Waitrose & Partners

Customer Assistant110 reviews
United Kingdom110 reviews

Found 110 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,770 reviews
partnerlewispartnershipsupermarketdiscountjohnwhilstsubsidised

Always busy & can be fun

The staff are amazing, made so many life long friends! The customers can be very rude but you get used to dealing with it. Management could be better as there's no communication so you get told different things by different peoplr and the team leaders are often left to run the shop for not much more pay! Can be difficult with the cliques as there is a bit of favouritism.

Pros

Discount, no work to take home, good holiday

Cons

Management not great and customers are entitled

Friendly staff

Great benefits Good hours great benefits. Staff shop, subsidised food from staff dining room. Free uniforms. Free parking when available. Great atmosphere.

Benefits

Insights into Waitrose & Partners

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks

The pay and management are bad

But is a safe job and you are treated like a human not like a robot. Pay has remained far away from the inflation. The pressure on people are higher every day because they try to save money.

Nice place to work

Good place to work, pay was good for me as a student, very accommodating about changing around shifts.Food half price if eaten on break, only drawback is that as a student working over the summer I didn't manage to get the staff discount, as it takes some months to qualify, and if I go to work there again next summer the countdown for the staff discount is reset.

Good employer easy job

It’s not a hard job, set hours agreed when you join the partnership, excellent benefits, if you get the right manager it’s a brilliant, can be a company for life

It was a very good place to work at. Pay was good and was very fun place to work. I would highly recommend this job to anyone who is interested. Apply.

Good starter job

As with most places, the quality depends on your immediate supervisors. But the pay was good, conditions were good, overall it was a good place to work.

Bad management

Your made to feel like your working in the victorian era very out dated work practices brain washing telling you you're a partner which means absolutely nothing very stingy and un fair pay anything to save money extra efforts are un appreciated and you are very replaceable was a good place to work back in 2014 when it first opened and has gone down within the last 3 years all the good "staff" always find something better many managers not needed and dare you upset them they use every policy going to throw at you also that and speak to you like your a robot there are many other companies to choose from my experience I would avoid 😀

Cons

Bad management pay structure

Absolutely APPAULING management

Ringwood branch is awful absolutely no communication between managers and no respect for workers, no opportunities to advance your role or even any chances to balance work life as they do not allow any flexibility on your contract. Horrific place to work

Pros

Discount

Cons

No flexibility or respect for floor workers

good place to work

good place to work, the managers are ok, they do rush you. You are required to do a lot so it can get very stressful. overall it is a good part time job.

Only good things are some friendly colleagues and occasional free food

Typical day usually starts with multiple partners calling in sick. Team leaders and managers generally can’t and won’t help with any issues, often they don’t know the answer, and when they claim to know it’s often wrong information.Company penalises partners for having covid, tells them they have to stay away from work and in the same breath give you a sickness warning for not coming in.Clear divide between night and day staff, with day staff and managers looking down their noses at night partners, despite the fact we work for the same company.Despite working hard all night, don’t let a manager see you stop and chat to a fellow partner for even 30 seconds, or they will be on your case. Even though managers do nothing but sit in the office the whole shift, very rarely getting their hands dirty. They might occasionally be seen walking the floor, playing with tickets on shelves, but that’s about the extent of what they call “work”.Overall, pays the bills. Night premium is the biggest positive I can think of, followed by some cool fellow team members.

Good company

When I worked there it was a great place to work. Good pay and benefits. Varied jobs. Lots of room for progression if wanted. Cross department working.

Don't work here

I left Waitrose a little while ago and believe me I'm so glad I did. I am aware that not all the stores are the same but this is my experience. At first it was great lots of variety, I was being trained in lots of things and the pay was great. Then as time went on I found myself stuck on the one same task day in day out and when I mentioned that I was struggling with this and just wanted a little bit more variety even if it was just one dat on something different, nothing was done. I found my line manager extremely patronising and treated me like a 4 year old. I always made sure every shift that I was helpful and efficient but it went unnoticed the entire time I work there and by the end I just gave up. They say they care for their worker but they really don't (at least my store didnt). I had a few times when I was in financial hardship that the store knew of and no one even asked if I was okay. The only thing that kept me at that place for as long as I did was because I knew I'd be leaving for uni and knew there wasn't much point in finding something new for only a couple of months

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Everything else

Great first time job

The opportunities that could lead from working in Waitrose is amazing!the training and support prepares you so go into any customer service job with ease. Best customer assistant job in terms of how much you learn and other employees value seeing that you have worked for Waitrose on a CV.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Very school like atmosphere due to very young students and a lot of stuff members

Good ongoing training

fast paced, nice customers. supportive colleagues nice environment overall and professional. lots of tasks to do, newspapers, tills, counters. learned and developed people skills , confidence, social skills. management mean well and let you get on with tasks, there is good trust in the company and have a sense of freedom to get on and do tasks. can be very physical. most enjoyable is talking to and advising customers.

Very poor business

Left after four months, the management was clueless and disrespectful. Terribly understaffed. Repetitive dull work. Would definitely not recommend to anyone.

Good place to work, staff bonus every year, fab Christmas parties/events. Good discount

I enjoyed working at Waitrose, great people to work with everyone is friendly, easy to progress, was sad to leave but working weekends is an absolute must. The only reason I left.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Weekends are a must

The best of the food suppliers

Having worked for a few of the main others, I found that waitrose are the best ( yes even better than M&S!) They do look after the staff, pay and training are very good. Can feel a little bit clicky when you first start but they usually adapt as time goes on. If I would say anything bad I would like to have been multi trained more across the store rather than be on 1 dept. As I think most staff should be ,to cover if the need arrises.

Fun, Stressful and enjoyable

Working at Waitrose was my first real job. I really enjoyed meeting new people, engaging with customers and improving my customer service skills. I would recommend to anyone looking for a stable source of income/ working while at uni or college to pick up work at Waitrose. They were so accommodating to my hours and helped me when I needed to make adjustments. I am ever so happy that I was able to work there.

Pros

Great experience and training

Cons

Clique like groups and too much pressure for overtime

Supportive staff and management, good training

Overall a good place to work, though the actual job can be challenging, fast-paced and stressful the staff were always collaborative and supportive, and management approachable with any problems

Awful experience

Managers are horrible. Never approved any holiday shifts and complained at me 24/7 even though I did everything asked. Strict dress code that I’ve never experienced in another place of work and was told I’d be fired for having short acrylics. Work is repetitive and they will always put you on the same jobs. Took away the Christmas bonus which helps so many and replaced it with a free canteen for a month.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Repetitive, rude management, strict dress code, never approved holiday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose & Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement