Waitrose & Partners

Leyland29 reviews

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,770 reviews
partnerlewispartnershipsupermarketdiscountjohnwhilstsubsidised

Hideous.

Hideous, soul destroying tediousness.Managers absolutely clueless. The pay was despicable when juxtaposed with the work load. Started in Feb 2018. Left in 2021. My hourly wage fluctuated from £8.33 to a stupendously whopping £9.33 an hour in that three-year period 💀Ghastly workplace.

Pros

20 minute toilet beaks.

Cons

Everything bar the 20 minute toilet breaks.

Not happy at all

Mannagers are rude and don't care about emploees. Makes mistakes in documentations and than says that it's not their fault which ends with dismissal. If you do overtime, you don't get what they prommise to pay. Some people don't get paid for overtimes at all. Asks to help in other warehouses, but don't pay for it. In short - mannagmrnt don't cares about others.

Insights into Waitrose & Partners

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks

Was a nice place to work

Company was great to start of with, blended pay causes problems as everyone is on variable rates for the same job regardless of length of service with company

Good, easy job.

The wages were ok but I wasn’t on as much as some Drivers due to the wage structure.The vehicles were kept in good condition but were underpowered and getting old.The other Drivers made it a great place to work and the job was good and easy. My Rota pattern was badly planned though with enforced single rest days. My Manager was horrible, he liked to try to discipline me for things out of my control, yet when I’d done a genuinely good thing at an RTC, no praise at all.

Pros

Drivers are great to work alongside.

Cons

Long hours, bad Rota’s.

Worst job ever

Came here with great expectation a fresh start at Leyland RDC but soon came to realise this company is not run by its partners but a select few at the top.This company is so out of date and has not kept up to speed and is now being run as if it had shareholders that expect a return on investment, bad decisions through out the management from the highest level, sorry to say it’s the worst job I’ve ever had.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

All the lies

Shocking the lies they tell you at interviews and induction

Leyland distribution centre currently has the worst staff moral I have ever experienced in thirty yrs of hgv driving, I would strongly reconsider if you are about to take a new role there.

Cons

Long hrs, single rest days and full of politics

Don't Go

Poor management, awful working conditions, lack of PPE, no respect for workforce, workload totally unrealistic, total lack of communication, unsafe and dirty working enviroment, lack of moral amongst staff, lied to on numerous occasions. Quite simply the worst place I have ever worked in. Best avoided!

No Respect whatsoever

Great people to work with Rotas don’t give much work life balance. Single rest days aren’t good. Management lack experience and some have a bullying culture. No Respect at all .

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

No work life balance.. Bad communication throughout.

Do not go

If you do not kiss butt you will get nowhere the wage i put is for nights all management want is you to do is run around all the time to get higher results to make them look good and they always con you when it comes to give you a pay rise if you do 364 days of good work they will pick up on the 1 bad you had that year

15 year's to late

its just not the place it was sold as being, its only getting worse and will probably be run by a third in the next 12 months .Rota's have become a joke ,overtime is forced on you at flat rate, bonus is none existent .Leyland was never really in the partnership we was an experiment to see how badly they could treat us.

Pros

staff discount

Cons

long shifts always expected to do more than your 50 hours

Poor management

If you want to be bullied Sexually touched Have no say in your work life to protect your mental health Operating management stab you in the back THIS PLACE IS FOR YOU !!!!

Pros

Cons

Management from ops to partners

Avoid this place!!!

