Warner Leisure Hotels
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Warner Leisure Hotels Employee Reviews

United Kingdom154 reviews

Stressful and hard work but fun

It’s a nice job to be in if you like to work independently (like me), Only problem I had is getting holiday off. Whenever I request a holiday it’s always been declined ! Had about a week in total off while working there for nearly a year !! They also refuse you to see your contract !

Management are useless

Working at Warners is VERY stressful in housekeeping you get 15 minutes for each room which is the same for other budget hotels but you have MORE things to put in,in these rooms. In the restaurant your moaned at by Team leaders/guests,food running out. Unless you want to be a manager you have no chance of progressing.

Pros

Free food for live in staff

Cons

Long hours under paid not appreciated

Insights into Warner Leisure Hotels

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Fun to work

Face paced, hard work. But good laugh. Great place. Supportive through covid etc Only left as I didn’t want to work weekends anymore. Lovely site. Could do with a little upgrade

Beautiful place, hit or miss staff

High turnover of staff which is no surprise considering the "profit over quality" motto the company seems to operate by. Pay staff the bare minimum and expect the maximum output, invest nothing into the actual upkeep of the hotel, won't replace 20 year old worn out carpets that are ripped and coming away from the underlay, don't care about stains or marks on the walls or furniture, only replace fixtures and fitting with cheap tacky alternatives that don't last and constantly need replacing, etc, etc... yet still charge an absolute fortune to the naive guests who say they wouldn't even consider visiting the hotel if they knew how it was run before they booked!

Pros

Beatiful picturesque place to work Some staff are good fun.

Cons

"Profit over quality" motto and narcissistic management.

Stressful and always short staffed!

Constantly understaffed with too many guests, causing staff to become stressed and overworked. Would not recommend working here to anyone!

Really bad management

The complex is lovely , but they treat staff very poorly. There’s a high staff turnover rate in the bar , restaurant and housekeeping teams , meaning they are always understaffed . Poor managers that don’t support their teams and shouldn’t be managers . Minimum pay , long hours and little flexibility.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Bad working environment, high staff turnover

It's a good place to work

I have been here for nearly 3 years and have had countless opportunities offered to me to progress through F and B. I honestly can't complain. This company is worth working for, you have just got to decide your self if you want to work here.

Pros

60% off lunch

Cons

Can be fun with the right team members.Management don't care.Constantly amend your shifts

Used to be a fantastic company to work for but has gone down hill alot! Don't really get much benefits to what you used to get. (If any)Constantly changing your shifts.Run by people who are very young and seem to be inexperienced. No progression is offered if wanting to go further within the company.

Pros

Cons

Change shifts last minute Take hours off what your contracted Minimum wage

Not Worth It

Constantly short on staff (I wonder why that could be…), which leaves more to do for existing staff. The job itself very stressful but that’s waitressing for you. The longer I worked there the longer the shifts got; what was supposed to be a 9:30pm finish was often closer to 11:00pm. Hours also gradually increased. I had a 12 hour contract as I am a student, yet over the holidays they would put me on almost every day, often with split shifts. One 50-hour week left me in tears. I spoke to management about it and they said they would decrease my shifts but didn’t - the first week back at college, when I told them I would have to go back to 12, they put me for double that! Lower-level staff often very grumpy and stressed, yet management don’t seem to understand the problem. Easy for them when they can take a 20 minute break as everyone else is frantically trying to close up, already an hour or so late. Social life? Hobbies? A decent sleep schedule? Forget it. Management would often try to lift our spirits by promising a staff night out, but this never happened in my year and a half of working there. Stay away, if you know what’s good for you.

Pros

Food after shift. Nice team members.

Cons

Management not compassionate. Hours will increase without your consent. Very stressful environment.

Decent place to work but management needs improving

management is pretty horrible about team members sometimes and has favorites but it's a family atmosphere with the rest of the team, guests are often friendly and tip well, hours are long sometimes and shifts can be either easy and fun or extremely stressful. Every day is different.

