Wandsworth Borough Council
View all Wandsworth Borough Council reviews

Wandsworth Borough Council

Wandsworth Borough Council Employee Review

WBC is a good place to work. Great staff benefits!

My tipical days at work are very hectic and unpredictable. This can be very stressful, as well as great fun. Whilst working for WBC I have learnt a lot: it is a place that gives great opportunities for learning and development. My colleagues are very supportive and helpful.

Pros

Staff benefits and discounts. 31 days annual leave.

Cons

No job progression.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

employment security

working with tenants with various issues from repairs to rents. organising of empty dwellings for new tenants. it was enjoyable as the workload was always varied. the hardest part was sometimes tenants were not always 100% happy

Pros

employment security and varied roles

Cons

travel
Same location

Interesting and enjoyable work

I was employed as a parks constable and was sworn in the office of constable by a magistrate, the training was in house and was very intense and had exams to pass at the end of training. The work colleagues were great and helped each other all the time when needed but when you work for a council there are politics involved with the running of the service and that comes at a cost when central government make cuts so I was made redundant in 2012 due to cuts. I loved my job at Wandsworth I enjoyed going to work everyday and would still be there if the cuts did not happen.

Pros

Good pay, leave and conditions

Cons

Politics
Same location

Job working at Wandsworth Borough Council

The job was one where there was a great deal of variety ranging from drafting letters,answering phones sorting mail, mail merging etc Also had to do invoicing of requisition for payment and recorded delivery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wandsworth Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement

Wandsworth Borough Council Reviews by Location

• Wandsworth Borough Council
  • WBC is a good place to work. Great staff benefits!