Wax Lyrical Ltd

Wax Lyrical Ltd Employee Reviews

I worked at wax lyrical for over 11 years and it was one of the best jobs I ever had but at the sowerby site the team leader is nothing but a bully making me have no other option bit go leave the money is not that great but the work is not that bad and never working weekend's and 2 week off at Christmas or what kept me at the company not really much of a ladder to climb but you can guarantee to get paid every month and walk away at end of day and forget about work so easy work not bad pay good sick pay health care benefits not a bad place to work just don't work down sowerby woods
Pros
Staff discount, good pension, weekends off healthcare
Cons
Shift work some team leaders and management pay not greatest
You walk in and are put on a line that they think you will be suited (sometimes not a good thing) and are straight on the job whilst working with people that have been there for years nagging at you to do this and that and have no training in that specific job or task before you approach it making you feel very uncomfortable. They give you seats if you feel the need to sit down, but there is a team leader that hates people sitting down even though you are working they feel the need to stare at you, while themselves are allowed to be seated 6+ hours in the day and make you feel like it's wrong to sit down and label/make boxes or anything else that is ok to be seated while completing. If you hate people bossing you about on a daily basis (non management) I would not suggest to work here as the older/experienced people try and boss you about every little thing. All staff are told to swap half hourly or every hour and rotate on the line because sometimes a certain job on that shift can be hard work, but most older/experienced members are stuck in there old ways and think they can stay in the same place and talk all day while you are running round like a headless chicken.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
unappreciated management, not allowed to sit down, no one is trust worthy
Fun place to work with everyone knowing their role. Help is always at hand should you need it. Regular one to one job chats keep staff on track to achieve their objectives and targets. Wax Lyrical are great supporters of the local environment and fundraise during the year It is no surprise that they achieved Gold award at the last IIP inspection
Pros
Good working environment. Staff discount on products plus staff sales
Cons
Salaries are generally lower than those in the area
I enjoyed the interaction with the public and also enjoyed learning about candles. I learnt the principles of visual merchandising, and working within a budget for staffing levels
Pros
Discount
Cons
Shift patern
Good place to work, all colleagues are helpful and friendly. Easy to get along with. Overtime has been available on expected busier days, in school holidays and to cover full time staff holidays. Pay is minimum wage for your age bracket, a bonus used to be available if you had worked within the company for a certain amount of time (not sure if this is ongoing now it has changed hands). Expected to work out of normal working hours for stock take but the process is usually quick and seamless.
Pros
Discount on products, Bonus
Cons
Shift hours
I loved working at wax lyrical, everybody who works there work so hard to get it perfect for the customer. it is funny how you always smell lovely when you leave the factory. the management there are so into the day to day praising of employees, and are on the shop factory floor nearly everyday, and it was nice to be told everyone is doing an exellent job off of the bosses. My best part of the day was starting my job first thing, and not really wanting to go home cos i just loved everything about working at wax lyrical, and all the co workers are all just fun and good people.
Pros
free candles, and 5 pound bag full of stock
Cons
stopping the hot lunches in the cafe
Have been working at Wax Lyrical for 5 years. I really enjoy my job and the atmosphere in the office. There have recently been a lot of improvements and opportunities for development and a employee survey for management to make it a even better place to work. Most managers are very good, and are approachable including are MD.
Pros
Canteen, staff discount, early knock on Fridays, pension, free parking.
Cons
Location - not easy to get to on public transport
i have worked for wax lyrical for 11 years they are a company who are always looking to improve as a company and improve the skills of the work force
Pros
regular day shift and complete job security
Cons
low pay rates for some highly qualified employees
Worked evenings stocking shelves, setting up displays.All my co-workers were very approachable and friendly.Imost enjoyed interacting with the customers.
Pros
Working with friendly co-workers.
Cons
Was far from where i was living at the time.
On a daily basis as a receptionist I not only provide a reception service but also an office admin and postal co-ordinator.I come to work dressed smartly to present a positive image of the company; I am to be polite when meeting and greeting visitors and customers. It is important to present a positive image of yourself and the company you are working for, if you are presented positively then so is the organisation, therefore the client will continue to use the organisation and refer others. If you are negative then that is transmitted to the client who avoids the organisation. First impressions need to be a good one as if they are not and you do not meet the expectations of the customer/visitor they will not want to use the company again.I follow security procedures when asking the customer/visitor to sign in. The customer/visitor must also read the hygiene policy and sign the document to say that they have read it and understood it. Once the customer/visitor has signed in I will phone the member for staff to collect them, this is done for security and confidentiality, we need to know where all visitors are at all times so we know that they are safe and that they are not in view of any work that is confidential.As a receptionist we see problems on a daily basis. One of them would be that someone had made an appointment to see someone here and that person may have either phoned in sick or maybe even be running late. A customer may get aggressive and or annoyed at this and confront the receptionists at the desk. If this did happen we would have to keep calm and try to calm - more...
Pros
enjoyable and relaxed atomshere
Cons
only half an hour for lunch
  1. Employee reviews