Just like being back at school with the odd exception. Forced to replenish freezers while supervisor favourites get the cushy jobs.
Pros
John Lewis discount
Cons
Working with social rejects
Worked at the Lichfield branch for over 10 years management terrible bad for mental health no respect management lazy, mo respect your just a number don't believe the hype
Pros
Some nice partners
Cons
Management had favourites
Have found that working at waitrose different to what I expected and better than I was thinking of.Nice team atmosphere and friendly team with great support and assistance if need clear guidance.
Pros
Great team work. Friendly team.
I worked at rushden store and it was like a work family I made long term friends who are still friends now I was there for 13 years and only left because I moved away
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Great place to work. You get out what you put in. Thorough training, high standards, partners are well respected and listened to. Hard work but happy, friendly and supportive environment and great colleagues
Very unprofessional and unorganised I left after two days get a letter a month later saying they have overpaid me and now I owe them money and gave me 7 days to pay in the middle of a pandemic great understanding a company which comes across as very professional honestly can say asda is a better place to work and won't screw up on the wages.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay, unprofessional
Before getting my job at Waitrose I had minimal retail experience, having worked in an office environment for many years. This didn’t seem to matter as Waitrose seems to be an employer who values you as a person and what you will be willing to contribute to the job after training. I find this refreshing after experiencing rigorous interview techniques in my past careers.The job is a good fit for me as I am semi retired and the part time hours suit my lifestyle.The pay could and should be better as the work is hard going at times.Management are great at my store and this is a new experience for me after suffering bad management at previous workplaces.Well done Waitrose for being ‘human’!
Pros
Staff discount, free or discounted lunches and snacks, friendly environment, good management.
Cons
Pay, short (unpaid) breaks.
I really feel lucky to work at my store, I currently work here part time as I am still a student. The management are sympathetic, hard working and the wider team is like family to me. I am looking to progress within the partnership in the future as I have enjoyed working here. Also they have been very good when I have faced issues at home, and always helped when I had coursework due. Hardest part of the job has probably been covid and learning to cope with new demand/rules changing - but that's expected. Really enjoy the benefits of the job and the food is great.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, good benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Waitrose & Partners?
The Job was okay in someway but I had too leave due too my mental health there are 2 great manager who are are men who understand my mental health when I got the job there put me straight on CSA which I didn't enjoy very much and always short staff when I need too get someone on the till. But the partners are nice people.
Pros
Benefits, Made friends
Cons
Pay, Not mental health friendly, lack of Staff
I liked working there specially on the tills as l meet people everyday. staff were helpful, friendly. Nice place to work uniforms were nice. The pay was good...l would work there again
Pros
Pay for ur lunch but as a staff get it a little bit cheaper
Cons
Hours suit you
I was a Temporary picker for the Milngavie store, what a lovely branch.The people on the night team are amazing, very good company and loved the music to zoom around to.It's hard work and tiring picking all those heavy items, which then need to be packed and stacked in the warehouse area, chillers or freezers. I would recommend it though as time passed quickly overnight and the people really make it fun and a good sociable time.
Pros
The team & free food in the Partner Dining Room.
Cons
Long 10hr shifts and tiring work
Can be a little stressful at times, however I did work over Christmas and was supported throughout. Training can be provided online or on the job. Value individual people working there.
I am a student working at Waitrose, as a part time job it is really ideal. The pay is really great, especially if you are a teenager. Hours are set but with the ability to pick up overtime where applicable. Co- workers are very kind, sincere and helpful at all times; I have worked in other supermarkets and can say that they are more sincere. As a 17 year old it limits what you can do at work, you need approval to sell age restricted products, you can’t work on the kiosk and you can’t do night shifts. However, the pros do outweigh these cons and you always have the ability to do these things once you turn 18. Breaks are constructed well, with variety on the job. However, if you are scared to talk to strangers this isnt the job for you and it can be fast paced at times.
Pros
Pay, hours, breaks, co-workers
Cons
Sometimes hard to get overtime
They try to stop you from having a life outside of work by declining holiday even when you book it months in advance so the work to life balance is awful. Most of management are unprofessional and pick favourites and it’s very obvious. Affects mental health very negatively. But because almost everyone feels the same there is a nice community. Also the select few managers who are caring made it worth staying.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Upsetting and stressful
I have worked for waitrose for a number of years and have seen the partnership decline from being a partner to just that of another payroll number. They are not the caring partnership that they once claimed to be, they are nothing more than a business. Partners are only given their working weekly rota 4 days beforehand, work/life balance is terrible, start time windows are all over the place, management do not like being challenged, they have a blame culture, no annual pay rise towards annual inflation, management hold things against you, unless your face fits, can be held back on annual pay reviews. Discount card is great but prices are to high, so why shop there. The pay matrix is a joke, new starters are offered more than drivers who have been there for awhile and managers lie. I would not recommend this place, unless you want agency work for a better hourly rate and a decent shift start time, the partnership does not look after their own and fail to promote from within. Good bunch of drivers but poorly managed, a them and us attitude, it never used to be this way. Shame, I thought this was the job to take me to retirement, can't see it lasting, will probably be 3rd partied over, shame was a good job.
Pros
Good job if your a lemming.
Cons
Bad hours, cheap horrid lorries, poor work/home life
Do not take into account any personal on going outside of the business management not supportive when issues occur. Blame culture present. Do not follow proper procedures.
Pros
Free linch
Cons
Part time only
Not a pleasant company to work for. Very old fashioned & not in a good way. No work/life balance. Poorly paid. Expected to work at home for no extra pay. Badly run. Management promoted with little experience. Seriously bad for mental health, lots of people were often off due to stress/anxiety/depression all due to work related environment.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
The whole company!!
Not a good company, if you are looking for a Saturday job then it's okay, but anything more will fry your braincells. I'm not sure why it's seen as such a great company... I never saw a single benefit other than my partner card... which I very rarely used and omg the pay... Awful!. The management.... (I can't speak for all but around 75%) are just a joke, it's as if they have just waited outside a rehab centre, chucked a cheap suit on them and said this is your job now... honestly I don't know where they find these people. As a recommendation I would say, don't do it, don't go there, you're worth more than this.
Pros
They do a real nice samosa
Cons
Waking up every morning knowing you work at Waitrose
The management team were excellent. Very good place to work and hours were flexible. Fellow workers had good attitude to the company and other partners.
Pros
Good team workers, partner discount and flexible hours
Cons
Long shifts that can be boring