Waitrose & Partners

Cheltenham26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,777 reviews
partnerlewispartnershipsupermarketdiscountjohnwhilstsubsidised

Hard, physical work

My job was Christmas temp with possibility of permanent job. Very busy time of year for first supermarket job. Early starts for click and collect but that was my choice.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Physically demanding

great place to have a part time job

don’t join if you expect easy progression, staff are lovely, proper training given, always something to do. customers expect highly of you due to brand reputation

Pros

lovely team

Cons

hard to progress/recognition

Insights into Waitrose & Partners

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks

Interesting place

Not 100% sure how I feel about the “partnership” it’s not all it’s made out to be. They are a very unorganised place, didn’t book any of my pre-booked holiday and weren’t happy when they realised I wasn’t in due to my holiday. Managers don’t communicate well with colleagues. The colleagues are mostly nice and friendly, the majority of them are also very helpful

Worse place I've ever worked!

I can see a theme running here, cant get any managers worth while there, rude and ignorant. Started off well soon went down hill.Dishonest drivers. Cant tell you the rules, until things happen. getting the rules is hard enough from the computer systems there.Breaks are few and far between. Cant plan a delivery route efficiently. Treated unfairly by the end of my employment.Poor hygiene for vans, not enough cleaning equipment.VERY POOR COMMUNICATION with most things.Found out most things through other staff.NOT enough training.

Pros

Made some friends, pay and some free food occasionally.

Cons

long hrs, vans too big.

Alright Enough Place

Waitrose is alright enough. The people I work with are friendly enough, management never really bother you but when you get slow week's they're incredibly slow. Difficult to get hours increased as well with so many restructurings going on and cliques do form among the staff

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Pay isn't great, hard to increase hours, not a lot of progression

Lovely place to work

Can be a little stressful at times, however I did work over Christmas and was supported throughout. Training can be provided online or on the job. Value individual people working there.

Fast paced and changes daily

Fast paced work with variety of options of work and a good family of work colleagues. Good job for a quick summer job and also full time career in e,g. café, tills, stock, warehouse, fish, etc

Fun workplace

Waitrose was a fun place to work. I worked there during university. Always overtime when I needed it. Management was good. Overall nice place to work part time.

Don’t do it

Don’t work for Waitrose, the pay is terrible and they expect you to die for the company because you’re “co-owners” not worth the s*** you have to put up with

Pros

Discount

Cons

Everything else

It was a productive but stressful workplace

Waitrose is a good place to work but management and the work that they require you to do sometimes can be quite stressful but overall it is a good place to work with a good amount of benefits and pay.

Productive and a fun working environment

The most enjoyable part of the job was the strong team I worked with. We had a great laugh but also got all of our jobs done to the best of our abilities, working together.

Excellent place to work

I was pleasantly surprised how nice everyone was. Everyone is responsible for their own product replenishment. Very helpful staff, patient management.

Solid

Not a bad first place to work, weren't very flexible for students around exams and several layers of management meant often decisions were left very late also promised me work over summer period but then last minute told me none was available.

Pros

cheap subsidised lunches

Poor communication

I found this job was a continous challenge every shift, with many different people telling you what to do. I wasnt going up the ladder in anyway in all the years i worked there. Glad i left.

Nice friendly place to work

The majority of staff at Waitrose are friendly and approachable and will always offer help when needed. The pay is also very good and hours are quite flexible.

Pros

Cheap food from the canteen

Cons

Can be very boring

well organised place to work

staff very nice and friendly customers were nice and helpful on the whole nice air conditioning to work in reduced prices for lunch and drinks varied hors to suit you

Pros

reduced lunches

Safe and Happy Workplace

During my time at Waitrose i have had near to no problems while working, it is a fun and happy place to work and i would recommend to anyone who isn't picky over their wages. The place is very secure and you can rest to know that you are safe within the workplace.

Pros

Active Day

Cons

Low Pay

throw in at deep end told to get on with it

no communication between people only decent time to work was overnights didn't really learn much friendly staff members

Pros

benifits are ok

Cons

Good team. Bad head office.

Very busy job. Nice if you like being on your feet and active. Learned how a supermarket works, Well run like clockwork. However, the temporary contracts are a bit of a bind. Was lulled into a full sense of security with the position being permanent and 2 months the head office threw a spanner in the works.

Organized

Well oiled workplace. Fun working there. Learned how to use a till and wrap flowers. Good atmosphere, friendly and relaxed

Pros

Discount.

Cons

Inflexible hours

fun workplace

great place to work for people of all ages, lots of opportunities to improve and promotions. Supportive and equal team. Great work and home life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose & Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement