Waitrose & Partners

Waitrose & Partners Employee Reviews in Bracknell

Bracknell101 reviews

Found 101 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,770 reviews
partnerlewispartnershipsupermarketdiscountjohnwhilstsubsidised

Things have changed drastically since I worked there!

Was a great fun place to work but I am going back a number of years when we did things the 'old fashioned' way. Fully computerized now and employees work can be and is more closely monitored.

Pros

Good bonus scheme, Subsidised dining room, discount in John Lewis & Waitrose, good holiday especially after long service

Cons

Has become just like any other organisation over the years. Used to be very different in a good way!

It was hard work sometimes under increasing time pressure's

I feel that the employee/ employer relationship has changed dramatically since the pandemic.Many employees whom I worked with are no longer there .The pandemic changed how the company operates in this new environment/era

Pros

Staff discount

Insights into Waitrose & Partners

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks

Just try to fit in as you will get support from the management

I am ex international lorry driver of 25 years got made redundant 3 years ago done a few driving jobs but couldn't settle I joined the partnership 18 months ago and didn't really like it but now got used to uk driving and going home daily i wouldn't change my job for anything Most of the drivers ok but some miserable gits but equipment and management team and wages second to none

Najgorsza praca

Żal, nic ciekawego. Ludzie traktowani przedmiotowo, brak jakiegokolwiek wsparcia. Nie polecam nikomu.

Worst job

They go against health and safety procedures they will work you to the bone then say it's not enough.Poor power hungry management. Not good enough pay

OK. Used to be better

Was a good place to work a decade ago but as the profits fall they lean more and more on the little guys . More for less attitude. A lot of the perks are slowly being erroded . Similar story across retail in general. Not a terrible place to work but I would not think long term .

Pros

Over time if wanted

Cons

Poor pick by voice system

Not a good company anymore

They don’t care much about staff it’s just profit like everything else, the people are nice but the management just want there profit your just a number

Pros

Discount

Cons

Management don’t care much about staff your just a number now

Contractor

Was a contractor there and enjoyed my time. Good people although a little slow paced at time. Unable to comment on being perm as didn’t experience those benefits

Pros

Subsided lunch

A nice environment but has issues...

A good vibe and positive environment, with good benefits but frustration of using buggy and inadequate systems. Departments not working efficiently together. Also, way too may "yes" men/women getting promoted. They're exceptional at networking, looking the part, saying the right things but actually, often, absolutely rubbish at the actual job they are supposed to be doing. Don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic people there, decent, dedicated and good at their job but for me......way too many blaggers in middle management. I salute the Partners there, that I have to say, are the rock of the place, crucial and keep the operation going but for me, it's sad that these people are often overlooked and kept in "that place" on purpose and the blaggers and cronies climb the ranks. That's life I guess, happens everywhere.

Good place

Good place, nice people, underpaid and overworked though within buying. Great discount and benefits and WFH balance.

Job insecurity and toxic culture.

Waitrose is a place where it has very much old contract staff still hanging around because they are treated differently and have higher pay with double times pay for less input than the new staff. Old Staffs who are sick gets paid more than newer staff with zero sickness record. Because it’s a same people working in same department for so long they have their own elite inner circle and no one can break them. They look after each other and wanna stay in same comfort zone.Waitrose has more and more mid to newbies resign. And not finding new staff to recruit.

Pros

Free lunches and staff discounts

Cons

Superior inner circles

Good

Good management, long hard hours but paid accordingly. A genuine care for employing decent staff. Room for progression throughout the partnership. Great

Pros

Bonus, Progression, pay

Great place

Lovely place to work, very very friendly place. Benefits are very good. They do look after there staff. Lots of opportunity to progress in the company.

Pros

Fab place to work

Not a great place to work any more

When I started working at Waitrose 18 years ago it was a great place to work. Over time they changed a lot, managers became overbearing and some of them just mean. Work life balance went out the window a few years ago and they slowly but surely stripped all the benefits there once was.

Pros

Not many, if any left

Cons

far too many to list

Excellent culture and atmosphere to work

Excellent culture and atmosphere to work. Lot of opportunities for continuous learning and improvement. Collaborative style of work and complete ownership of work. Managers are approachable and take interest in your career growth.

Great brand, old processes

The brand and instore experience is what Waitrose does best. The digital team have come on massively in the last few years and are a relatively fast moving group. The rest of the organisation, and the wider John Lewis organisation in particular is very old, very stuck in its ways and has changed very little, despite not one but two "Transformation" programs in the last few years. The culture of looking after partners means that plenty of employees think the business is there to serve them, and many people are on long term sick and know that nothing will ever be done about it. The company focuses of partner behaviour rather than actual delivery, which allows people to complain about each other a lot, which i have never seen anywhere else. Weirdly the culture is one of fear of upsetting anyone, resulting in a lack of urgency.

I enjoyed the company and colleagues were great at making you feel welcome. This was a temp position with hopefully a job offer at a later date but was then released due to the coronavirus.

Needs improvement

Tray wash is not a good place to work it is hard work not good pay and is very badd for your health so I would not recommend anyone to work there unless they changed their work ethic

Poor management.

Unorganised, poor management, no flexibility but pay is good, multiple shifts available.. colleagues nice to work with. Night shifts is where I worked in chilled

Not what you think

So very let down by this company, stop pretending your something your not. Appalling management. I have left now and could not be happier. It used to be good 20 years ago but that's long gone now.

Pressurised environment

Good in house training and benefits. Varied hours available to support work life balance with excellent out of work facilities. Reasonable adjustments not so good.

Pros

Subsidised canteen

Cons

Pressurised work for low hourly rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose & Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement