Wayland Games Limited

Wayland Games Limited Culture reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews

Clear

Challenging at times, but rewarding to work with leaders in the industry

Working at Wayland Games can be challenging at times, but also be extremely rewarding.They are an ambitious company, growing rapidly both financially and in terms of headcount. If you are keen to work in the tabletop gaming industry, they are probably the best up-and-coming company to work for at the moment. Their manufacturing capabilities are pretty much unmatched for a company their size, and they are working on some exciting properties - it's extremely rewarding to be a part of this.The culture within the business is also very good: colleagues are generally united by a shared love of the industry, so there's always something to chat about - and it also means people tend to be more passionate about their work. The management are, in my experience, very supportive: on the (quite numerous!) occasions I encountered challenges during my working day, I could always rely on being able to talk constructively and openly with them, which was a great help.There are some things to watch out for: as a rapidly growing company, some managerial structures still need working out, and communication between departments could be better - but this is being worked on, I believe, and it was already starting improve during my time with them.Salaries can also be pretty low *on the face of it* given the demands placed on staff, but speaking from experience this is not uncommon within the tabletop gaming industry - and if you like tabletop games you might well find that the generous staff discount offsets this. Ultimately, though, talent and hard work are rewarded and if you do a good job you'll -

Pros

Interesting, growing company and a good team

Cons

Challenging targets at times

The best place I have worked, and will continue to work

I am so thankful for my job(s) at Wayland, I started as a basic operative but I have progressed through multiple departments in a comparatively short space of time, climbing up my career ladder. Each time I have been paid fairly and challenged appropriately. If you work hard, you do get rewarded which is a rare thing to say for most employers these days. The staff and workplace culture they have cultivated is just so nice and it's honestly gotten to the point where I look forward to each new day, and often it doesn't feel like work. I have so much to thank for at Wayland and I highly recommend getting a job here if you want to work hard because you will be rewarded.

Pros

Lovely staff, career progression

Cons

Slightly long hours, can be very hot downstairs in summer

Insights into Wayland Games Limited

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Work for the Unexpected

A quite nice, niche place to work. Friendly and supportive atmosphere. I would say that the business owners are perhaps a little too hands-on leading to a change of direction in project alignment however it just adds to the challenges and makes life more interesting to be honest. Loved it.

Pros

Imaginative and Fun

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayland Games Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Wayland Games Limited reviews by location

• Wayland Games Limited
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?