Waitrose & Partners

United Kingdom449 reviews

Found 449 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,770 reviews
partnerlewispartnershipsupermarketdiscountjohnwhilstsubsidised

Great salary for students

If you a student the salary is amazing. Benefits are also great. Difficult to get hours changed if you need them lowered so work/life balance isn't great. Constant change in branch managers and some of the other manager aren't great and can be rude. Other staff members are great and hardworking.

Pros

Salary, benefits, other staff.

Cons

Fun and easy to go back in holidays

Easy to go back in holidays, good fun and decent pay. If you leave you come back on same pay which is good. Can be some early mornings but can be changed if you ask.

Insights into Waitrose & Partners

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks

Productive but Exhausting

I'll tell you, working nights is ideal for those with families, you can work around them and you end up staying as it just fits in but from the moment you start - you are rushed off your feet until you leave - time really flies! You pretty much do the same thing every night so there are no set challenges and I guess there isn't really room for progression. Management is poor, we don't have any managers to manage us through the night, if we have a query about our pay, our work, training, then you have to call the Managers during the day if they 'could' help! The hardest part of the job would be the workload, it's not for everyone, you are constantly moving and heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the job is that time does fly and of course the benefits - there's lots!

Pros

Works around your family, Benefits are great

Cons

Fatigue, Poor Management, Heavy lifting

Supportive coworkers

Very good to work with and everyone supports one another during the shift. Only downside is once you start working weekends, it's hard to change your shifts to just weekdays.

Pros

Hot lunches, bonuses, supported by managers/staff even with rude customers

Cons

Can't change weekends once contracted, rude customers

Pleasant

Worked here for 18 months and had a pleasant experience working at the company. As a full timer there is a rotating shift pattern of 1 in 2 Saturdays and 1 in 4 Sundays, however you can drop the Sunday with notice. Rest of the shifts consisted of earlies, mids, lates and they could easily be swapped with notice for any out of work arrangements. Job role consisted of learning many areas of the business so you were multi skilled which allowed for variety and flexibility in the shifts. Colleagues were friendly, management was mostly in touch with issues and it was a close nit environment. Progression didn’t particularly have an obvious or clear path however I’m sure if that’s something you were looking for it’s something to work towards.

Pros

Good environment, good colleagues

Cons

Lack of progression

easy and convenient as a student

Perfect student job, hours fit really well around school. Personally my managers were always kind and supportive. The only issue I had is that it was hard to change / cover contracted hours and so it was quite inflexible in that sense at times.

Pros

easy work

Cons

quite unflexible

Good, friendly company to work with

Waitrose & Partners is a good employer that really does ensure you're treated fairly and always makes you feel like a human rather than a robot as some companies tend to.

Pros

Relaxed

Good workplace if the management wasn’t terrible

The title sums it up really. It’s good pay and really has no cons except the fact you’re not allowed to park in the car park at xmas and the management is shocking.

Great team

I worked in Waitrose throughout the pandemic, I whitnessed the change in people. My team kept me sane throughout and I felt safe. Safe and friendly atmosphere

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Cold! Caused chilblains

Good managers, great pay for the work you have to do. A nice work place and a lot of benefits to the job - partner discount and discounts at restaurants etc.

Used to be a good place to work not any longer.

Wow this place has changed!Stressed partners, incompetent managers and the lowest morale of any place I have ever worked.The atmosphere is toxic, if your face fits or you suck up enough to a manager you'll be OK but be warned if you are not one of the chosen few then expect a bumpy ride.Managers cannot handle even the slightest challenge and when asked why will revert to "because I said so".Don't think I'll be back at Easter.On the plus side the pay isn't bad and it was free food in the canteen apart from that the place is a poorly run, toxic and demoralising workplace.

Good place to work as a student. Good salary. You keep busy during shift and customers are mostly nice. Discounted food available in staff room during breaks.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Unsociable hours

Good workplace for people doing A-levels

Almost everyone is my age or a year younger which has created a really comfortable environment. However, the workplace management is really top-down because of the age of the workers meaning that I feel like I’m back in high school at work. For example, if I’m reducing products on a shelf and my colleague is also doing so in the same area we area bound to talk whilst working, in this situation though it’s common for managers to come up to you and tell you to “stop talking”. They don’t do this with older workers at all though, so I definitely feel that I’m being treated as a child In a classroom talking whilst they should be working.

Pros

£11.50 per hour at 17, can work around studying at sixth form (4 hour shifts on Wednesday and Friday, 6-10), some of the managers are really nice, community feel with how close in age I am to the other workers.

Cons

Treated like a child, the technology at my specific branch (670) is really out dated.

Loved it

Loved working for the company and were sympathetic when problems arose. Very polite staff and friendly customers and good benefits. Just enjoyed working there

It was ok

Part time seasonal position, very mid job, hours were standard and management wasn't too bad. Staff were pretty nice and fun to work with which was probably the best part

Fun workplace

I enjoyed working here but unfortunately I had mental health issues so I had to leave to get better. Hope to work there again but with more hours. I worked Tuesdays and Saturdays 5:15pm to 9:15pm and the rest overtime.

Friendly culture, range of jobs

Really enjoyable place to work for, treated with lots of respect, good job rotation so you don't get bored doing the same task. Managers are flexible with your hours so you can fit work around other commitments.

Pros

Everyone is very friendly, good benefits, flexible hours

Cons

A great place to work. A relaxed atmosphere, management are understanding and helpful. Work load can be heavy at times but doable. The experienced staff were able to help me adapt to fit the various roles that I held there. Once settled in a role, I found myself to begin to feel like part of a family, which allowed me to feel comfortable and excel in my role.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Sometimes understaffed

Easy and average paid job

Spent most of my time fixing other peoples mistakes where they didn’t put stock out correctly. Such a large company that you aren’t really recognised, don’t think management knew who I was. But discount was good!

toxic workplace

management detached from role you undertake and will not arrange appropriate support for you. bullying/toxic culture in the workplace, not enough staff hired and hardly enough people trained. if you value yourself don’t work here

Great company

Great company who cares about the people who work for them. The partnership really does mean partnership as you are engaged in the company’s success and how it is run.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitrose & Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement