Waterloo Housing Group

Waterloo Housing Group Employee Reviews

The flexibility of home working and hours worked have helped with family life for everyone. Fast paced role and the need to multi task and be organised.
dealing with HR duties, listening to people and answring calls and lots of paperwork which is typical of HR duties. enjoyed my time here. People nice looked after by company
Overall good team/company, but It’s a case of ‘if your face fits’ and that goes with management and colleagues. Work is never straight forward, always something new to learn and emails are continually floating around.
This is probably one of the best company I have worked in great staff good wages plenty overtime training and courtesans part of the company paid for
Very good work life balance. Trades expected to do longer hours than office based workers. Management easy to get on with but often communications problems due to the large size of the company and bases in different areas in the UK. Poor salary for trades (especially gas work) Would suit tradespersons at the end of their career rather than just starting out.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Poor salary for tradespeople.
I spent 6 years working for Waterloo housing and I enjoyed all of it, I had great management and worked with a great team, only downside that there was no way of promotion in the Lincolnshire area. Best company I’ve worked for.
i had worked at waterloo housing group to study painting and decorating , I received no help if any with accomplishing my case studies to complete my nvq level 2 workplace placement . furthermore my supervisor had a problem with me because I wanted to do the job correctly and to the best of my ability ,which then over time effected me accomplishing my goals gaining further employment with this training provider.
Pros
good benefit structure
Cons
being treated fairly
Management within this organisation is appalling. Staff are overworked with one person carrying workload for 2 or more. Complete lack of support from management and HR. Complete lack of adequate training for new starters. Moral is low. Staff are not valued at all. In many cases it's a case of if the face fits.
I worked for this company for a number of years. This was a great company to work with at first. I was moved to a department that was amazing to work under. Had a wonderful manager who left (unexplained) and another took over and that was the beginning of my problems. I was bullied... Needless to say, the HR didn't care about my concerns..eventually I resigned. Their people's values : Zero!
Pros
Salary increment every year
Cons
Zero Peoples values
Its a large organisation with good prospects but only if your face fits, good salary and perks but the recruitment is very bias.
Pros
good salary
Cons
bias recruitment, inexperience managment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Waterloo Housing Group?
Waterloo Housing Group is a fun place to work at, the benefits are very good (24 days holiday, day after birthday given as holiday) The management are very helpful.
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Expected to work longer hours.
At presant I am working part time, as everyday is the same it goe's quickly, busy cleaning toilets, kitchen, offices, hoovering, dusting/ polishing. and comunicating with office staff. I have learned the company has grown, and so has my skills working in a office enviroment as a lone worker and as part of a team and many certificates job related. I have learned that manament can be approchable. I am always friendly and adaptable and a good team player with my work colleges. I cannot say that l struggle to find the hardest part because I enjoy my work.
Pros
medical insurance, and always seems promt in dealing with Issues.
Cons
I am not working enough hours.