Wayfair

Wayfair Employee Reviews

Great place for young people to quickly progress in your career if you have the right attitude and are willing to work hardLoads of opportunity to collaborate with teams across Europe and the U.S. and always new projects to get stuck into itWayfair is constantly growing and changing so being adaptable is a must, but for the right person the possibilities are endless at Wayfair!
Pros
Great workplace culture with lots going on throughout the year
Cons
A lot of expectation on you and your team, Some other Wayfair sites get better perks than at Lutterworth site
The work at Wayfair is heavy as furniture.Some of the managers stand around talking all day and then shout at you for not working harder. Asked some of managers to show me best way to do things they had no idea get another colleague to help you.Keep putting the targets up.Stressful work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful and long hours
Just avoid at all costs poor on every level from poor management to poor working environment to using defective equipment when they have no other available putting life’s at risk. No respect from bottom to the top!
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
List is endless
Good place to work, good money though there was too many supervisors, for 30 flt drivers team we had 6 supervisors, rather busy place with pick rate of 30 iteams per h (iteams weight from 5kg to 125kg)
Pros
Paid brakes
Cons
Heavy lifting
- Wayfair Lutterworth Is home to the most rewarding work experience and amazing career opportunities - rapid growth, constant learning and creative problem-solving. Is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers, the unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success.- The environment provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, s. orientation, age, national origin or disability.- Leadership values and relays on the collective employees voices - every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why I'm proud to be part of a company that allows a variety of experiences and opportunities.- Great work life balance culture and priority of safety is at the forefront, very strong H&S and equal opportunities culture.- Great remuneration and pension/benefits/bike to work schemes. In summary, I can only say positive things, competent teams with exemplary standards of work, the teams work focused on delivering a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because they are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
I have been working with Wayfair for just under a year and I have loved every moment. The company is growing and whilst we are not perfect we are striving to be. The site is constantly changing with new technology and ways of working. It can be tough but building a world class operation can be, Wayfair look to build with their staff, understanding the front line are the core of the operation.
Pros
Free tea and coffee for all, clear growth plans and investment.
Cons
Since starting at Wayfair I can honestly say that I have not worked in environment as positive as this before , obviously I can only speak from my own personal experience before starting here but on a weekly Basis the company will come up with New Ideas to promote Team Building , Incentives and ways to make people feel like they belong to a company who cares . In my time with wayfair I have been supported by both my Ops Manager and Senior Ops manager , they have been involved in my personal development throughout providing me with feedback both positive and constructive .Reading through reviews its clear that some people have been unhappy with there experience with the company, unfortunatley it is difficult to please every employee that comes through the door and sometimes people need to take responsibility for themselves. I have had the pleasure of working with brilliant Associates , Team leaders and other supervisors . This year has been a challenging and difficult year for everyone due to Covid-19 but I could not speak highly enough of Wayfair. The treatment of all staff has been a real plus point , rewarding them with extra hourly payment increases and takeaways paid for every week. The Company has followed all government guidelines in a professional manner making me feel safe to come to work . I would like to finish of my review by encouraging anyone looking for a company who invests time in there employees and helps those who work hard and are committed to progress by employing from within .
Pros
Career Progression, Great working enviroment, Support from Managment in all aspects
Cons
Training needs to be more in depth and consistent for associates
Wayfair is a great place to work at any level, In my experience i have been given opportunities to take the next step in management. Job security is very good, Wayfair are always looking for new staff to grow the company. Fantastic atmosphere can have a laugh with colleagues and also get a good job done.
Pros
Free drinks in the canteen, Paid breaks, Great place to work.
I have started work with Wayfair nearly from beginning on UK4 times.It's great place to grow if you willing to do so of course. We have many who started as warehouse operative and now TL or Supervisor. Management is always respectful and willing to help. Great benefits for any level employee. What only I can complain that shift changes will happen, but you can not make all happy for so big change and you can to expect if you want to improve our SLA.
In my 1.5 years at wayfair it has been great. The engagement and culture is amazing. Leadership support is on hand at all times and they are always looking for associates to progress well within the company. Learn@work courses available for all employees to get a better understanding of the company but also to improve their own experience and knowledge for their role to thrive. Not many companies provide this. Anyone looking to challenge themselves to succeed this is the place to be. Future is really bright for wayfair. Looking forward to continue on with the journey!!
Pros
Amazing & supportive leadership starting from the highest level within the warehouse, Monthly activities to keep engagement and culture sustainable and for associates, Facilitiy treated as a home, Opportunities for progression for the right individuals
Cons
Mentally and physically demanding, if you are not ready for the challenge once you step foot in through the door the job is not for you
I have been working with Wayfair for 10 months and I can not recommend it enough. I came from an outside environment and being an outsider is always daunting, all teams were very helpful. Always available and ready to show you everything. The teams are good and very supportive. Management is always around when you need them and support your decisions and teach you everything they know. They have supported the colleagues through the COVID situation offering meals and the PPE or all worker making sure we were safe even though we have worked non stop. If you are a hard worker with a go get it attitude this is the place!
Pros
Good cantine, Good environment, good team spirit
great support from this company especially in response to covid - they have split the shifts meaning we are leaving 30 mins early, issued masks, paid bonus, paid sick time, arranged testing. Been trained on inbound but also worked on returns and shipping. Friendly place to work, there are targets but also safe working is pushed, always someone to help as some of the boxes are really heavy. Lots of kit available though to help move it around. Really good wages, paid correctly as well and has been lots of overtime available. My manager is ok, and the other managers in the site seem alright.
Pros
Free vend for drinks, good wages and overtime
Cons
Very very busy, heavy boxes
Having recently joined Wayfair from a more mature company, one noticeable difference is the countless opportunities to develop as an individual and the Business.A supportive, vibrant and growing environment that harbours a positive culture from the ground level up, it is definitely a well balanced and enjoyable company to be a part of.The Management team are engaging and competent in leading all Business objectives and share their knowledge to evolve skills regardless of place in the leadership hierarchy. As with all Companies there are “opportunity” areas, but these are known and are on the agenda to improve.Great company benefits and working environment.
Pros
Shares, work life balance and all site engagement
Top group of lads. It’s heavy lifting but the teams are good. Sometimes hard to find your manager on the floor as it’s so big but you will always find a manager and they have radios. They do loads of free stuff like raffles and the like which is nice. You also get money if you recommend people. If you don’t like heavy lifting don’t apply but I don’t mind it
Pros
Day goes fast
Cons
Heavy lifting, lots of new starters
Big new site in Lutterworth with loads of opportunities. They actually performance manage properly they will coach and train you but at the end of the day they don't just let lazy workers stay and I respect that.It is hard work but the management team do seem to care, if you are want to move departments or shifts there is scope to do that which is nice.I like it, big clean, tidy box with standard pay and fun guys to work with
Pros
clean, new, managers try hard
Cons
vending machines sometimes dont work or need cash
Disgraceful place to work, treated like dogs, if your not polish or Romanian you have little to no chance of getting full time. The sizes and weights of some of the boxes you have to pick or move are ridiculous good chance of causing injury. Also they will happily use broken vna’s or ones that have been signed off until fixed if they run out of trucks! Literally one of the worst companies I’ve worked for!
Pros
Money better than average
Cons
Too many to spend time listing
I went for supposedly my first day at wayfair with PMP agency. Training was minimal you just read a few boards placed up about manual handling. Told nothing about how to do your job, just a quick overview of all the areas which didn't have any signs up. I was then sent to repallet items that stupidly get delivered mixed up, so items are not together. No pallets available for you to stack items onto unless you wait for a forklift to bring you some. You are lifting items 20KG plus on your own for 10 hours. When you do get help they then send that person away claiming you don't need two people to do this job. It was back breaking work and after first and only day my arms were like jelly. You got one 30 minute break, kicker is It takes you 10 minutes to walk to canteen.Team leaders and supervisors are all Eastern Europeans. They give favouritsm to their own kind, not being racist but that did happen. Next day I was getting ready for 2nd shift, phone rang telling me I wasn't needed and there was no work for me but they would ring me when work became available again.I never got paid for my 1 day of work either because it takes them 1 week to set up your payment scheme. Ironically I have now got a job with a better company called VF who treat their staff well. Been with them for 6 weeks. I am now paid 9.50 an hour instead of minimum wage I was supposed to get at Wayfair. I get more breaks and there is no heavy lifting of items over 15KG max. Funny story is PMP rang me two days after I had got this new job and told me they have shifts available. What a joke of an Agency you sign - more...
Pros
Cons
Long shift, no training, not paid, team leaders all foreign, 1 short break. No social distancing, poor agency.
my personal experience has been great. I experienced the old building for a week or so before moving to the huge new building. The first 12 weeks were with an agency which gave me an opportunity to prove my work ethic and reliability. I turned up on time everyday and after 12 weeks I was offered a permanent position. I've felt supported by the management all the way. It's not an easy ride and they do expect you to be reliable, but in exchange I've been trained on a few different trucks and work with several departments everyday and truly feel part of the team. The safety culture is excellent and they're managing covid19 and social distancing brilliantly. No outbreaks and regular screening. Lots of expansion going on all the time so if you're hard working come and join in.
Pros
Clean, tidy, modern, career development, dynamic
Cons
not for lazy people that take days off regularly
Untrained management that have been promoted beyond their abilities. An HR department that's useless for anything other than sending virtue signalling emails or organising stupid competitions. People long term sick with stress from bullying, and grievances whitewashed to protect incompetent managers. Horrible culture, horrible people. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Pay is reasonable for the industry
Cons
Terrible culture, untrained and unprofessional management. Useless HR
I work in wayfair for 7 months and night shift is the best especially if you work for Inbound/ putaway team. Pay good and easy work. supervisor and manager help me to get job and listen to people help and very happy. If you work for wayfair ask to work for these Inbound team.
Pros
Good money. Good Management. Good nights.
Cons
Other shift very bad. Avoid.
Having worked night shift in previous warehouse UK4 I had bad experiences with leadership team on shift.Went to new building inbound is changing new supervisor an Indian guy and a shy Black guy Manager. These two are quite clued on and very approachable they tend to deal with issues as they arise. Receive had its fair issues in terms of bullying and favouritism. You can clearly see the difference since these two joined as measures and action is taken. I wish Wayfair hired people with a clue!!!
  1. Employee reviews