Waitrose & Partners

Customer Service Representative379 reviews
United Kingdom379 reviews

Found 379 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,770 reviews
partnerlewispartnershipsupermarketdiscountjohnwhilstsubsidised

Be prepared to work hard

Good place to work.Lots of things to learn and extra specialist training such as butcher.Fussy customers at times and clique management.Nice uniform.Good locations to work can also apply to work with John Lewis

Pros

Discounts with John Lewis

Cons

Basic no chance of progression very nepotistic

Worst company I've ever worked for!

Worst company I've ever worked for! The way they treat their staff is like being in a school playground. You're not a partner here as they like to make out- it's all a con to push more work out of you etc. Extremely bad management and way to many managers too. Not at all flexible with hours or holidays, disciplinary action if unable to attend work due to sickness (even cancer!). Most of the staff are all very 'clicky' a bit like a weird cult. So many staff having affairs with other staff members. Staff discount isn't even worth it. No bonuses. 100% would not recommend!

Pros

None! None at all.

Cons

The list is too long! Avoid! Very stressful, bullying.

Insights into Waitrose & Partners

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks

Fast paced but very nice managers

It's a fast paced work place where there is always something to do. Managers are nice and helpful. Overall it's an enjoyable job but I don't recommend it if you don't want to stay on your feet.

Pros

Free lunches in winter

Okay work place

Overall an okay place to work however managers were not welcoming and always criticising employees. Effected morale of employees and made me dread going to work.

fun

very nice place to work and productive . it was a good experience. staff are friendly . such a great place to start your career specially if you are a student .

very good company

waitrose is a great place to work, they look after the staff! free cooked food from october to december and extra bonus added to december payslip. You will be trained everywhere so you will be multiskilled.

Not A Good Place To Work

Not a good experience,physically attacked by female manager,no support from other managers,not enough staff as with all employers it seems at the moment,lovely customers never had an issue in my 5yrs employment,worked with lovely partners,so much wrong in my opinion its poorly run not so much by managers in store those sitting in their cosy offices So many repairs that don't get done the place is a hazard

Pros

Lovely Partners

Cons

Poor Management

Okay

Was okay. Had good days and bad. Very bad sometimes as customers were rude beyond measure. Managers was nice on happy days but some times it was fake love.

Good for temporary work

A fun place to work when young and need some part time work. Lots of different departments you can be based in and there was always overtime available.

Hard work for salary scale-no room for progression

Repetitive jobs, no job rotation, no social interaction with staff or management. Communication poor and certain staff in favour with management who seemed to get away with doing very little on a daily basis. Salary very poor.

Understaffed but learned a lot

I ended up getting really stressed from being pushed a bit too far and felt overwhelmed with learning too much too quickly - that being said I did join at a really difficult time for the branch! The colleagues were amazing and I learned so much. It was my first full time job, and I felt so supported by my colleagues, they were so kind. I gained so many skills & really appreciate the opportunity to have worked here - even though it didn't work out at that point in time.

Love it!

Great team, a good place to work. Everyone helps each other. There is a variety of work and initiative is rewarded. You must have a good work ethic and be flexible, such as doing overtime and working in various sections. Excellent customer service is essential and the ability to work under pressure as it can be extremely busy.

Pros

Partner discount.

Cons

Inflexibility of booking annual leave.

Busy but fun workplace

The hardest part of the job is the abuse you occasionally get from members of the public but equally, customers can brighten your day. If you enjoy working with people you will love working at Waitrose. There is a team-spirit which comes from having a voice in the company. The days can be tiring especially at busy times of the year such as Christmas and Easter but you get Boxing Day off which is rare in retail.

Family atmosphere

Generally a happy place to work where everyone gets on and helps each other . It can like any job be stressful at times . You need to be a real people person to work here

Ok, but could be much better

All too stressed. Good people generally, but Management too remote. Better communication would be helpful. Senior management away with the fairies, but I suppose that's the same with any large(ish) company,

Pros

Various benefits

Cons

Shifts, management

Productive and happy staff

Very welcoming and team moral is at the forefront of this business. Inclusion is a very important and there are many different opportunities for staff and certainly a lot of benefits that being a partner offers.

Supportive place to work I feel like I belong and am part of the team

I have been working for Waitrose for nearly a year and feel very much part of the team, it a really good place to work and we all have a laugh whilst doing our jobs, good variety of work and good staff bonuses

Pros

Good staff discount

Cons

Delta shift patterns

Fun place to work

Good staff and management nice atmosphere,a caring good company to work for.Only problem is getting extra hours can be a problem. Great benefits and perks 25% of at John Lewis ,20% off food .

Pros

Free food at Christmas, always cakes fresh fruit coffee tea available.

Cons

Can’t be repetitive

Hard to progress and upstairs downstairs culture

If you’re looking for an easy day to day job it’s great. However if you’re looking for progression you’ll probably be let down. It can be a toxic environment with bullying and gossip. They also are not accommodating towards mental illness and seem to make no effort to help, often leading to higher sickness levels.

Cons

No work life balance

Good job to have but poor management

The job itself was good - customer service, tills, managing stock etc. You’re always switching activities so it stops the boring repetitive feel of being on tills all day. Poor management. Work hours changed and promised then they tell you you can’t be kept on however phone you up to work again when needed. No care for personal situation.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Poor management

Fun workplace

Typical day for me would be supporting on the shop floor. At Waitrose you are required to work in all areas of the store so they would train you in many areas. I was first trained on the tills, then reductions, deliervoo etc It is not hard, it is fun to be able to work in different areas so you dont get bored.

Pros

Bonus every year, pay rise every year, John Lewis discount of 12%. Waitrose discount of 20%. Free lunch when it is Christmas.

Cons

Required to learn all areas of the store, not hard but long at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose & Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Waitrose & Partners with

Learn about Waitrose & Partners in popular locations

• Waitrose & Partners
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?