Waverley Borough Council

Waverley Borough Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

No envy there!

I really hope they transform business transformation as it is a horror show, management have made their way up in unethical ways, everyone’s under stress and you get abuse from not only customers but the rest of the council are against you

Pros

Doss

Cons

Many

Supportive and friendly

It’s a lovely place to work. People are friendly supportive and encouraging. Needs investment in systems. Good culture I feel very trusted. Great flexible and hybrid working.

Insights into Waverley Borough Council

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Best experience of my working life

This was a phenomenal experience and loved everyday the team behind me were amazing in helping me train up and progress further in my career I would recommend to anyone and I still have a great relationship with everyone there

Pros

Easy to learn the job and training program

Cons

No disabled toilet rectified quickly

Relaxed atmosphere

Lost my temping job due to Covid 19, as debt collection not appropriate at this time. The role itself was challenging but interesting. The various departments I dealt with where very helpful and friendly. Overall a nice place to work.

It was great for many years like a family. New management different culture.

I worked there for almost 30 years and loved it. Unfortunately I was made redundant in March 2019. It's not tbe same place anymore. However I got elected as a Waverley Borough Councillor in May 2019 so I'm back.

Productive, meaningful workplace

My working experience at Waverley Borough over the last year has been informative, enlighting and challenging - all of which have helped to grow my skills.

productive and fun work place

A typical day at work would be connecting with the families that I support to see how they are doing ; following up with what is on my to do list with regards to these families and discussing the family cases with my direct line manager, the senior family support coordinator. Every phone call or text that we undertake with regards to the refugee families that we support has to be entered in strictly confidential case notes together with any developments that are made with regards to the families, either through us visiting or contacting them by other means or through them contacting us and asking for our help and support.

Pros

flexbile working hours

Cons

the current uncertainty regarding funding and the continuity of my post as a result

Post room

Excellent employer. Great and encouraging manager to aid professional development. Good atmosphere and nice people. Flexi Time Benefits. Good location, Easy to get to from railway station.

Work Experience

General Work experience. Nice staff and facilities. Interesting topics and roles. Welcoming feeling and happy colleagues. Thanks for the opportunity here

Beautiful surroundings, a supportive workplace

Waverly Borough Council was set in one of the most grandest parts of the country and the beautiful surrey countryside. Farnham to the north of the Borough is a beautiful market town. The other three urban parts the district were Haslemere, Godalming and Cranleigh. At Waverly I was based at the main building so you get to know more people. I was the only person doing my job which was Tenant Consultation Officer so it was left to me to work on my own initiative, which I enjoyed I worked closely with a group of elected residents whom I got to know well and it gave me experience of seeing the service from the recipients side. I enjoyed organising functions for tenants, staff and councillors and being able to do on courses and workshops.

Pros

Courses, functions and conferences around the country

Cons

A lot of evening and weekend working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waverley Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement