Waverley School

Waverley School Employee Reviews

I worked with Key stage 1 for nearly a year and absolutely loved it! Waverley school has a lovely working environment where everyone is very understanding and helpful! No day is ever the same, and you can Guarantee that you will will leave with a smile on your face. The job is very varied, fast paced and fun. The interview process was lovely, it didn’t make me feel under pressure at all and the management team were very welcoming Overall I loved working here, the only downside was the very long hours, which often left me feeling very tired and drained.
Its nice getting to know the children, they are so bubbly. the staffs are welcoming and really friendly. most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone plays together.
This school served me for 5 years and did an amazing job! I felt in love with teaching, My favourite subject was anything physical (physical education and dance). I even got the chance to perform in front of a crowd in Crystal Palace.
A typical day at Waverley School is fun and unpredictable. Each and every day is different just like how each student differs and is unique in their own way. I was able to develop many skills from patience when dealing with students to time management when setting tasks and marking. Overall the it is a good school with a friendly environment.
a good workplace with a good team but it needs better management and the head teacher isnt very good. i think the facilities are good and management need some work.
Pros
good team
Cons
unfortunately my scores reflect the unfair treatment to staff by the manager which effected the culture of the workplace. although this was made aware by others within the organisation they allowed unfair treatment to continue towards staff members. This was a manager within the school not the school it self, is was the nursey side, that company is no longer their.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the children and their families
Cons
Not paid on time
The school is not the easiest to teach in. Anyone working there will encounter incidents regularly and the pace is very fast. However, to the right teacher, this job has its rewards: kids who really need a good start in life and a world class head teacher.
Pros
Working at an Outstanding School
Cons
You need to be resilient.