Worst place I have ever worked at- and I've done Warehouse work before. The work is repetitive and very straight forward but usually in a job like this it's the people that make up for it. Not here. The supervisors and management are rude, stuck up and power hungry. They speak to you like you're incompetent and unimportant. They cancel shifts without enough notice therefore I wasted so much money on bus fare. I wouldn't see the premium pay due to us being sent home early. Pointless place no work. firmly

Awful bullying culture

The best thing about my whole sorry experience at Waitrose Leyland was the fact they spent thousands sending me on a 2 week course to become an on-site Mechanical Handling Instructor. All qualified trainers in the company get an increment in their wages (about £25 A week) They decided not to give it me. I persued the increment (with the backing of the company training manager) Suddenly I was relieved of ALL training duties & put on normal shop floor duties. I decided to leave. I left for another job with a training role, taking my Waitrose paid for ITSARR qualification with me.....going from around £18k a year at Waitrose to £26k overnight. I am now on over £35k a year. My overall findings of Waitrose Leyland was not a pleasant one. Inept managers who do nothing but bully, victimise & intimidate shop floor Partners. Literally everybody on the shop floor I worked with has now left. Only management and office staff remain. A truly awful experience.

Pros

Cons

Bullies run the show.

By far the worst place I have ever worked

I was very unfortunate to have worked at waitrose for two years. Why do I say unfortunate you ask? Well, the targets are barely achievable, you are excessively monitored and you can get pulled up for little things such as talking and being off the system for a few minutes. The worst thing though is the managers. They are the most horrible, stuck up, snobby and patronising bullies that I have ever had the misfortune to work under. They don't even acknowledge you and are very rude. If you value your sanity and wellbeing stay away. I gave it one star but this place doesn't even deserve that.

Pros

Cons

Where do I begin.

Wacky warehouse full of degenerates and monkeys for managers

Some of the people are alright, I mean a minuet few. Rest are a bunch of degenerates who want to climb up that ladder, be stuck in there bubble and be miserable

Pros

brownies were good

Cons

unsociable hours, managers do nothing, but pick each others bums, panic when they realise they have messed up, then pin the blame on someone else

Good place to work and great work life balance

I have worked here for 9 months if you keep your head down and work hard there is always opportunities for further training. The management are friendly and helpful and the company will usually accommodate your needs such as a set rota like I got. The only downside is the pay and the lack of extra hours for most of the year.

Pros

Work life balance friendly work place

Cons

Pay

The worst place I have ever ever ever worked.

Poor treatment. Bullying is rife. Management are inept. Poor pay. Shrinking bonus. Spoken to like dirt. No paths to progress. Demoralised me to the point of depression and thoughts of suicide. I'd rather die (LITERALLY DIE) than return.

Pros

None.

Cons

All.

Still got the Victorian attitude.

I started at Leyland in 2013 with approx 30 other drivers and they called us the best of the best we were first in the new depot and the majority of us have gone since because they didn’t want to pay us for our worth, their managerial skills were amateurish and policy was made on the hoof, with many years of experience under my belt I can honestly say it is the worst company I have ever worked for. Disappointed PL.

Cons

Utterly terrible, stay away.

I've worked at Waitrose Leyland RDC for 4 years, and it really has been the worst 4 years of my life. I honestly do not have a single positive thing to say about the company. Management are grossly incompetent and resort to bullying tactics to get what they want. They also like to play favorites. certain members of staff (ie their friends) will always get preferential treatment. where as the guys and girls that aren't liked will be given all of the bad jobs. This also extends to training, I have been " getting trained on WMS this year" for 4 years now.. There are people that have been there for a few weeks that get trained on it because they suck up to management. But if you aren't liked you get fobbed off at every turn. In summary I would advise you stay away unless you really are desperate..

Pros

Literally nothing.

Cons

Incompetent management (one of them doesn't know how to use a printer) bullying favoritism.

Benefits package is good, along with bonus, although does have it's ups and downs at times. Some management are clueless and should not be in the role, others are competent. Good hourly rate, but pay for performance does not work as it should.

Pros

Subsidised meals, bonus, benefits, pension

Cons

planning, management, culture

good co -workers

Would get into work on average 1/2 hr before start time as i like to set myself up and get all paperwork needed in order,once that was done i would get my keys for my wagon and do a full check on my unit after making sure it was road worthy i would then hitch up to my allocated trailer also making sure it was road worthy. then i would proceed to my delivery point depending on distance i would do one or two deliveries a day.

Pros

good managers

Cons

a lot of weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose & Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement