Water Babies

Water Babies Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom12 reviews

A truly unique company where you are allowed to flourish and let your true self shine

It broke my heart to leave Water Babies because it is a one off company. To be a Water Babie is being part of a family whereby what you bring in terms of personality / skill set / life experience is valued over and above dress code / formality of the corporate world. I am proud to have given 100% commitment to an organisation that is passionate about what it does; if you cut a WB employee or franchisee in half, blue and orange will flow out. Compassion, focus, determination, fun and care is applied to everyone and everything the company does.

Pros

Free lunch once a month, Costa runs, regular check ins re work / life balance, free 24/7 employee assistance, 1 hour lunch breaks, free car parking, relaxed dress code

16 March 2021
One of our internal promises is that ‘We’ll inspire you with passion and progress’ and we’re so pleased to hear that you’ve experienced that. Thank you for your commitment and we wish you all the best in your future career.

It was fine

Overall okay job, people were good to work with however management was overseas and difficult to communicate with, hours were few and far between. Was promised many opportunities that were taken from me and offered to other people.

Insights into Water Babies

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Great company

Amazing job, one of the most enjoyable jobs I’ve ever had. Only left due to illness otherwise I never would of left. Loved my job more than anything.

Pros

Hours, Pay, Management

16 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re so pleased that you enjoyed your time with WB’s and we wish you all the best for the future.

Friendly workplace where everyone was "hands on"

Water Babies was a great franchise to work for where everyone worked as a strong team. Franchisee owners were very open and fair to staff. The most rewarding part of working at Water Babies was knowing that we'd made a positive difference to thousands of children's development.

Pros

Working within such a lovely team

16 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always look to celebrate the positive. We’re an awesome company with awesome people doing awesome things, and we’re so glad you agree.

Excellent Company

Really good company to work for. The management and office staff are friendly and relaxed. They respond quickly to questions. Overall extremely good. !!!!

16 March 2021
We’re really pleased to hear that your questions were answered quickly, we firmly believe the key is to talk and listen. Progress is built on communication. Wishing you the best for the future.

Terrible Work Culture

At face value this should be a fun place to work, but there is a complete absence of strategic leadership at the highest level and a poisonous blame culture which filters from the top level. The senior management lack any emotional intelligence and empathy for staff who are spread thin across a completely unrealistic work programme for a SME. Staff go unrecognised and unrewarded whilst the company ownership uses company revenue for lavish overseas trips, vehicles and other personal luxuries. It's a shame as there are some genuinely good people who work there.

Pros

Good coffee!

Cons

Blame culture

Great local company

Wonderful local office with great staff and a real commitment to baby swimming and its benefits. Overall a very good company to work for, although the salary and benefits could definitely be improved.

Fun Environment

A nice workplace with lovely staff members who communicate well with co-workers as well as the customers, The work environment is well managed and done so with fair and strict instructions.

Pros

Lovely Staff Members

Hands on

Working for Water Babies was a great experience after having graduated from university, however, I always knew it was a stepping stone towards new challenges and opportunities. I learnt a lot since I had other duties apart from Marketing.

Pros

fun, enjoyable

Cons

small team, no opportunities to grow.

Incredible team of amazing people

Working at Water Babies Ltd was incredible, it is such a fun, supportive network of amazing characters. I honestly couldn't think of a bad thing to say about my job as it was a true privilege to work there. I learned a lot about my own abilities to adapt and learn thanks to the wonderful team I had around me and for me the hardest part was leaving.

Busy fast paced environment

It was a fast paced position with different challenges each day and each week, scheduling courses, speaking to teachers, sorting post and emails, dealing with people over the phone and face to face, cover for absences/sickness, prioritising work loads, sending out information packs, taking money, sometimes refunding money! My overall experience of this post was very enjoyable as it has varied workloads and different challenges each week.

average

when i first started working for water babies i as nervous as it was my first job but throughout the weeks it got easier. i got to know the parents better and the staff as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Water Babies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement