Wayland Games Limited

Wayland Games Limited Management reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews

Clear

Challenging at times, but rewarding to work with leaders in the industry

Working at Wayland Games can be challenging at times, but also be extremely rewarding.They are an ambitious company, growing rapidly both financially and in terms of headcount. If you are keen to work in the tabletop gaming industry, they are probably the best up-and-coming company to work for at the moment. Their manufacturing capabilities are pretty much unmatched for a company their size, and they are working on some exciting properties - it's extremely rewarding to be a part of this.The culture within the business is also very good: colleagues are generally united by a shared love of the industry, so there's always something to chat about - and it also means people tend to be more passionate about their work. The management are, in my experience, very supportive: on the (quite numerous!) occasions I encountered challenges during my working day, I could always rely on being able to talk constructively and openly with them, which was a great help.There are some things to watch out for: as a rapidly growing company, some managerial structures still need working out, and communication between departments could be better - but this is being worked on, I believe, and it was already starting improve during my time with them.Salaries can also be pretty low *on the face of it* given the demands placed on staff, but speaking from experience this is not uncommon within the tabletop gaming industry - and if you like tabletop games you might well find that the generous staff discount offsets this. Ultimately, though, talent and hard work are rewarded and if you do a good job you'll -

Pros

Interesting, growing company and a good team

Cons

Challenging targets at times

Great Company to work for

Wayland Games was the best company have worked for. I always felt supported and was trusted to make some major decisions. I only left due to anti social hours and travel, not because of the company.If the job didn't involve late nights I would have stayed.

Pros

Great atmosphere, management were supportive

Cons

Anti social hours.

Insights into Wayland Games Limited

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Underpaid and little career advancement

Lack of communication between departments and managers are often not there for staff. Promises are often made regarding positive changes but are rarely followed through. As a whole, the company is often unorganized with awful pay barely above minimum wage with at times a rude and abrasive CEO. Wouldn't recommend working here.

Pros

Decent hours

Cons

Very low pay, little advancement.

Unprofessional and do not care about staff

Terrible place to work, management don't have a clue what's going on, very unorganised, terrible pay, the CEO likes to micro manage all his staff which makes life very stressful as he is never around. Projects always run over deadlines, departments don't talk to one another, managers don't actually have any experience and are never there for the staff, overall not a nice place to work.

Cons

Bad pay and terrible managment

Good workplace, with responsible (understanding) staff and management

-Fast and a lot of responsibility in a day - Management and Organizational skills learned - Understanding management - Funny and responsible co-workers - Preparing for the end of the day (a lot of work in the final hours of the day) - the interaction between employees

Pros

Opportunities to earn more

Cons

Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wayland Games Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement