Wandsworth Borough Council
View all Wandsworth Borough Council reviews

Wandsworth Borough Council

Wandsworth Borough Council Employee Review

Wonderfull job and wonderful people

While doing my role to my utmost there was still time to bond with excellent colleagues. The work at hand may be harrowing at times your colleagues will support you.

5.0Job security/advancement

Interesting and enjoyable work

I was employed as a parks constable and was sworn in the office of constable by a magistrate, the training was in house and was very intense and had exams to pass at the end of training. The work colleagues were great and helped each other all the time when needed but when you work for a council there are politics involved with the running of the service and that comes at a cost when central government make cuts so I was made redundant in 2012 due to cuts. I loved my job at Wandsworth I enjoyed going to work everyday and would still be there if the cuts did not happen.

Pros

Good pay, leave and conditions

Cons

Politics

Ever changing goal-posts

Constant staff reviews, mean cuts. Poor resources and development opportunities scarce. Hours are fairly standard in office based roles. Culture is fairly mundane and not innovative. Good to work for people that need you.

Job working at Wandsworth Borough Council

The job was one where there was a great deal of variety ranging from drafting letters,answering phones sorting mail, mail merging etc Also had to do invoicing of requisition for payment and recorded delivery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wandsworth Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement

Wandsworth Borough Council Reviews by Location

• Wandsworth Borough Council
  • Wonderfull job and wonderful people
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?