Warburtons

Warburtons Employee Reviews

A work with such a well structured professionalism exhibited. With WARBURTONS you can explore and experience different areas or environment to work and learn.
Pros
Pay less for a loaf
Cons
Traditional family run business with excellent values, very pro training and structured with insights into all areas of the business.If they had a suitable job available, I would love to work there again!
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Unsocial hours at times
Warburtons is a great company to work for , easy job and easy money , But the only thing I can say is If your not one for getting out of bed really early this isn’t the job for you , but on the plus side it’s job and knock , once you finish your round you go home and have the afternoon and evening
Pros
Good pay, easy job
Cons
Early mornings
Typical day would start at 4am get keys and lines for shop orders, go find the route your on make some orders and head out. Dont belive the 5over 7 there working week is a sunday to saturday so youll do 6 days and 1 day off then maybe anther 5days for 1 day off then 3 or 4 days working for 2 days off, place is going to kill someone management dont care, it is job and finish so some guys start at 4 and finished by 9am others its more like 11-12before you finish, its not all as great as its made out to be, 6 weeks training not a chance if you get 3 weeks youll be doing well. Hoildays can only take full weeks, cant take single days, just look up the accidents in the last 6 months, but long as the bread is delivered. They are always needing drivers to work overtime move shifts about if drivers call in sick vans are taking off the road, if you do overtime which is on whennon your hoildays its time and a half ONLY THING FAMILY ABOUT WARBURTONS IS THE NAME OTHER THAN THAT IT MEANS NOTHING
Pros
Cheap bread
Cons
Longs ours, just a number, they havent got a clue
Really enjoyed my time at warburtons and will be sad to go but couldn’t turn down a new opportunity. All management are very good and easy to speak to about anything. All drivers are helpful. It’s very early mornings but you finish around dinner time and the pay is excellent.
Pros
Excellent pay, management are great, co-workers are helpful, early finish
Cons
Very early start, lots of weekends in
Prior to starting thought Warbies was going to be the best place to work. However found no place for engineers. Hence they struggle to keep mangers in the department.
Pros
Good pension
Cons
Non engineering culture
25 years ago, warburtons paid a good wage for a hard days work. 4 to 6 years ago,sales were slightly down, prompting the company to offer 2.5% pay deals using the lower sales as an excuse. The past 3 years the company has been booming,with taking on extra work with iceland,tescos, soon coop as well as the covid panic buying. We have just had a ridiculous pay offer of 1.7% which is an insult to the hard working staff. The warburton family are great people,but I'm afraid the new management have never done a hard physical days work within the company and are obviously trying to justify thier own positions.
Pros
Cheap quality product, in house training
Cons
Unreasonable work loads, unpaid overtime, favouritism
Strongly advise to join the union as soon as possible as in my experience the management have limited knowledge of employment legislation. Heavy handed and rude "team leaders" who do not lead.
Pros
Yearly bonus based on company profits.
Cons
4 am start and poor leadership.
Great people to work with. I worked in the shaw depot and it was a good job.Worked in the slicing department and new the job inside out and there main focus is safety and ensuring the place is spotless
Pros
Breaks and pay
Cons
Long hours and nights
I would most definitely would of stayed here to work. The people you work with, and the job is easy. The thing that ruined it was the agency I worked for, because they didn't pay me for a week I worked, so I left.
Pros
People you work with, easy work
Cons
Start & finish early. Great people to work for. They look after the community as well by giving away what they don't sell to schools & food banks etc.
Worked at Warburton for a few months as a trainee class2 driver.Lousy start time. Other drivers were miserable & wishing they were elsewhere. Atmosphere was terrible. Treated & spoken to poorly.No life outside of the job. Pay was good though. Many times order papers weren't printed out on time & meant you were already late out & happened many times. Once order papers came through, you were made to pick 75% of orders. A dispatchers job not the driver meaning you were even later leaving the depot. Management on occasions pushing you to get picked orders done quickly. Your truck is monitored while you're out on the road. No revving the engine above 3000rpm & no speeding either. CCTV in the cabs to keep an eye on you yet they wanted you back asap to the depot. Plus they demand you keep all order paperwork is filled in correctly or you get a bollocking for it with minor mistakes. Even more time out on the road pen pushing. The CPC trainer was a bloody bully & full of himself. Mr know it all.If you want a good wage, go there. If you want recognition, respect, & treated with some decency for your job go elsewhere. I've never worked somewhere where I felt as though you're treated like a robot.
Pros
Wages.
Cons
Long days, poor management, CPC Trainer is a bully, no respect for what you do...
In 2 words stay clear In my experience 1 team leader had it in for me and did all he could to get me out apart from him all was good but when he and few others insulted a lady they got off with it it was 1 rule for them and 1 for us drivers
Pros
Cheap bread
Cons
Long hours bad team leaders
I didn’t work here long as it was an awful place to work. During induction they kept saying it’s a great place to work and the only way you can lose your job is if you lose it for yourself. After completing my induction my father was taken ill and I had to be there to help out. They didn’t give a monkeys and told me that I was skating on thin ice. Screw them family comes first plus I was only off for two days. Carried on for a little while longer but hated it from the early starts to the poorly planned routes. Avoid like the plague!!!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Poor management!
Bristol Warburtons is terrible , management have favourites, team leaders are bullies and spend most of their day in the canteen. HR is a complete joke and will talk about your personal issues with anyone they want in and out of the company, so everyone in the workplace ends up knowing your business. Toxic environment polish colleagues stick together and intimidate new British starters , whilst they sit in the canteen and have 1 , 2 hour Breaks. Avoid this place horrible environment the people running this place should be ashamed of themselves.
Pros
Cons
People, work life balance, Money
not great hours mix of weekend and week day nights not enough time off to spend with family. would not want to go back the only good thing was the pay
Great set of colleagues there to help you if you need them. Management need to relax off you a bit but they are fair. They are very keen on health and safety so if you can’t work safe don’t apply to them.
Pros
Great pay, good colleagues and good perks
Cons
Working 5 from 7 and 4am starts and management on your back.
Worked there 17 years until they shut down bakery and was made redundant. Very good place to work for, good team to work with, would be happy to work there again.
Ok at first but turned out to be a bunch of back stabbing 2 faced and false ppl with the exception of 3 people they even geve me a disciplinary ( time keeping )when my father passed away and tried not paying me when my mrs was having a baby claiming fathers didn’t get anything when a child is born
Pros
Money and thats it
Cons
False ppl and liars
Never known a blue chip company to employ so many incompetent managers they have no idea about HR, compliance or work life balance. Yes the pay is good but they treat you like slaves. Drivers are treated unfairly although during Covid-19 they were praising them as key workers they would do anything for publicity shambles of a place!
Pros
Times are unsociable key in and out? Get questioned if minute early or late do not listen Esther there way or by by more management than staff blame culture by managers they use cct to put blame onto people
  1. Employee reviews