Pros

Great team around you, 60% Discount on food and drinks, Free breakfast and dinner sometimes, Targets with incentives, Massive discount on Warner Holidays, 20% off Butlins

Cons

Not much social life Some days are only 4 hours, others 12 Management can be awful and unhelpful Lots of young people that may not work hard

Poor management and lack of empathy

Have worked with Warner’s for a while now, the management have no empathy towards their team about situations outside of work which makes it harder for them to be fully on board at work. Pay is reasonable if your a student, if your full time, probably not as it barely covers the cost of living. Wouldn’t chose to work here again.

Pros

Reasonable pay

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, no empathy

Good secure job if your not a dribbler

Good to work, management pretend to care most of the time but don't. Guests are awful most of the time. A good team around you makes it bearable.Pay is in line with living wage, great if your 18, less so over 25

A great place to work

Great investment into the hotels and team development.Culture is team focused and you are well looked after.The hotels ae superbly equipped and invested into on a yearly basis.

Pros

Great leadership

Terrible place to work

There is a lack of respect for the staff that work for the hotel. Management treat you like dirt and are barely capable of doing the job that they’re meant to do. There is no care for staffs health, emotional, mental and physical combined. You’re expected to work no matter how well you are. If you want a work life balance then I strongly suggest to not even consider working for the company. This is the worst job I ever had.

Prision

Awful managers one sided always look after there friends and everyone has to suffer they are always sat down and on there phones very lazy working there is like a prision

Pros

Cons

Leaving work

Teamwork essential

At Nidd Hall, when you help someone they'll help you, all you have to do is ask and they're sure to do the same for you. They do however expect you to speed up as you progress

Pros

Occasional coach trips mean less pressure to things done

Cons

Most of your shift as a porter is spent alone even though you haven't been fully trained

Terrible pay

It was the worse pay I’ve ever got in the U.K. Would not recommend it to anyone who needs to pay their bills. No regard or looking after the staff at all. Very sad and mean employer.

Worst company ever

Dreadful company , I escaped from there in July hated every day , they treat team with no respect Housekeeping are really not interested in you having a life outside of work. They changed my days and hours whenever they wanted and it 'wasn't their problem' if it caused me childcare issues , you were expected to turn up regardless. Some of the extended team sit around with team leaders eating and drinking tea gossiping about team members who had anxiety attacks, running them down . moaning if team rang in sick and deciding for all to hear how they didn't believe they were ill . The favourites who were always with team leaders or head housekeeper got away with doing very little work while others were tearful and stressed with the amount of rooms they had to clean especially on change over day . Minimum wage for maximum effort with no good feedback only time they bothered commenting on your work was if you missed something or a guest spotted a cobweb outside the room you cleaned, the windows outside the rooms are disgusting as are all the outside areas with cobwebs they expect you to clean , only given 40 minutes per room but expect top to toe deep clean change beds hoover mop etc Felt so sorry for the girls who worked hard and helped new ones who struggled whilst managers team leaders sat around running them down . Shameful ....

Pros

Nice guests working with nice team members

Cons

Management, pay

Awful

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!! treat you like your below them, treat you like you owe them. The are rude nasty and horrid to you, never good enough, expect you to do everything and never a thanks in sight

Pros

Cons

everything they are rude, no team work, and team leaders and above think they are above the law

Poor

Poor work ethics, lack of training, very poor communication, rude staff members and a terrible organisation to work for. Minimum wage and no breaks.Unwelcoming people.No compassion shown for individuals trying to “learn as you go” on the job.

Cons

Work in leisure and it’s awesome. Easy job to do. All I do is talk to guest and pretend I’m listening which is very easy to do. Activity are decent to do as well.

Pros

Earn money just to talk to people

Cons

Don’t get free lunch which is a disgrace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warner Leisure Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement