Wakefield Council logo
Wakefield Council

Wakefield Council Culture reviews

Clear
Work-life balance

Some great teams but systems need improving

Team are supportive however the systems/ procedures in place needs much improvements. The current climate is high pressured due to the rapid changes.

Pros

team work

Cons

pressures

Best council to work for

I worked for Wakefield Council for just over a year on the rehabilitation team in knotitngley. I couldn't of asked for a better set of people to work with. Line managers were all supportive and the overall managers were supportive always. Wakefield Council provided excellent training and training days were always accommodating. I was sad when I had to leave, I've never enjoyed a job so much in my life. A great service. You could always speak to management/colleagues in confidence about any issues in or outside of work.

Pros

Staff, service users, pay, training

Lovely place to work

Well led and managed, good work life balance and brilliant team work. No nasty office politics, really supportive and productive colleagues and managers.

Pros

Amazing teamwork

Cons

Great department to work in - Economic Development!

Everyone from the senior management right through to the cleaners who work here were all fantastic. It was a great place to work and gave me the job satisfaction which others jobs have failed to do. In Economic Development, specifically, the team are dynamic in their approach and operate like the private sector. They really do want to make a genuine difference within the locally economy. Thanks for the support whilst in your employ, Wakefield Council.

Productive & great workplace culture

Great team, very supportive and helpful. Great learning environment for students. Felt appreciated and a part of the team. Lots of learning opportunities.

Active and fun workplace

Very understanding members of staff, always feel included and part of the team. All opinions and suggestions are welcomed and reviewed Work includes being in the office as well as out and about which is fantastic Very dynamic workplace

Good staff but senior management are a disgrace

Enjoyed working with my fellow colleagues but the HR and senior management are all bully boys hiding behind policies and have no respect for staff members

Great place to work at

Friendly staff and great working environment. Really enjoy working here. Only moving on as I require a better wage. great place to work for and would recommend anyone

A good position

A very good company to work for within customer services. An outstanding team of people all very supportive of each other. Shame certain team leaders have favourites and favour them over others.

Teaching - no work life balance

Some schools managed brilliantly well and staff are well supported, whilst others are managed terribly with no consideration to staff and very little support given. Great working with the children, if teaching was about teaching children - the job would be brilliant, but too much in the way of politics, box ticking and paperwork has now ruined what should be a fantastic profession. No longer about teaching children, it is more about wanting children to fit into boxes and ticking boxes for the government. Ridiculous workload often 60 hr wks make the pay not very good.

Pros

Great to work with children

Cons

Very long hours

Great employer

Good company to work for shame about job security. Good day to day responsibilities and great people to work with. I enjoyed my time working here.

amazing helpful friendly management

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Very quick at getting you signed up to there company and getting you into work. Over all the experience I had with its itn was brilliant ,

Pros

consistant work

Cons

not always in the same place

great teams

great team work great professionals working under pressure most days to deliver top quality advice to people very good reputation of delivering a good service to customers

Pros

flexible working scheme

Cons

not enough staff

Water Sports Receptionist

Working for the council allowed me to work within a friendly, supportive team at one of their water sports centers. The role consisted of dealing with the general public, which included a lot of regular visitors.

Good place to work for

Good place to work for. Driving through day to different places and meeting different people. Great team to work with. Felt that I had done a good job.

Pros

Seeing different people

Cons

stressful

Total inclusion , productive and motivative

It was worth it, as a voluntary worker was able to learn team work and working alone, which boost my confidence. I looked forward to go to work as co- workers where encouraging and supportive. I was totally included in all activities which makes me feel very comfortable . It is a training ground for my carer as support worker. Co-workers are encouraging and motivating.

Pros

Excellent team work and total inclusion .

Wish I never left

Great place to work, great people and I sometimes wisg I'd never took the decision to leave

Summary of Wakefield Council

A typical day at Wakefield Council after catching two trains first thing in the morning is that you are met with bright eyed co workers and friendly people. In this position I learned the how to use the Microsoft Content Management System which helped me gain some experience with how some websites work. The hardest part of this job was when there was no work to be done or if you completed all the work set out for you, you would be sat their until something else came along. The most enjoyable part was meeting my boss Steve who helped me with the many questions I had.

excellent workplace

nice to place to work overall enjoyable and would love to work there again

Pros

gained qualifications

Cons

small salary

A good place to work where staff worked as a team making it a enjoyable place of education for pupils

Working with S.E.N children. Being hands on and working with pupils from year 7 to 11 in variouse school subjects in the school timetable.As no two children are the same, learning different stratergies to engage a pupil and keeping them foccused.Working along side a supportive management as well as my fellow workers giving each other support and advice when needed reguarding individual pupils.The hardest part of the job is when there is no consistency. Job satisfaction is building trusting relationships,identyfieng weakneses and seeing progress being achieved.

Pros

educational /end of yearly term trips

Cons

non

Do not value staff

I worked on main Reception at Wakefield Town Hall and County Hall.I enjoyed meeting people and helping in any way I could. When working in both buildings I worked solo and with other co workers.The most enjoyable part of my job was being helpful and valued .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wakefield Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement