Wandsworth Borough Council

Wandsworth Borough Council Employee Reviews in London

Interesting and enjoyable work

I was employed as a parks constable and was sworn in the office of constable by a magistrate, the training was in house and was very intense and had exams to pass at the end of training. The work colleagues were great and helped each other all the time when needed but when you work for a council there are politics involved with the running of the service and that comes at a cost when central government make cuts so I was made redundant in 2012 due to cuts. I loved my job at Wandsworth I enjoyed going to work everyday and would still be there if the cuts did not happen.

Pros

Good pay, leave and conditions

Cons

Politics

Job working at Wandsworth Borough Council

The job was one where there was a great deal of variety ranging from drafting letters,answering phones sorting mail, mail merging etc Also had to do invoicing of requisition for payment and recorded delivery.

Hospital Social Work

Wandsworth Borough Council provided a working culture which valued the Continual Professional Development of its employees. Structures and protocols were clear and the leadership team approachable.

Pros

Values its employees

Cons

IT system

Good organisation to work for.

Lovely team to work for, remained an employee for many years - good work/life balance. Rewarding experience and excellent employer. Only left employment due to relocation.

Pros

flexible working, company pension scheme

Cons

red tape

Advisor

I was first point of contact for Adult Social Services and no 2 days were ever the same. My role involved creating referrals for further support for adults.

Productinve and challenging environment

Work starts 8:00 and ends 18:00 with break from 12:00 to 14:00. Learned to manage clients and suppliers; first hand experience of purchasing and stock control. Co-workers responsive and willing. Embedding best practices and new approaches to work were the hardest part of job. The most enjoyable part of job was planning and evaluating operations.

Pros

Experience gained in commercial environment

Cons

Worked half days on Saturdays

WBC is a good place to work. Great staff benefits!

My tipical days at work are very hectic and unpredictable. This can be very stressful, as well as great fun. Whilst working for WBC I have learnt a lot: it is a place that gives great opportunities for learning and development. My colleagues are very supportive and helpful.

Pros

Staff benefits and discounts. 31 days annual leave.

Cons

No job progression.

very fun and relaxed work place.

The day at the office would always start of with a cup of coffee, I enjoy catching up with colleagues and finding out how their night/weekend went. Throughout the day my manger would assign me tasks to complete with various customers e.g. swap out broken monitor, and then it would be up to me to arrange times with the customer to complete the task, baring in mind my other calls and arrangements i have made with other customers. My co-workers were very supportive and would always help me out with problems I had, as finding a call i couldn't complete was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part was participating in Lunchtime football my colleagues arranged, this help bonding and friendship.

Productive and fun workplace

The most enjoyable part of my work at Wandsworth Borough Council is: 1) careers advice and guidance on jobs, colleges and apprenticeships to younger people, and 2) assistance with practical in ICT and tuitions in GCSE and AS/A Level computing. I design and manage graphic displays using the ONELAN Digital Signage Net-Top-Box. I am also a sports leader in Basketball, Volleyball and Bocca with young people with Learning Difficulties.

Wandsworth Borough is a sought after borough because of its low council tax, and excellent values. It is a good company to work for

I started at 0700, got the bus ready making sure there is fuel water and the bus is clean. Then with an escort, at 0800 we picked up our designated children, which usually consisted of about 8-14 children.We dropped them off at school. Some days I transport them to swimming or other sports.Then by 1500 we pick them up and transport them home. After which I take the bus back to the depot, clean it and then head home.

Pros

a lot of time off in the day between dropping the children off and picking them up

Cons

wages was low for full time employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wandsworth Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement

Wandsworth Borough Council Reviews by Location

• Wandsworth Borough Council
  • London
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?