Waterman Aspen

Waterman Aspen Employee Reviews

I learned how to work on my own in a quite office and I managed my workload, time management, learning who the hiring managers were (mainly offsite) then calling all of them to introduce myself and build rapport. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to people, finding candidates for contract work. Hardest part of the job was having to sit in a small room on my own facing the wall with no one to interact with, no team moral, no team at all.
I've been working with Waterman Aspen now for just under a year. So far I have no complaints, welcoming team, management are very friendly and down to earth. Not treated like just another number to the profit centre. Takes care of the staff, regularly keep in touch. Waterman Aspen specialise in secondment, fortunately for me I have been seconded close to home, and its honestly a great experience. Get to work on some extensive schemes regularly.
I've worked for Waterman Aspen for a few years now coming from a local authority background, I was nervous at first but my fears were soon allayed. They have a good team of managers who seem to genuinely care about their staff and listen to what I have to say. Even the senior managers are approachable and happy to support me. I'm getting good support on my Chartership objectives and my requests for training courses have always been granted. Good pay and company car is a great benefit too. Moving secondments can be daunting but I actually like the fact I'm not locked into one place, so moving around is something I see as a positive. I'd def recommend Waterman Aspen to my friends...
Pros
Company Car, salary and training
Cons
Not sure where my next secondment might be
Working in the Project Management and highways field, I really like how the secondment model works. I get to enjoy a variety of secondments and meeting new people, meaning I pick up skills and experiences a lot more quickly than I would in a normal consultancy environment. There is a big drive on training and development and the management team fully support career enhancement and learning. Financially Waterman Aspen are very competitive on salaries, plus I get a company car and travel costs paid for.
Pros
Training & development, company car
Since graduating from university I worked on secondment for Waterman Aspen to Warwickshire County Council in the Traffic and Road Safety Team. A typical day included providing CAD drawings for road safety engineering schemes, mainly working on schemes ranging from traffic calming to sign design whilst liaising with local councillors. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and the colleagues and management were very supportive.
Typical day is 8h but I had a bit of overtime to. I did not learned to much maybe bcs my project was very big and boring. Hard pard of the job is your deadline bcs you may be in very small team. I really enjoy Christmas Party. Go for it if you have a chance.
Pros
40h with overtime if you lucky
Cons
You may work on the same project for long while.
Waterman Aspen is a very good company to work for, providing varied types of work, good salary, great benefits and fun social events. The employees and managers have a very professional approach and provide clients with a professional service. The managers are very approachable and give support when required. I have been working for WA for 8 months and i am thoroughly enjoying my secondment to a private consultant in Leeds. I have learnt many new skills and been involved in some very interesting projects. The benefits of working for WA are extremely attractive, with a good pension and company car to name a few. Social events are really varied and are great for employees and partners to get together, catch up and have a fun time!
Pros
Varied work, benefits, social events
Cons
Possibility of long commute
Presently seconded to a LA working in the Highway Design Team on a variey of highway related schemes. Part of a team that is presently working on Town Centre Connectivity which has now lead onto some cycling infrastrucure work. All very intereting and enjoyable, previously worked directly for another LA and wish I had made the move to WA sooner. Very good supportive co-workers, good humoured environment.
Pros
Very supportive WA manager.
Cons
Excellent benefits package, training can be provided, secondments can be easily changed if not working out, paid down time, sometimes commutes can be long but in my experience WA management will always strive to allow you the best work/life balance as possible. Would and have recommended WA to friends.
Pros
Excellent salary, training available, approachable management
Cons
Commutes maybe long
Being in secondments allow for a variety of projects to work on and different working environments. I have worked for both consultancy and Local Authority companies and enjoy the different aspects. This is good for your CV to be versatile and adapt to most companies. My managers are very approachable and endeavour to satisfy any problems that may arise. I have been supported with my progression aims even though I'm qualified in another field via appraisals and regular meetings. Training and progression is priority as the more you progress the more desirable you are to new secondments. I would highly recommend working for Waterman Aspen.
Pros
Variety and benefits
Cons
Leaving a secondment you really like.
the work was typically interesting and varied as I covered a large area. the work widened my experience in development control.
Pros
good hours
Cons
travelling
I am seconded a county council. A typical day starts in the office between 6.00 & 7.00am. I work on a vast array of projects, from inspection of bridges and highway structures, feasibility reports and assessments, to CAD design. No two days are the same. Working at the CC is good, but on secondment i have found that you get treated different, with more high profile work going to the permanent staff at the CC to improve there knowledge and skills. I study part time for my degree and have been supported by getting day release, making up the remaining hours over a four day week. But this is as far as the training goes, no extra training courses or help from the employer to progress my career. Once you are in a placement, you need to develop on the job as there will be no further help. It is also extremely difficult to move to another placement to further your career. My line manager is very good, but is always to busy dye to commitment of his secondment and WA daily duties. overall opinion is that the company is good to work for if your at fully qualified and need no further training. If you do, its not the place for you.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of support and training
  1. Employee reviews