Water Babies

Water Babies Employee Reviews

It broke my heart to leave Water Babies because it is a one off company. To be a Water Babie is being part of a family whereby what you bring in terms of personality / skill set / life experience is valued over and above dress code / formality of the corporate world. I am proud to have given 100% commitment to an organisation that is passionate about what it does; if you cut a WB employee or franchisee in half, blue and orange will flow out. Compassion, focus, determination, fun and care is applied to everyone and everything the company does.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, Costa runs, regular check ins re work / life balance, free 24/7 employee assistance, 1 hour lunch breaks, free car parking, relaxed dress code
16 March 2021
One of our internal promises is that ‘We’ll inspire you with passion and progress’ and we’re so pleased to hear that you’ve experienced that. Thank you for your commitment and we wish you all the best in your future career.
Amazing job, one of the most enjoyable jobs I’ve ever had. Only left due to illness otherwise I never would of left. Loved my job more than anything.
Pros
Hours, Pay, Management
16 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re so pleased that you enjoyed your time with WB’s and we wish you all the best for the future.
Water Babies prides itself on being like 'one big family'. That's fairly accurate if they mean the Addams family. HQ is toxic. It's gossip-driven, filled with favoritism, yes-men, and vacuous people who have no original thoughts of their own and seem to get very far by repeating what others have said (including their jokes) or downloading their work, making minor unnecessary contributions, and receiving the same amount of praise. These people seem to get very far, casting some sort of spell over others. I have even found myself laughing at a joke I originally made that they then repeated back to me! They even copied a big element of someone else's Essence of Me interview presentation.The problems stem from the top but are exacerbated by the senior team. Instead of challenging the Founder, they bend to their will, even if they don't think it's best for the business. HQ also offers no protection from rude and entitled network of franchisees who have been known to make people cry on a regular basis.The division of labour is not spread evenly. Some teams will work all hours, while others get away with talking over biscuits and shopping online. Mentioning pay is sacrilege; Water Babies relies entirely on the good nature of the people it hires, emotionally blackmailing you into working far beyond your hours with no remuneration. Occasionally, the founder will decide to 'shake' things up with a round of redundancies. I have witnessed rounds and rounds of these. Newsflash; it's not them, it's you. You're losing and have lost good people. Maybe take a chance on keeping them around - more...
Pros
Some nice colleagues, great to work for a company where you're making a real difference in the world.
Cons
Long hours, little pay, toxic atmosphere, vapid people, zero consideration for staff mental wellbeing.
16 March 2021
Thanks for your feedback, we’re disappointed to hear that you feel this way. We want to continually improve the experience for all of our team, so we take your comments on board. We welcome you to come and talk to your line manager or our HR team directly at any time in line with our open-door policy.
Water Babies was a great franchise to work for where everyone worked as a strong team. Franchisee owners were very open and fair to staff. The most rewarding part of working at Water Babies was knowing that we'd made a positive difference to thousands of children's development.
Pros
Working within such a lovely team
16 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always look to celebrate the positive. We’re an awesome company with awesome people doing awesome things, and we’re so glad you agree.
Really good company to work for. The management and office staff are friendly and relaxed. They respond quickly to questions. Overall extremely good. !!!!
16 March 2021
We’re really pleased to hear that your questions were answered quickly, we firmly believe the key is to talk and listen. Progress is built on communication. Wishing you the best for the future.
At face value this should be a fun place to work, but there is a complete absence of strategic leadership at the highest level and a poisonous blame culture which filters from the top level. The senior management lack any emotional intelligence and empathy for staff who are spread thin across a completely unrealistic work programme for a SME. Staff go unrecognised and unrewarded whilst the company ownership uses company revenue for lavish overseas trips, vehicles and other personal luxuries. It's a shame as there are some genuinely good people who work there.
Pros
Good coffee!
Cons
Blame culture
Wonderful local office with great staff and a real commitment to baby swimming and its benefits. Overall a very good company to work for, although the salary and benefits could definitely be improved.
A nice workplace with lovely staff members who communicate well with co-workers as well as the customers, The work environment is well managed and done so with fair and strict instructions.
Pros
Lovely Staff Members
Cons
Working for Water Babies was a great experience after having graduated from university, however, I always knew it was a stepping stone towards new challenges and opportunities. I learnt a lot since I had other duties apart from Marketing.
Pros
fun, enjoyable
Cons
small team, no opportunities to grow.
Working at Water Babies Ltd was incredible, it is such a fun, supportive network of amazing characters. I honestly couldn't think of a bad thing to say about my job as it was a true privilege to work there. I learned a lot about my own abilities to adapt and learn thanks to the wonderful team I had around me and for me the hardest part was leaving.
It was a fast paced position with different challenges each day and each week, scheduling courses, speaking to teachers, sorting post and emails, dealing with people over the phone and face to face, cover for absences/sickness, prioritising work loads, sending out information packs, taking money, sometimes refunding money! My overall experience of this post was very enjoyable as it has varied workloads and different challenges each week.
when i first started working for water babies i as nervous as it was my first job but throughout the weeks it got easier. i got to know the parents better and the staff as well.