Warrington Borough Council logo
Warrington Borough Council

Warrington Borough Council Employee Reviews

Team work

The role as SW was great at hospital as the team worked well together. Management was not very good at the time I was there. Salary was not very good for experienced workers compared to other councils which Is one of the reasons I moved on.

Pros

Lunch can be purchased on premises

Cons

Managers too many (3)

Poor management

After a week of being there 2 managers were sacked and no suitable replacements found no structure in the training process found ourselves sat around for hours waiting for training ridiculous management also was forced to take a weeks holiday because the trainer was off hilarious!

There is a reason why many people have been here for like 10 years.In my personal experience I have been provided flexibility to work and good team that can work to support each other.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Need more staff

Stuck in the stone age

The culture here is slow paced and the staff and team are unhelpful and with a 'not my job attitude' I would advise people to think twice about working in environment which is so stuck in it's ways. Customer service is lacking and the organisation is depressing.

Pros

Job for life

Cons

Shocking culture, slow pace and treats external customers badly

Horrible place to work

Its a dirty , smelly job , with poor pay, the management are liars and bullies ! The only good thing is a 4 day week which are long and wet most of the time. Your colleagues are mostly old washer women who will stab you in the back as soon as look at you , but there are some great lads there too .

Pros

4 day week

Cons

Poor managers, colleagues, and pay !!

A business with expectant managers and outcomes

It's busy and fast passed. Management are strict and KPI driven. It is nice to help the people of the Town. I found it hard to constantly have changes thrust upon you, with minimal instruction. A high turn over in staff.

Pros

Non

Average

Obviously, there are some great people who are working at the warrington Borough Council. However, to my experience there are some narrow minded self interest people in charge who weren’t doing good services for this great town. I wish I could have written a bit more positive feedback:-(

No consistency in job benefits

Great pay for the job you do but benefits i.e flexi time are at individual managers discretion and some don’t allow it at all even though staff are taken on with the promise of flexible working hours. No consistency in management decisions in relation to this, certain managers just seem to like controlling staff and limit flexibility for no good reason.

Was very clicky and made me quite stressed in my day to day work. Not very well managed at all and no support when dealing with customers on main reception when I was trying to learn the job/procedures. Team members were approachable but my team leader was not very approachable and made me feel like he did not want me there.

Foster carers

Foster care you get paid for children not for yourself. The funding you get for the child and not for yourself. The money helps with household bills but the money is for clothing food hobby .

Jobs at Warrington Borough Council

See more jobs

It was independent work

A typical day of work was about 3 hours of delivering newspapers around my local community. I earned about 3.50 an hour. The company would send me the newspapers every week to my house and paid me every month to my bank account. The hardest part of the job was working in the winter when it was pouring down rain and i had to make sure the newspapers never got damaged by the conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in summer outside.

Pros

It was very calm working at night in the streets.

Cons

When it freezing cold my hands got very numb and hurt.

Have only been there five weeks

I have only worked at Warrington own buses for five weeks so I can’t really say what the company is about or like I would say it is ok with the short time have been there

Fantastic employers

Excellent company to work for. The staff are fantastic and the support that is offered to all staff is second to none. I enjoyed my time working there and would do again.

Caring environment

Most enjoyable part of my job is to see children's development and how their needs need to be supported to achieve their best. Seeing smiles and how happy they are in our school makes my job worth everything.

Pros

Great communication

Cons

Low earnings

Productive work place

A nice place to work. I have the opportunity to work with great team members who are very passionate about what they do. I am happy to be here to support the entire transformation programme.

great to work for, unfortunately a lot of fixed term contracts

Good hours, lovely seeing children you work so closely with progress. Great friendly staff and copable workload. Only problem is barely any permanent contracts around.

Pros

good hours and holidays.

Cons

fixed term contracts

No opportunities

My time at WBC was not inspiring, there was not much opportunity for career progression and the working environment was not a pleasant one. The work was not explained in a manner you could understand, which made it difficult to meet deadlines and complete reports required.

It was a peaceful job delivering to local community but also hard work

It was a peaceful job delivering to local community but also hard work. The community was very kind and sometimes they gave me a tip on the odd occasion. They where always friendly and never caused me any trouble. They all appreciated the work I was doing and where grateful.

Pros

Got to excersise while on the job and paid for it aswell

Cons

The newspapers where very heavy and it did hurt my arms but I pushed through it

Good Employer

Supporting pupils to reach their maximum potential. Small group intervention or nurture groups. Part of the school Safeguarding Team using CPOMS to record incidents and speaking to both parents and other professionals to assist parents and pupils at home.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Innovative, creative and great place to work

As an interim manager i was welcomed and felt part of the larger organisation. The leadership was second to none, with exceptional knowledge and experience throughout. An organisation that welcomed change and lead by example.

Pros

Good leadership

Cons

Travel

A good job around college.

I was a leisure assistant for the council around college and Open University. A typical day at work usually consisted of ensuing the safety of the customers; overseeing events; reception work; lifeguarding and cleaning. The main things I learned whilst at this job for 6 years were customer service skills, team work and problem solving. The culture of the job was relaxed when time schedules were met. The hardest part of the job was the 0 hour contract as the hours were very inconsistent. Although there were a lot of positives to chose from, the main ones that stand out are the colleagues that I met whilst working there and the general work experience.

Pros

Integration throughout the different roles

Cons

Inconsistent working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warrington Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement