Walkers Charnwood Bakery

Walkers Charnwood Bakery Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews

Hard place to work for

It is not a nice place to work for. Management expect things that are not possible to do and they do not care about people anymore.Hard work and not appreciated at all.

16 August 2018
Thank you for reviewing Walkers Charnwood Bakery.We'd love to hear from you directly about the issue you have mentioned so that we may review where we could have done better & have the opportunity to make changes. We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.Please email our team: CharnwoodPersonnel@charnwood-bakery.co.uk and someone will be in touch soon to talk to you.

Not a good place to work

Worst place I have ever work. No management, too many managers, they think employees are just slaves for them. CEO,Managers ,supervisors etc . They think that all employees who work their in the factory are robots and jockers. Etc,etc.

Pros

Nothing free there

Cons

Everyday long hours shifts

Bad team work

Hi I just started working for the company and second day into the job I went home early as got shouted by team leader, what happened to making first starters feel welcomeed, very disappointed not a very good first impression, and loss of hours bad managers

Pros

Bad team leaders

Cons

Low pay

Disappointed

Poor management/no regards for employees/ lots of miss payments with no sense of humour. Heavy lifting, little or no break/the job is not easy but for a start you can manage it

Very fast , and very high expectations

This is a very demanding company to work for, they have very high standards and supply all the main customers. The product that they make is of the highest standard.

great place to work

typical day would start by pitting all personel items into your locker then putting on protective clothing then washing hands and going through a boot washer and then finding out what line you was working on. no two days are the same.

Pros

no pros

Cons

no cons

Real bad

This place was s a joke to work at the pm shift managers are bully’s and no one helps you, work long hours and have no life all they care about is making pies not about you or any health and safety

Productive and fun workplace

Walkers Charnwood Bakery - high job culture, High standard production, adequate payment for work and additional bonuses for employees. Very experienced management.

Pros

Christmas bonuses

A good place

I work in Packing on night shift. I like everything and enjoying it with my new colleagues. But sometimes the lines are a bit fast, so its hard to catch up, especially when you are new or when agency workers are on the line.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes lines a running fast

What a disgrace to samworths

Terrible, terrible place. Felt like a slave at times and people don’t care about others well being. I would describe them as fake! Plenty of low life’s at this place. Don’t bother Woking here!!!

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

16 August 2018

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walkers Charnwood Bakery?

poor workplace culture - unappreciative management

Samworth Brothers is very good overall. Walkers and son however is very poor place for working. Long hours, bad communicate between departments. Incompetent people who do not own responsibility which cause problem. Bad systems always errors. Worst part is management. Do not respect staff. No appreciation and nasty individuals. If seeking job choose another company in samworths not this one.

Pros

Some nice people

Cons

Work culture terrible / rude managers

16 August 2018

Friendly people and helpful environment

One of the best Samworth Brothers factory. Helpful people and good team work.Only the down side is not allow to take the holiday during the Christmas time and you have to work 12 h.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

No holiday in Christmas time

16 August 2018
Thank you for reviewing Walkers Charnwood Bakery.We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you enjoyed working for Walkers Charnwood Bakery.If you ever want to speak with us directly about your experience, please email: CharnwoodPersonnel@charnwood-bakery.co.uk and someone will be in touch!

Packing

The best place to work is packing department all staff are friendly in high care and low care. But the only thing in packing management are crip, supervisor force the staff to work over their hours with no breaks, They don’t appreciate even after we work 12 hours shift for Christmas for two weeks, we even don’t get holidays, where other Samworth Brothers co. Allow holidays. We are force to work on Bank holidays, We need change in management.

16 August 2018

mangement dont respect staff.

I would start the day in high care putting pies in to trays and end the day in low care packing the wrapped product into boxes. the management try to force overtime and don't take complaints serious. their seems to be a bullying culture hardest part of the job was cleaning the line at the end of the day. working in despatch was best part of the job.

Pros

profit share

Friendly Environment

I am flexible to any types of work. At a moment I work as a cover supervisor and obeying my responsibilities of production. And at end of my shift I got my target.

Pros

N.A

Cons

10 hours

16 August 2018
Thank you for reviewing Walkers Charnwood Bakery.We value all feedback.If you ever want to speak with us directly about your experience, please email: CharnwoodPersonnel@charnwood-bakery.co.uk and someone will be in touch!

heavy physical work

Hard work and back pain but people are friendly and pay is good. You need to be fast if you want to keep up with the production line.

productive

cooking pies, sorting deliveries,checking if everyone know what to do over team leader sickness

16 August 2018

productive and fun place to work

a typical day starts at 6 am and learned a variety of things to do the co workers were friendly there really wasn't any thing hard about the job enjoyable part was the satisfaction of getting the task done by what was set out by the production manager

16 August 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walkers Charnwood Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement