Waitrose & Partners
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Waitrose & Partners Employee Reviews

United Kingdom2,479 reviews

Found 2,479 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,553 reviews

Great company to work for.

Worked for Waitrose over the years and always had good experiences working there. Friendly staff and helpful management make it a pleasant working environment.

Deliver driver

Good place to work. Nice staff. Not much progression. But good training opportunities. Pay is ok also. Delivery driving is a good job to do but it will not feed your family

Insights into Waitrose & Partners

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Good community

Amazing for returning students who want to work over the holidays, good pay and very friendly. Options to move to different areas within the workplace to provide variety

A supportive, inclusive and kind workplace

A typical day involves serving customers on the tills, replenishing stock and picking orders. I've learned about legal requirements to do with stock rotation, internal auditing and compliance. The management team are super friendly and supportive and I feel listened to and valued. It's the happiest team I've ever been part of, I just wish the wages were better!The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry and rude customers. The most enjoyable part is working with a nice bunch of people.

They work you hard but pay you well

At work you'd be expected to work non-stop and they were not lax about the breaks. Management were mostly ok, my line manager was very dislikeable. The store and the customers always were friendly and you were treated well by them.

Good if managers like you

Managers tend to humiliate young staff in front of the team and on shop floor. Customers aren’t great and management rarely tend to back up their staff. Management ignored peoples health conditions, meaning one of my co workers broke out in a massive rash all over their body and told him off for complaining about the pain. The amount of wastage is insane and truly embarrassing. Would try and make staff stay 10 mins late if they were 2 mins late to their shift. There are no loyalties and a massive lack of communication amongst the management, if it’s not to do with them- they won’t do it.

Pros

Easy to call in sick, pay is decent

Cons

Work lots over Xmas, management awful, uniform shows all your sweat patches

Loved it!

I completely enjoyed working at Waitrose. The atmosphere was comfortable and productive, and I felt supported and was thoroughly trained. It was a temporary job but I wouldn't hesitate to work here again if a position was offered.

It’s okay I’m some ways

You have such a good time normally can be sociable but gets quiet repetitive it’s a good job for the most part only some managers aren’t the best at what they do

Pros

Discount and lunch food

Family atmosphere

Generally a happy place to work where everyone gets on and helps each other . It can like any job be stressful at times . You need to be a real people person to work here

Good job wish it was more money.

Job is nice and easy once you’ve got used to it. Only looking for different job due to needing better salary. Don’t apply if you don’t like shop floor work as it is part of your job. 80%of the job is driving other 20% is shop floor.

Ok, but could be much better

All too stressed. Good people generally, but Management too remote. Better communication would be helpful. Senior management away with the fairies, but I suppose that's the same with any large(ish) company,

Pros

Various benefits

Cons

Shifts, management

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace, rewarding and you'll gain alot of experience in different area's. Make lots of new friends. Have a better understanding

Pros

Good break times

good pay for under 18s

treat under 18s well they pay is good you get frequent pay rises every couple months and when you go off to uni it’s easy to transfer

Pros

good pay, breaks

Cons

sometimes boring

Fun and rewarding place to work

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming there. Always a busy working environment which is great as time flies. Fairly easy job to do, repetitive. Pay is good.

Full of stress for new drivers.

Continuous tests and checks, which are to accelerate and improve sales and delivery, mainly cause tension and stress among employees. Not fully thought-out actions that force people to change jobs to less stressful ones.

Pros

Free lunches

Good place to work, staff bonus every year, fab Christmas parties/events. Good discount

I enjoyed working at Waitrose, great people to work with everyone is friendly, easy to progress, was sad to leave but working weekends is an absolute must. The only reason I left.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Weekends are a must

Enjoyable.

The staff were all very friendly and while I got stuck in with the work I never felt like I was being overworked or pushed too hard. A nice atmosphere where the days never felt too long.

Pros

Pretty relaxed and friendly place.

Cons

Good place to work , partners are friendly and look after each other . Typical days are fast paced and there is a lot do but not too much s not possible to finish.

Good workplace

Nice supermarket to work at, good pay and bonuses. Easy to get overtime worked with other young people. Management could be more understanding. Very busy at Christmas.

Pros

Good pay

A nice environment but has issues...

A good vibe and positive environment, with good benefits but frustration of using buggy and inadequate systems. Departments not working efficiently together. Also, way too may "yes" men/women getting promoted. They're exceptional at networking, looking the part, saying the right things but actually, often, absolutely rubbish at the actual job they are supposed to be doing. Don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic people there, decent, dedicated and good at their job but for me......way too many blaggers in middle management. I salute the Partners there, that I have to say, are the rock of the place, crucial and keep the operation going but for me, it's sad that these people are often overlooked and kept in "that place" on purpose and the blaggers and cronies climb the ranks. That's life I guess, happens everywhere.

fun

very good company, enjoyed working there, very nice staff and managers, really good team, great job for young people would highly recommend that you give it a go

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose & Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement